final; goodnight (i love you)

goodnight (i love you)

final; goodnight (i love you) | drabble

 It’s four-thirty in the morning and all the thirteen boys just got back to their dorm after busy schedules and late night practicing. Everyone looks beat and some have already collapsed on the floor with their limbs sprawled out and eyes closed, still have yet to shower. They have only a few hours to sleep before their next schedule for Music Bank and they want to get the most sleep they can get before having to wake up even though they’re exhausted (explains why some don’t even bother to shower plus it’s going to take a long time for all thirteen to shower).

Jisoo quickly heads to the bathroom when most of those who aren’t sprawled on the floor have finished showering, wanting to shower and get it over and done with so he can head to bed. Hansol and Jihoon trails behind him to take a shower as well.  It’s no longer weird to shower with three or more people after doing it plenty of times so that it’d take a shorter time for all of them to shower. It’s time and water conserving, or so the leader says.

Jisoo showers as fast as he can and leaves with his hair in a wet mess. His back wasn’t dried properly as well and his white shirt sticks to his wet back. He doesn’t bother drying it well because he’s too tired for that. It’ll dry soon enough anyway.

The boy goes to his room and a relieved sigh escapes his lips as he lands on the comfortable bed. He doesn’t remember it being this comfortable but it’s probably just because he’s too tired that everything seems comfortable to him. The floor seems pretty inviting as well. The lights are turned off and he hears the other bed creaking. He doesn’t know who entered the room but it’s probably just Junhui or maybe it’s someone else. But that doesn’t really matter, he just wants to sleep.

Just when he’s about to drift off, he feels a weight on his bed and his covers were pulled slightly. The first thought that pops in his mind was Junhui but he remembers that Junhui has never been on his bed and probably doesn’t plan to. But when did someone else even get in the room?

He feels gentle arms encircling his waist and his lips immediately curve into a smile – he knows, he knows the person very well.

“What if we get caught?” Jisoo asks the other boy.

The other boy chuckles lightly, “We’re just going to sleep together innocently, not anything else. There’s nothing to be afraid about. Sometimes Mingyu sneak# s onto Wonwoo’s bed too and none of us say anything about it.”

Jisoo laughs softly, not wanting to wake Junhui up who is currently snoring.

“If you say so.”

The other boy shifts closer to Jisoo and tightens embrace around him.  A contented sigh leaves Jisoo’s lips. It’s been a while.

“I miss you.”

Jisoo turns to face the boy and shifts a little, “Me too Junghan, I miss you too.”

Junghan places a kiss on Jisoo’s exposed neck – there is no motive behind the kiss, just simply an innocent one.

The two of them rarely have time for each other now that they have debuted. Not much quality time are spent between the two and it makes them long for each other more than they usually do during the trainee days.  Although they’re so close and see each other 24/7, they still feel the distance between them. There isn’t much time to spend with each other and Junghan takes this opportunity to sneak into Jisoo’s bed while everyone else is asleep. It’s the only way.

It’s different now compared to when they were still trainees and training in the green practice room and occasionally broadcasting 17TV. It’s different now – having to spend their time going to music shows to promote their debut track ‘Adore U’ and going to fanmeetings and interviews. Instead of 17TV, they broadcast Andromeda occasionally which is different from 17TV where it shows them practicing and playing around in the green practice room (examples include Jihoon chasing Mingyu around with a guitar in hand and where they try speaking English infront of the camera).  Andromeda is different but they enjoy it just as much as 17TV.

It’s great to debut after waiting for years and years but at the same time it’s exhausting and their body demands sleep and rest. Don’t get them wrong, they really love what they’re doing but no doubt their body is tired since they have very limited hours of sleep due to schedules. Nonetheless, they’re still thankful to meet their new fans and the fans that have been with them since 17TV and to promote their songs on the stage they’ve been dreaming of performing on ever since the trainee days.  After so much sweat and tears, debut has finally arrived.

“I miss this too,” Jisoo mumbles as his hands play with the other boy’s fingers before lacing them together. Junghan nods and says the same.

The room is dark and they can barely see each other in the darkness but their minds are too used to each other that they’re able to point out their features. 

“I’m so tired.”

“I know, you can go to sleep first,” Junghan says.

"But why would I go to sleep when you're here with me?" The boy asks and snuggles closer towards Junghan until there's no space left between them.

"I'm always here with you. Just go to sleep, I know it's been really tiring for you." 

Junghan's free hand plays with the other boy's hair, knowing that it comforts him when he does it especially when he's tired. He knows it'll make him sleep too.

Jisoo closes his eyes, appreciating Junghan's touch. There's always something about Junghan that gives him a sense of comfort and warmth whenever they're together with each other.

"Yeah but we don't spend time with each other like this — just you and me together. And it's not like we can do this infront of the members and fans openly. You know how they are."

The older raises his eyebrows. When did this boy become so clingy?

"Don't be stubborn. I'll be here with you tonight and tomorrow and the day after tomorrow and the day after that. I'll always be with you, you know that. Even if we're not together side by side, I'm always here. So just sleep Jisoo-ah, or I'll make you."

Jisoo smiles even though the other boy might not be able to see it in the dark. It's always nice to have Junghan with him.

"Okay. You'll be here when I wake up, right?" Jisoo asks expectantly.

"Of course." Jisoo nods.

"Hey Junghan." the said boy hums in reply.

"I love you."

"I know," the other boy squeezes his hand softly, "I love you too."

"Goodnight."

"Goodnight, see you when I open my eyes."

 

Author's Note:

Well I hope you enjoyed this short drabble that i wrote in half an hour although it's unbeta-ed. Sorry for the mistakes!