Returning Home

Returning Home

Hello all~ 

I've decided to do make a oneshot on two of our beloved Super Junior members- Heechul and Kangin. We all know they're in the army right now and since in America, today is Veteran's Day, I wrote this. I really don't know if Korea has any day like this, but let's just say they do. A lot of people think 11-11-11 is for wishes, but it's a day we remember those who risk their lives to protect ours. Enjoy and pray for all Veterans!

----

 

Kangin looked outside the car window as he moved quickly through the bright, busy streets of Seoul, South Korea. They would be arriving at their destination in a few minutes and he could feel his heart beat wildly.

“Kangin, you look like you’re going to pee in your pants.” His colleague smirked at him from the side.

“Shut up Heechul.” He and Kim Heechul were drafted into the army. They haven’t fought in a war yet and deep down, they were both glad.

“Don’t deny it either Heechul. You’re excited.” Heechul shrugged nonchalantly but Kangin could see the glimmer in his eyes. The taxi stopped in front of an apartment complex and nodded at the two men.

“Here we are sirs. Have a nice day.” With a quick nod he sped away, and coming to a stop a mere ten meters away where a young couple got in.

“Come on hyung. Hopefully you haven’t forgotten where the dorms are.” Heechul ducked from his friend’s playful punch and hurried up the porch steps and entered the huge building. Kangin followed and slid into the lobby right as the door shut. Heechul waggled his arms and moved around quickly, as if prepping himself for a fight.

“Ready to take down those stairs?” Kangin groaned, remembering they lived near the top; where the penthouses were.

“No. I come back from the intense training to have these stairs here? I don’t know about you Heenim. I’m going to be taking the elevator like a boss.” Heechul made a face and stepped into the elevator with his friend.

“Do you remember the floor?” Kangin asked nervously, toying with his pack. Heechul nodded.

“Don’t worry. Your Heechul has got this covered.” The vehicle stopped and the two walked off into the dim hallway.

“Was this place always this dark?” Kangin wondered out loud.

“Nope. I guess the lights aren’t functioning right or something.” Heechul shrugged and stopped in front of a door. They were quiet and they listened to the sounds emitting from the dorms. Someone was shouting and someone was running. Sounds of gunshots were dimly heard and Kangin had to smile. Videogames were part of the maknae’s daily life. Kangin felt Heechul push his gun deeper into his pack- there was no need to scare their old band mates.

“Don’t worry. We got this.” Kangin felt as if he were reassuring himself. With a shaking hand, he knocked on the door loudly and soundly. The noises abruptly stopped and there seemed to an earthquake as the sound of twelve men made their way to the door.

“Cho Kyuhyun, get off the computer! Now!” There was soft pattering and the door squeaked open.

“Hyung, hurry up and open the door!” Someone whined on the other side.

“Suspension Min. We’ve got make this really special.” Heechul sighed impatiently and raised his hand to knocked- more like slam his hand- on the door when it opened and a smiling Leeteuk beamed at them.

“Welcome back!” The door was pushed back by a grinning Donghae.

“Hyungs!” Cries were heard everywhere and suddenly everyone began talking over one another. Kangin winced inwardly, noting that shouting would strain their voices. There was a ringing sound and the shouting died down. Everyone glanced down the hall where an irate elderly man was standing there with a bell.

“Some people do want to rest you know.” Leeteuk bowed and apologized, yanking the two into the dorm.

“I promise we’ll be quieter.” The man snorted but gave him a knowing look.

“Not with your two members coming back.”

Kangin and Heechul surveyed the group and saw that not only was Zhou Mi and Henry there, Kibum and Hangeng sat there, smiling too. Heechul squealed and ran into Hangeng’s arms. Everyone smiled. Kangin took a deep breath, a bit overwhelmed. Happiness washed over him and he opened his eyes, smiling at his friends.

“Wow. We’ve really missed you guys.”