i don't like flowers.

Flower Boy

 

jungkook only went there for jimin, the boy had wept into jungkook's shoulder with such heartache that made him pity the boy. turns out, min yoongi was fine and that it wasn't something to cry over. or maybe it was, but jungkook wouldn't know about things like that. he didn't have someone special, not like red haired park jimin had blonde haired min yoongi. 

he was the most surprised to see kim namjoon in the hospital room when he and jimin turned up. turns out, namjoon was a great friend of yoongi's and have been since high school. it also turns out, that namjoon was married to a very attractive doctor called kim seokjin. yoongi was also friends with a very atractive man named jung hoseok, who brought along a very atractive boy.

his name was kim taehyung, if he remembered correctly, he was hoseok's "favourite flower boy," whatever that meant. jungkook had kept glancing at him the whole time they were in the room together. he had a really handsome face, he was around the same height as jungkook and maybe a little older. although, it was hard to tell because when he smiled he looked like a young boy. 

"i thought jimin was processing this body." namjoon said, turning up to the morgue with his partner. jungkook hardly saw detective do kyungsoo when he was processing the bodies.

detecive kyungsoo was small, but made up for his shortness by acting like the reincarnation of satan and staring people down with his famous cold hard stare. he wasn't jungkook's type, but he can hardly deny the fact that kyungsoo was a looker. 

"yoongi's out of the hospital, jimin wants to keep an eye on him. just in case something happens." namjoon nodded, titling his head to the side as jungkook cut away the wet clothes from the cold body. "we think that she may have fallen in and drowned." kyungsoo speaks up, watching as jungkook checks around the head and starts feeling the skull. 

jungkook nodded, frowning and titling the head to the side after feeling a hollow. "there's blunt force trauma to the back of the head, she may not have drowned after all." namjoon frowns, nodding his head. "i'll weigh the lungs, but she may have been dead before she hit the water." he says, watching as the detectives nod in unsion.

"we'll leave you to it, we have to go and speak to the family." kyungsoo headed for the door, namjoon lagged behind as jungkook bagged the clothes and put a blanket over her body while he prepared the tools he need. 

"listen, it's seokjin's birthday next week. we're all having some drinks at his favourite bar and i was wondering if you wanted to come. i know hoseok is taking taehyung and seokjin doesn't mind. you should come, it'll take your mind of work for once." jungkook froze and stared down at the scalpel he was holding. 

jungkook was always obsessed with getting his work done, but he didn't like people, especially living ones and those kind were going to be there. jungkook looked at the man, shrugging his shoulders. "i'll think about it," he says. namjoon nods, knowing what jungkook was like. 

"alright, make sure you do." namjoon gives jungkook a final nod, before leaving the morgue and jungkook. namjoon doubted that jungkook would agree to go, but he hoped that he would. jungkook didn't have any friends, unless you count namjoon and jimin—who jungkook thinks were forced to be around him because they needed to be. 

after putting away the body, jungkook returned to his office and started to type up the report, including all the information he had before he filled in a request form for the evidence to be taken up the lab. jimin was the one that took them up, but seeing as jimin was with his lover, it would have to be jungkook's job for today.

he could have waited for it to be picked up, but he didn't have time. he had to fill out the report for the overdose victim and send it to namjoon, before he went to see his girlfriend. well, she wasn't exactly his girlfriend, not anymore. not where she was. 

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

taehyung adjusted the flower crown he was wearing, his eyes transfixed on the flower book he was reading. it was a slow day, his college classes felt like they had gone on forever and even though he was studying things he wanted to learn about, he would rather be at the flower shop surrounded by flowers, instead of talking about flowers. 

taehyung was so focused on reading that he didn't hear the bell ring, signalling that someone had walked into the shop. "excuse me," a voice said, it was sounded sweet, but annoyed. taehyung titled his head up, his eyes widening and his jaw slacking when he saw the handsome man that stood in front of him. 

"taehyung?" jeon jungkook stared at him, his doe eyes stared down at the older boy. taehyung nodded, closing his mouth and standing up tall, adjusting the flower crown as it started to slip from his head. taehyung thought jungkook looked really beautiful, even if he was wearing a replica of what he was wearing the last time he had seen him.

"what can i get for you?" taehyung asked, trying to sound professional. jungkook shook his head, his eyes never leaving taehyung's. it made taehyung's heart thump in his chest, being stared at by an attractive man that was way out of his league—or so he thinks.

"um, can i get a bunch a white lilies?" taehyung nodded, walking away from the counter as fast as he could. he walked past jungkook, catching a whiff of his cologne that made him weak at the knees. it was mixed with the slightest hint of death, but taehyung didn't care. 

he quickly gathered the flowers, taking them back behind the counter to start wrapping them up. even though jungkook made him nervous, he still felt the need to conversate with him. "lilies are often used at funerals," taehyung started, not daring to look up at jungkook. he felt like if he did, his throat would close up because jungkook was the most attractive man he had ever seen. 

"they symbolize that the soul of the departed has recieved restored innocence after death." taehyung finally looks up at jungkook, their eyes meeting as he handes the lilies over to him. "did you know that?" taehyung asks, seconds before handing over jungkook's change and jungkook frowns with a shake of his head.

"i don't like flowers." he says, before leaving the shop and taehyung could only stare after him with his mouth wide open in shock. he was confused and a little furious, he didn't understand how someone could not like flowers

taehyung thought that everyone loved flowers, he thought that everyone should love flowers because they were given people to by god and it wasn't like he believed in god, but he loved flowers and nature and he was really, really confused by jungkook. how can someone so beautiful not like something that matched their beauty.

taehyung suddenly didn't think jungkook was so attractive anymore.

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

jungkook found himself at taehyung's flower shop a couple of days before seokjin's birthday. he now knew what hoseok meant by taehyung being his favourite flower boy. jungkook walked in the shop, his hands buried in his slacks as he weaved his way through the flowers, reaching the register where taehyung was sat with his head resting on a book about flowers. 

jungkook thought he looked adorable, he didn't want to wake him so he watched him sleep for a couple of seconds before waking him up. jungkook noticed the little freckle that taehyung had on the underside of his nose, he found it cute. jungkook felt himself smiling, watching as taehyung rubbed away the sleep from his eyes and stuck out his bottom lip because he had just been woken up. 

"hey, flower hater." taehyung grumbled, crossing his arms over his chest and staring down at the counter top. jungkook frowned, placing his hands on the table and pressing his body against the counter. "excuse me?" he asked, confused.

"you said you hated flowers, you're a flower hater." jungkook almost laughed at how ridiculous he was being, if he didn't look so adorable.

"i didn't say i hated flowers, i said i didn't like flowers." jungkook corrected him, but taehyung stared at him with a deep frown on his face.

"same thing." he said, looking away from the younger boy. jungkook's frown deepened, he suddenly wished he didn't say anything and just nodded his head at taehyung's stupid question. now, he had upset the handsome boy.

"taehyung, i'm sorry. i'm not good with people, i don't like flowers because i'm always around dead things." jungkook says, trying to cheer taehyung up, even if it meant lying. (he really did hate flowers). jungkook preferred dead things over living things. taehyung was only living thing that jungkook wanted to see alive forever.

"what did you do to the lilies?" taehyung raises an eyebrow at jungkook, waiting patiently for jungkook to answer him.

jungkook was torn between telling him a lie and telling him the truth, so he tells taehyung, "i've given them to someone who is no longer here." it wasn't a lie, he had given them to someone who is longer living. he just didn't tell taehyung who it was.

"same again?" taehyung asks, no longer pouting at jungkook and jungkook would be lying to say he didn't enjoy taehyung pouting at him like a little kid. taehyung was adorable and jungkook liked adorable things. jungkook nodded and watched as the handsome boy gathered up some white lilies.

"are you going to seokjin's party gathering thing?" jungkook doesn't know why he asked, but he couldn't stop himself once he started talking. taehyung only answered him when he returned to the register. 

"i'm going with hoseok." he says. jungkook wonders if he and hoseok were dating, but he didn't dare ask. not yet, anyway. instead, he nods his head and decides that maybe he would go. not to see taehyung, though. to make namjoon happy, and well, maybe to see taehyung. 

"i'll see you there, then." jungkook says, handing taehyung the money. taehyung stares at him, the corners of his mouth twitching as he asks, "are you going?" 

"namjoon-hyung invited me." jungkook waves goodbye to taehyung before turning and exiting the store. he didn't know what it was about taehyung, but he got a funny feeling whenever he was around and it wasn't a feeling that jungkook liked.

he didn't like it because it was the same feeling he got around his, currently, deceased girlfriend. jungkook knew he was in trouble, that he should distance himself from the flower boy, but he didn't feel like he had enough strength to do so.