001

H A P P Y
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sound of a crying child couldn't be heard anymore. For Baekhyun, time stopped. He could only hear the sound of his mother weeping, the police sirens and his father talking to a big man in a police officer's clothes. Baekhyun opens his eyes when he felt slender arms embracing him into a warm hug.

 

"I'm so glad you're okay." His blurry vision turns clear and he can see his mother cradling him in her arms, tears streaming down her eyes with such persistence. He saw his father talking to a police officer, he looked depressed as he did. And he could only hear a few words, the rest was a blur as he tried to understand.

 

There was 'robbery', 'bandits', 'negligence', and 'attack'. When the two policemen left, his grandfather and grandmother came with a shocked expression, tears welling up in their eyes' also. Now, Baekhyun was a child, he didn't understand much when the two old people muttered, "Patience', 'it's a test', and 'sorry'.

 

But what he did know was, he saw his little brother's body, Taehyung, laying still on the floor, motionless, a piece of white clothe covering his body.

 

He didn't know why his mother was so upset. Is it because he was too young and immature to understand adults or was it because he was too emotionless when his brother 'went'. His own blood. Baekhyun was only 6, and Taehyung, he was only 3.

 

If mommy loves Taehyung so much, why won't I die too?

 

His tiny heart shouted when his mother wouldn't stop kissing Taehyung's forehead with bliss and sadness. He was jealous, possesive. Is it wrong? Baekhyun was his mother's child too. His father's also.

 

A week after Taehyung's unfortunate death, brought no change to the Byun's. Dad is always busy with his work and sometimes refuses to play video games with him while mom is still rummaging through Taehyung's things. Completely shutting of the world, including Baekhyun.

 

Baekhyun felt lonely.

 

But, it didn't last long when dad came home one day with tickets to USS Singapore. Mom was the happiest person when she hugged her husband.

 

"We haven't been on vacation in a long time, haven't we, darling?" M

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter