Luhanified: First Stage

Luhanified

Luhanified: 1st Stage

 
Luhan peeped through his rolled up magazine and traced the green hummingbird fluttering around the big old school tree standing right next to the window.  He shifted his seat a little to change to a better angle but ended up toppling over and got yelled by the teacher.
 
The whole class burst out in laughter as the distant boy began rubbing his head to ease the pain from following on the floor.  You couldn’t help but let out a chuckle too, but immediately stopped when your eyes met with the clumsy boy’s.  Guilt took over as he sent you a mean glare.  But no matter how mean he tries to look, you can’t help but feel he’s cute.
 
You mentally sighed as you ducked your head and flipped your workbook, hoping that you’ll stop doing things that would annoy him.
   
“Student Luhan.  Please answer question three,” the teacher ordered.  
 
Luhan’s eyes immediately drifted to your piece of paper.  You shifted your hand a little so that he could have a better look, but the teacher appeared next to you and covered the answer.
 
The star walked up to the front of the class, passing by giggling classmates, and picked up a small piece of white chalk and scribbled on the board.  Everyone’s eyes widened as he skipped back to his seat with a triumphant grin.
 
The teacher scanned the answer and found nothing wrong with the answer written in flawless handwriting.  
 
“Teach!  Did I do it right?” Luhan cooed.
 
The teacher nodded and searched for the next victim to pick on.  You look happily at Luhan for not messing up, but he only stuck out a tongue at you before folding his hands and napping on them.
 
…..
 
“Student…student…” you whispered as you tried to nudge the sleeping prince awake.  “Luhan?”
 
One eye shot open and glared at you.  Luhan slowly yawned and stretched.
 
“It’s time for P.E. class,” you reminded nicely.  
 
“P.E…” he repeated after you and his eyes were filled with excitement.  “P.E.!”  With that, he slid down the stairs and headed straight to the swimming pool.
 
At least someone was thrilled that swimming was the sport of the week.  You, on the other hand, weren’t too excited.  You like it, but not when you’re being graded on it.
 
…….
 
You rub your arm as you stand next to the rest of the girls in one-piece swimsuits.  Across on the other side of the swimming pool were the boys who were lined up.  You immediately spot the prince in between the school’s other princes—Baekhyun and Sehun.
 
You stare at them, standing confidently next to each other, and begin to wonder how lucky the school was to have such handsome people attend.
 
“Student ___.  Student ___!” the swimming coach yelled.
 
Your eyes widened as you flung your hand up straight in the air.  “Present.”
 
“Pay attention when I call you!” the teacher scolded and then moved on to the next student.
 
Your eyes slightly met with Luhan who looked away and laughed with his friends.  Another mental sigh of defeat.  
 
……
 
At the end of class, you climbed out of the pool and reached for your towel when another female classmate took yours.
 
“Hands off.  This is mine,” she exclaimed.
 
You knew the towel was yours, but she was insistent that it wasn’t.  When you pointed at your initials on the towel, she aimed it at your face, but you caught it just in time.
 
“Thanks…” you said and headed to the lockers.  Unsatisfied with your response, she purposely pushed you from the back and you fell head first into the thirteen feet side of the water.
 
Not expecting the fall, you didn’t take a breath and with the quick dunk, you inhaled a lot of water.  You didn’t have your goggles on so everything was basically blurry.
 
The big towel wrapped around you weighed you down.  And when you tried swimming back to the surface, you remembered that you skipped breakfast and wasted all your energy swimming during class time.  Somehow, you found yourself sinking with the more you struggled.  And then, after some pointless movements, all was black.
 
…….
 
“She needs CPR.”  Sehun advised, before coughing a little.
 
“NO!” Luhan shouted, surprising everyone.  “You’re sick.  You don’t want to spread it,” Luhan explained in a softer and sweeter tone.  
 
Sehun nodded and scooted behind Baekhyun who took a deep breath and rubbed his hands together, getting ready to breathe some life into the unconscious girl.
 
“No.  Baekhyun.  You have a girlfriend, she might get jealous.” Luhan put a shoulder on his friend for assurance.
 
Baekhyun paused to think and then looked at Luhan.  “Lu, you’re the man.”  
 
“I know.”  With that, Luhan took in a large breath of oxygen and shared it with the girl.  And in return, Luhan received a refreshing face wash.  He instinctually flinched in disgust.
 
You scooted up and patted your chest to throw up the remaining water.  You your lips and spit out the taste of chlorine.  You finally look up to see the concerned faces next to you, but the only one you see is a horrified Luhan.
 
“Are you okay?” you ask.
 
Luhan flashed a confused look.  “No!  I had to kiss you.”  
 
Baekhyun started covering his mouth to suppress his laughter.  Sehun was worse—he choked on his laugh which then turned into a cough. 
 
“Next time, please don’t drown when I’m around.”  Luhan got up and marched to the boys’ lockers and didn’t bother to glance back.
 
But more importantly, don’t ever drown when I’m not around.
 
You sighed as you watched your savior walk away further—literally.  You then look up at the girls who pushed you.  Instead of smirking faces, they looked like they wanted to murder someone.  Seriously, were they that disappointed that you didn’t die?  
 
You got up and then looked for your towel.  It was all drenched in water and much too heavy to carry.  The girls snorted and left you on your own.
 
Suddenly, a warm, dry piece of cloth covered your head.  You shift the towel a little and glanced up to see a friendly-looking boy.  You recognized him as Kai.  Before you had time to react, he easily lifted your towel and twisted all the water out of it.  He smirked at his successful first attempt.
 
“Thanks…Kai…” you whispered shyly.
 
“You know my name?” he asked with amusement.
 
You nodded slightly, still surprised that he was talking to you.  An innocent smile appeared on his face.  
 
“Good.”  Kai patted your head and then left.  “Don’t be late for your next class,” he said as he waved and disappeared.
 
……..
 
“Luhan!” Tao shouted while knocking on the shower door in the boys lockers.  “I still need to shower!  Hurry up!”
 
Luhan tilted his head and let the droplets of water hit the back of his head.  He brought his fingers to his lips and a tiny smile curved up.