---

Of Twilight, Chicken Bones and Night Clubs
 
 
Bodies were pressed together in a sweaty twisted dance that Jongin was already to familiar with. In the same way that he was to familiar with the buzzing sensation of alcohol buzzing through his body. He was sure that Sehun was speaking to him though he did not feign to listen or to care at all. His eyes were steadily staring at the one thing that did not belong inside the dirty club. He was standing against the wall his wide dark eyes darting back and forth nervously from the dancing bodies to the exit. That was the first thing that Jongin had noticed, his eyes. Then his fingers. His left hand was gripping the right as if it was the only thing keeping him in reality. 
 
“Jongin!” Sehun yelled over the music again rolling his eyes when his friend finally broke his intense gaze from the shorter boy. With a small smirk Sehun shook his drink the way he’d seen his idols do in the movies. 
 
“Just go talk to him. I mean your Kim Jongin right?” 
Jongin had a hate love relationship with his best friends ability to be able to tell exactly what he was thinking and telling him exactly what he needed to hear. 
 
Sehun continued though when Jongin didn’t reply but instead turned back to stare at the boy. 
 
“I mean he’s defiantly different. If your looking for someone to help you get over Chanyeol I mean , you- know - who.” Jongin took another drink of alcohol the liquid burning and searing down his closed throat. There was something about the way the boy that was pulling him towards him, though neither of them were moving. 
 
“ What’s the problem man. I’ve seen you walk out of here with movie stars. You can get this guy. I mean I don’t understand why its him but thats your tastes man.” 
 
If Sehun hadn’t been there he probably wouldn’t have moved any closer to the boy but he could either move forward or listen to Sehun until they decided to leave. He drowned his drink and pushed off the bar ignoring the whoop from Sehun that was barely audible over the pulsing music. He reached the boy who immediatley looked up at him those brown eyes striking Jongin as insanely and warmly beautiful. 
 
“ Wan’t to get out of here?” He said the words slipping out of his mouth before he could do anything about them. What the hell was wrong with him? He usually asked for at least a name first but here he was skipping to the end of a half an hour conversation. His eyes had distracted him to much. He felt a hole at the pit of his stomach. This guy was surely going to think he was crazy and walk away. He had ed up his chance already. 
 
“Finally.” The boy said the tiniest smile gracing his wonderfully full lips. “ I thought you were just going to stare at me all night.” 
 
Jongin thinks later when they are bursting into his apartment and the older boy is that his name is Kyungsoo in his ear that that was one of the moments. One of the moments that changed his whole world in a sentence. He forgets about Chanyeol when he is deep inside of the doe eyed boy. He’s lost and found in those moments right before he is about to on the precipice of something raw and new.
 
——————
 
Jongen doesn't see Kyungsoo for three months afterward. He’d woken up to an empty bed, not even a trace of the boy from the night before laid there. It was almost like it hadn’t happened but Jongin knew that it had. And afterwards every late night was nothing, absolutely nothing to him when he thought of the older boy. He’d stopped picking up people from club and picking up lotion to his length as he thought about Kyungsoo. He’d gone back after that, every night to try and see the boy. He wanted to look into his dark eyes again and hear his name flowing past those plump lips. 
 
“Are you seeing someone?” Sehun finally asked though Jongin knew that he had been holding in the question for months. They were walking down the street to the book store to get Sehun’s books for school.
 
Jongin smiled wistfully. “ I wish. But no.” 
 
This answer did nothing to convince the other boy. “ You’re seeing that short guy from the club aren’t you? He must give great head. I still believe that’s the only reason that you kept Chanyeol around.” 
 
Jongen couldn’t stop the laugh that came out of him. “You’re a ing idiot Oh Sehun. And I am not seeing Kyungsoo.” 
 
“You know his name???” Sehun said eyes wide and Jongin sighed internally. His friend was never going to shut up about it now. 
 
Even as they entered the store Sehun was going on and on about how he was his only friend and that he expected that he would at least tell him that he was seeing someone. All of this Jongin ignored with a half amused half wistful look on his face. As he walked through the store he found himself gravitating around waiting for Sehun to call him. He was spacing out thinking about Kyungsoo again and wondering why in the hell he was still thinking about him and it had already been three months, when he heard a familiar voice in front of him. 
 
“Come here often?” He blinked and there was Kyungsoo stuffing books on the shelf and scanning them with the device in his hand. Jongen looked the boy’s uniformed figure wondering if he was dreaming or not or was Kyungsoo in front of him in a uniform shoving books onto a shelf in front of him. 
 
“There you go staring again.” 
 
Blinking again Jongin tried to regain some of his cool coughing to dislodge the saliva that had caked up in his throat over the past few seconds. 
 
“Uh. Yeah. I like reading.” He stated and felt his face burn as Kyungsoo smiled fully at him. He must sound like a dumb . Kyungsoo looked up at something and smiled even harder though he was desperately trying to stop smiling. 
 
“So um pregnancy books interest you?” 
Jongin looked up thinking he could probably die on the spot as the large pink sign that stated pregnancy books hung over him. 
 
“um.” Jongin started clearly flustered. 
 
“ I mean to each his own. No judgment here.” With a quiet laugh he scanned the last book that he had put on the shelf and walked away deliberately but slowly. 
 
“ I do actually like to read.” Jongin said catching up to him quickly. Kyungsoo was still smiling amused. 
 
“I’m sure you do. There is nothing wrong with reading pregnancy books Jongin.” 
 
Jongen felt like the wind had been kicked out of his chest. “ You remember my name.” He couldn’t read Kyungsoo’s face as the older boy said. 
 
“You have a unique name.” 
 
“No…. You like me.” Jongin said a little bit of his confidence coming back to him. Kyungsoo not looking up from the books on the shelf said. 
 
“ yeah. I guess I do. But what are you going to do about it?” 
 
Jongen bit his lip surprised. Was he flirting back? He couldn’t tell and it was strange but he was sure that he liked it. 
 
“Let me take you on a date.” 
 
“Hmm.. No. Too easy. Let’s start with my number.” Kyungsoo said cheekily trying to stop his full blown smile. 
 
Jongin raised his eyebrow, he really wasn’t used to…. whatever this was. 
 
“Alright, can I have your number?” Kyungsoo rolled his eyes this time still smiling. He pulled a book off the shelf smiling at the title. 
 
He opened it up and Jongin watched as he wrote down something on separate pages thought the book. Once he was done he handed the book to Jongin. 
 
“You want my number. Work for it playboy. If you can read the whole book You’ll have my number.” 
 
Jongin was sure his eyebrows were in the ceiling by now.  “You want me to read Twilight?!”
Kyungsoo laughed his eyes closing at the same time as his nose scrunched. “What can I say? You have to stop reading all those pregnancy books Jongin. It’s not healthy for you.” 
 
With that he walked off again and Jongin was about to follow him but Sehun walked up behind him textbooks ready. 
 
“oh is that your boyfriend?” Sehun said a but too loudly and Jongin was sure that Kyungsoo must have heard from the way he was smiling. 
———
 
  1. That was all of the numbers Jongin had gotten to. While he was aware he could just flip through the book and find the numbers he had started it now he had to finish it. He hated Bella of course like most of the world but he strangely had to know what was going to happen to her. He’d found a few new letters before the doorbell rang. Figuring it was Sehun he stuffed the book under his pillow and went for the door. He was surprised though by the expression on Sehun’s face as he opened the door. 
 
“What the hell is wrong with you?” Jongen asked as Sehun burst into his apartmetnt. His whole body radiated tension and stress and Jongin was sure that he was going to have to grab his bat and get ready to someone up for Sehun. 
 
“I met a guy.” Sehun wailed falling back on the  couch. Panic welled up in Jongin. He raced over to the corner of the room and grabbed his bat he mostly kept for occasioins like this. 
“What’s his name, where is he? I’ll get him i swear” 
Shun looked up at Jongin a mixture of amusement and annoyance in his face. “No you dumb nut, I met a guy. Someone I think I actually like.” 
Kai’s eyebrows shot up as he sat back down and watched Sehun.
 
“So who is it?” 
 
Sehun sighed and looked up at the ceiling. “His name is Byun Baekhyun. There’s just something about him. He makes me laugh till my stomach hurts. And I just feel this overwhelming need to kiss him.” 
Jongin laughed but then relflected that this was about how he felt for Kyungsoo. 
“So whats the problem?” 
Sehun looked up at him a pout already on his face. Jongin knew that meant he was about to ask him for a favor. 
 
“Well he invited me ….. to lunch.” 
Jongin was sure that his eyebrows were in his forehead now. “ To lunch? Sehun, you like a guy that invited  you to lunch? Who invites people to lunch?”
“I know !” Sehun said his eyes widening “ He’s so random! I was like who does that! But he looked me dead in my face and asked me to lunch. I should have just left right there. You know my rule, I don’t date, I casually .” 
 
Jongin winced at Sehun’s words trying to choke back a laugh. “Ok but I’m still not seeing what the problem is here?” 
“He’s kind of inviting his friend….” Sehun said leaving the last words to hang in the air, while looking at Jongin meaningfully. 
“So a double date? Who are you going to take? “ Jongin asks still looking confused. Sehun sighed throwing his hands up into the air. 
“You ! I’m taking you!” 
 
“What? No. I cant.” 
“Why?” Sehun pouted again though he knew that he had long since worn off his aegyo affect on his roommate. 
 
Jongin thought about the twilight book on his bed wondering how long it was going to take him to finish. He also thought about going out with Sehun. Even though he and Kyungsoo weren’t dating he still felt like he was betraying him somehow. Before he could make up an excuse though Sehun saw right through him as usual. 
 
“If this is about that short guy don’t worry about it Jongin. Your not really going on a date, your just going so it won’t be awkward for all three of us.” 
Jongin bit his lip and Sehun poked out his lip again. “Pweaaaseee?” 
With a sigh he nodded. “Alright. But just cause I’m such a good friend.” 
 
——————
 
The Tavern was a nice brunch restaurant that Jongin was sure he had seen a million times from a car window. It was the kind of place that caught your attention when you looked at it but it was never a place that Jongin would have stepped foot in unless it was Mothers day. He was more of a local pizza joint, greasy burger place type guy. So when he stepped inside the immaculate off white restaurant he looked down feeling horribly underdressed. 
He was sure that people were staring at him because of his dark denim shorts and slightly wrinkled button up. To tell the truth he had forgotten about the meal until Sehun had called him frantic because he was cutting it close to being late. There was nothing he could do about it now though as he followed one of the waitresses to a table in the back where Sehun and another short boy were waiting. 
 
As he sat down he gave the boy a quick once over. He was short as he had noticed before with a puppy face and smiling yet all knowing eyes. Jongin suddenly felt and exposed under his eyes as if this boy he had never met before knew all his secrets and was one second away from telling them. Sehun was clearly nervous and Jongin almost laughed at how on edge his best friend was. He was sure the younger boy was going to break his neck trying to look back and forth between Jongin and his date. 
 
This all happened in seconds though and Jongin was back into reality as Sehun nervously introduced them. 
“Jongin this is Baekhyun, Baekhyun this is my best friend Jongin.” And they were shaking hands smiling at each other. Sehun had been right, there was something about him that pulls you in even without him having to say anything. 
 
“Ah you didn’t tell me he was this handsome!” Baekhyun said pushing Sehun’s shoulder playfully. Jongin blushed hoping that Sehun wouldn’t be upset by Baekhyun’s comment. Sehun smiled though and they laughed as if they were sharing some private joke that Jongin was unaware of. They both quickly turned back to Jongin though smiles on their faces. 
 
“So Jongin. I heard you like to dance?” The older boy started to dig into his food looking up at Jongin still waiting for an answer. Jongin breathed out a sigh of relief. This was something he could talk about, something he knew something about. 
 
“Well yeah, it’s sort of a passion of mines.” 
“How long have you been dancing?” 
“Since we were little kids.” Sehun answered also now eating from his plate seemingly relaxed now. “ He has known what he wanted to do ever since he was 5 years old.” 
 
“Ahh I envy you seriously.” Baekhyun said pointing his fork at Jongin, his mouth full of food. “ I wish I had known singing was what I wanted to do earlier.” 
 
“You sing?” Jongin asked smiling, he always had an appreciation for singers. Jongin expects the other boy to shrug it off and be modest about it but instead his eyes light up, probably the same way Jongin’s had. 
“Oh yeah.  But I didn’t realize thats what I wanted to do with my life until about two years ago. Up until then I was training to be an emergency responder. I mostly learned how to save people from chocking and stuff. You know before i left” 
 
“He’s going to need that.” Sehun mumbled and the both of them burst into another fit of private joke laughter. 
“Why am I going to need-“ 
 
“Jongin?” 
 
Jongin wiped his head around at the voice he had somehow already stored in the back of his mind. There dressed nicely from head to toe was Kyungsoo looking back and forth between him and Baekhyun who seemed to be dying of laughter. 
 
“Your the other date?” They asked at the same time. Jongin could have been out of his mind but he could have sworn he saw a faint blush come to Kyungsoo’s cheeks. 
 
“Sit down sit down!” Baekhyun was saying making wild motioning movements with his arms. Kyungsoo glared at his best friend before sitting down next to Jongin. it was like a heat wall sat between them and you could feel the awkwardness brewing in between them. On the other side of the table though Sehun and Baekhyun were thouroughly proud of themselves and were continuously congragulating the other on what a great plan they had come up with. 
 
“So you set this up?” Kyungsoo said his voice deep and accusing and Jongin flushed hoping that Kyungsoo wasn’t that made that they had been put together on a date. 
 
“Oh Kyungie lighten up! I figured this was better than you pacing around the house pining over him and wondering when he was going to call.”
 
Jongin felt his heart lifting in his chest. Had Kyungsoo really been doing that? Somehow he imagined that he was siting on his bed chuckling at how he was making it so hard to get his number. But had he really been just as nervous as Jongin was in the beginning?
 
“I’m going to strangle you.” Kyungsoo said his eyes wide. But Baekhyun just ignored him completely and turned to Jongin. 
 
“And what was taking YOU so long to call him! All you had to do was flip through the book and get the numbers!” 
 
“He was reading the whole thing.” Sehun said with a chuckle and Jongin wanted to threaten his best friend as well but knew it would not come out sounding as menacing as Kyungsoo’s had. 
 
Kyungsoo was loooking at him now to amusement flickering in his otherwise emotionless face. 
“Were you really reading the whole book?” 
“Were you really pacing?” Jongin shot back a smirk on his face. Kyungsoo smiled back and started to look in the menu for what he wanted to order without another word. Jongin looked up at the other two boys who were giving him affirming smiles and thumbs up. Hungry, Jongin snatched Sehun’s plate towards him and took a bit out of the chicken on his plate. 
 
“So Kyungsoo Hyung.” Sehun said and Kyungsoo put down his menu for a momment instantly recognizing Sehun from both the club and the book store. He figured that this must be Jongin’s best friend in the way that Baekhyun was his. 
 
“Yes?” 
 
Sehun leaned forward over the table and said as low as he could. 
 
“ How big is he? It’s pretty small right? Has to be.” 
 
Baekhyun burst out into laughter as Kyungsoo’s face went bright red. Through all of this though it happened to be a woman next to them that noticed that Jongin had started choking. 
“Oh my gad he’s chocking!” She said pointing. The laughter stopped at Sehun was looking at his friend in horror. 
“Jongin?” 
 
Things went black and all Jongin saw before he passed out was the horrified face on Kyungsoo..
——————
 
 
Jongin woke up in a haze blinking rapidly as he was blinded by a light over head. He huffed out a breath starting to panic as things suddenly came clear to him. He sat up looking around his heart beating hard in his chest. 
“What the hell?” He ask but stops breathing as he sees Kyungsoo there laying on the side of his bed a copy of the twilight book open next to him as he slept. 
 
“Oh good your awake.” says a friendly voice from the other side of the room.  A nurse strolled in with a bright smile on her face. 
“What happened to me?” Jongin asked in a daze. 
“You choked on some food that you ate at lunch today. Almost died to if it hadn’t been for one of the young boys that comes and checks on you. I think his name was Baekhyun.” she says just as brightly as if she didn’t just tell him that he almost died. 
“You have some good friends sir.” She said with a smile and pointed to Kyungsoo. 
“That one hadn’t left since you got here. And the other boys are out in t he waiting room.” 
Jongin looked back at Kyunsoo who was peacefully sleeping and felt his heart swelling in his chest. The nurse who was still smiling continued on. “ You should be able to leave in a few hours Mr. Kim.” 
Jongin thanked her not looking at her though because he only had eyes for the precious boy in front of him. He watched him for a while going over every moment he had come in contact with Kyungsoo realizing he was slowly but surely falling in love with the doe eyed boy.. 
 
An hour later Kyungsoo finally stired sitting his head up and stretchig his arms out he looked up at Jongin who was still looking back down at him. A loopy sort of relieved smile came to Kyungsoo’s face. 
“You’re ok.”
“Thanks to you guys yeah.” 
“Thanks to Baekhyun. If hadn’t been there… you could have died.” A frown twisted up Kyungsoo’s face making Jongin frown to. 
“ But I didn’t. I’m going to be alright.” 
He smiles then a small one but it makes Jongin feel better to. It was quiet for a moment but it was a nice quiet. It was bizarre to Jongin because he hated silence. He would rather feel the room with noise and talk than sit alone in silence. To be left alone with his thoughts was his fear. But here with Kyungsoo it was different. It was like they were speaking without having to speak. 
 
“ I see you’re reading twilight.” Jongin commented a little bit after noticing the book again. Kyungsoo blushed a deep red and nodded. 
“ I wanted to see what was so interesting that you had to read the whole book to get my number.” 
“And?” 
 
Kyungsoo smiled and looked down at his hands. “ I guess I identify with Bella.” 
Jongin held back his snort before he asked “ How so?” 
“You’re going to think it’s silly.” 
“try me.” 
 
Kyungsoo gave him another look before he took a deep breath and explained. “ I guess. Its because Bella feels invisible. It never says it in the book and sure she had friends just like a I do but she still feels invisible.” 
“How can you tell?” 
“Because Edward sees her you know? He doesn’t just notice her or know who she is, he sees her and makes her feel like she isn’t invisible and thats why she falls in love. “ 
Jongin waited quietly for Kyungsoo to continue and after a moment he did. “ I felt pretty invisible. I love Baekhyun to death but he doesn’t really see me. Not the way you do.” 
 
Jongin’s eyes opened as Kyungsoo looked up at him his eyes piercing Jongin’s. “ I knew you could see me from the beginning. Thats why I stayed away. Stayed away because I was scared of you seeing me. I guess in that way I’m like Edward to.” 
 
Looking back on it Jongin would always tell Kyungsoo that this was the moment that he fell in love with Kyungsoo. He was seeing him. And not for the first time. 
 
“Hey.” Jongin says and Kyungsoo raises his eyes to the question. 
“Yeah?” 
“Do you want to go on a date with me?” 
Kyungsoo smiled wide a laugh in his throat as he nodded. “ Yeah I actually really do.” 
 
 
———————
 
A/N: Hey guys ! Its been a long long time since i've writen anything but I am trying to get back into it! i get writers block alot and I'm really impatient when it comes to writing even though I love doing it. I also dont know how to eand stories well hence why this story ends so ishly! But its nice to be back! I will keep writing more!