Friends, boyfriends and everything in between

Hate vs. Love

[A/N]

LESSSOOOOON time :3

Yujacha(yuja + tea) is a korean herbal tea made from the citrus fruit yuja(actually called yuzi in it's country of origin; Japan). It is used against for example common colds. The most common way of making yujacha is from yujacheong because many koreans store that in their homes. Yujacheong is washed and dried yujas that you cut in thin, thin slices and then layer in a jar together with sugar or honey. All of the info I just stated is what I read on the wikipedia article I linked. In no way am I a tea pro, hence before I started writing this chapter I had no idea what yujacha even was. You learn something new every day! Now... onto the story!

_______

 

Minseok felt someone shaking him awake, and he groaned loudly. His head was aching and he felt hot and sweaty. When he opened his eyes it wasn't too bright, which he was thankful for. His eyes didn't sting, but they did feel very dry. Just like his throat. He looked for a person, whoever had woken him up, but it took his eyes a while to get used to the darkness, and before that the person already started talking. It's his sister's voice, and he hated to admit to himself that it disappointed him, that he'd rather see Luhan.

 

"I'm sorry I'm waking you up, but it seemed like you were having a nightmare or something. Plus you really need to drink something and take some more pills." she said, tiredly yet worriedly, and when Minseok could see clearly again two pills and a straw were gently shoved in his face. He sat up, swallowed the pills and drank until the glass was empty, at first to make Minsuh happy but then he realized how thirsty he actually was.

 

"How are you feeling?" the girl asked.

 

"Better. But I'm so hot." he complained. "And don't you dare make a joke about that." he warned, getting his sister to giggle.

 

"How'd you know I was going to? Anyways, that's good. It means the fever's going down. Let's check it" she smiled slightly and gave her brother the thermometer so that he could place it in his mouth. They quietly waited for a short minute, and then looked at the numbers. It showed 37.8ºC(roughly 100ºF).

 

"That's so great! You know you were at 40 a few hours ago right? Luhan will be so relieved. Now keep it down there okay?"

 

"Where is he?" came the only answer. It's the only thing that mattered out of what Minsuh had just told him.

 

"He's making you tea."

 

"In the kitchen?" Minseok asked but realized how stupid of a question that was the moment he said it. So he continued: "Can you go get him?"

 

"Sure, but put a shirt on. It'll be....easier for Luhan." she said, confusedly shaking her head at her own words. Minseok looked down at his body, he didn't realize he was half .

 

"But I'm so hot!" he protested.

 

"Yeah, that's sort of the problem." his sister hinted. Suddenly Minseok widened his eyes. Had Luhan seen him shirtless?! He felt his whole face going red and he panicked internally. Minsuh went to get him a black and fresh, thin but covering tanktop and it didn't even take him two seconds to put it on. Die from overheating or die from the incredible embarrassment that was Luhan seeing him shirtless; Minseok would choose to overheat every day of the week. He closed his eyes and took some deep breaths.

 

"I read somewhere that yujacha would help against colds and such." he heard a voice say. He opened his eyes and  looked at the boy who was carrying a cup with him. "You had some yujacheong so I made some tea but I see you're much better so maybe you don't even need it. Wait what if you don't even like it?! I should've asked... Wha- "

 

"Luhan." Minseok cut him off softly, immediately shutting him up. "Thank you." he uttered sincerely and smiled at the younger boy, who stood still for a while looking taken aback, but then walked towards the sofa and handed the cup to the sick man. Minseok took it, ignored the uncomfortable heat of it, and put it to his lips, carefully tasting the tea. It wasn't the best tea he had ever tasted, but it soothed his throat. He took another sip as Luhan watched him, and somewhere in the silence Minsuh walked out of the room.

 

"I'm sorry." came a whisper from Minseok's mouth.

 

"What?"

 

"First of all for getting so sick, I didn't want to trouble you, you didn't have to help me, you didn't have to make me this tea. Especially since I was so unfair to you earlier... I'm sorry for that as well."

 

Luhan shook his head.

 

"Idiot, are you really apologizing for being sick? As if you chose to be? And don't even worry about earlier. I'm a forgiving person." he smiled, sending warm slightly electric feelings through Minseok's body.

 

"Thank you."

 

"Why are you so soft all of a sudden? Didn't you like hate me or something?" Luhan half joked, but Minseok knew the confusion was real, so he felt the sadness flow through his heart, almost sending tears out, but only almost. Memories of his dream were running around inside of his head, and he felt it oddly easy to apply them to his real life situation.

 

"I don't hate you." he whispered, seeking Luhan's eyes with his own. The younger boy met his gaze.

 

"How can you not? How can you forgive what I did?"

 

Minseok thought for a second about what his answer would be. He sipped from the tea and took a deep breath.

 

"Sure, I was mad because of what you did to my sister, it was unfair, but as long as you get her to forgive you for that, I don't care anymore. It's for her I was mad about that, so when she's not upset about it I won't be. But I held a grudge because... I wasn't as mad at you, as I was at myself, I guess. Because of my feelings for you, I was really angry. It hurt when you left, and I hated myself for hurting. I felt so stupid, I was such an idiot, I spent years hating that part of me, slowly working on hiding that part of me for forever. It was all for nothing though, because as soon as you came back I had to rapidly realize how much I actually... ached for you..."

 

He took a pause, starting to blush deeply because of all the times he had to admit what he felt for the boy that stood in front of him. Then he gulped his shame down and continued:

 

"I guess I have to adapt, I have to learn to accept this part of me. I don't know if I've managed to come anywhere close succeeding on that yet, but I've at least realized that I certainly do not hate you, not as for now. The reason for me being unfair and cold against you is that you remind me of this side of me, obviously, and maybe that you left, too, but I do know you did what you felt you had to do. It's not right of me to act like that, I know that, and I promise to try to keep from it."

 

Minseok finished his small speech and carefully looked up at Luhan's face to see the reaction. The beautiful boy was sporting a pair of wide eyes on a face deep in focus and thought. It took a while but then he nodded slowly, sitting down next to the sick boy. They stared into each other's eyes for a moment.

 

"You know what?" Luhan mumbled, getting a short shake of the head no from Minseok. So he opened his mouth again, almost whispering his words out.

 

"I think you're really incredible." he admitted, voice full of honesty. Immediately Minseok shook his head, puffing a tiny breath meaning 'yeah right', but Luhan kept still, his eyes insisting it to be the truth. He explained himself:

 

"I really do think so. You're able to figure yourself out and know what the right thing would be, in only a few days. I have no idea what to do about my own feelings, it's all such a big mess, and I admire you for figuring things out alot already."

 

"Thank you," the elder uttered. "But I've not gotten anything figured out. Trust me, I'm just as lost as you are."

 

Luhan carefully stretched out his hand as if to touch Minseok's hand with it, but stopped midair for a second, in doubt. Minseok stared at the pale long fingers reaching out, until they finally moved the last bit. Luhan had decided to go for it, and he slowly put his hand, palm down, on Minseok's open one that laid on the sick boy's knee. The younger placed his fingers carefully, as if finishing a complex jigsaw, knowing exactly how to. He smiled slightly when he was done, and Minseok looked up, returning the smile feeling as if their hands were made to be holding eachother.

 

"We're in this together." Luhan said, looking straight into Minseok's eyes and squeezing his hand softly. Minseok felt dizzy, his face felt even hotter than before and he forgot how to talk. His heart set off into an unnatural speed, but it was all positive sensations. He felt wonderful, magically euphoric. And he heard what Luhan said, he heard those words being said with that soft beautiful voice, and he fully agreed with them. They gave him the biggest feeling of connection, he felt like he was truly one with Luhan from this second. From this second they began their own little story, and it was started by their hands getting linked together. This moment was only theirs, and Minseok loved it, he knew he really did. He was able to admit it to himself without any shame.

- - - - - - - - -

"Jongdae, please, I don't want you to be mad at him anymore" Minseok begged, sporting a pout that anyone would have fallen for instantly, if they didn't know it was a trick. Jongdae sure knew.

 

About two weeks had gone by since Minseok crawled back into life from his flu, and the two best friends were at their favourite café, taking a break from their day of shopping, well, walking-around-the-mall-longingly-looking-at-stuff-that-was-way-too-expensive-for-them, but they really preferred calling it shopping. If they didn't get anything from the stores, at least they got to hang out. Today though, Minseok had actually bought something - but it wasn't for himself. It was a gift for Luhan, since his birthday was the nearest Tuesday. Jongdae was being upset about it because he'd been told by his best friend that he should buy Luhan a little something, too.

 

"It's not like I'm going to be mean to him, but hell no I'm not giving him anything worth my precious money. I don't care if it's his birthday or not!" he protested, scoffing childishly. Minseok sighed.

 

"Fine. Be a ." he commented, maybe a bit too harsh, before taking a sip from his coffee. Jongdae gasped slightly overdramatically.

 

"Excuse me?"

 

"Nope, you're not excused." Minseok shot back nonchalantly, smirking a bit, indicating that he wasn't being serious with the rudeness.

 

Jongdae rolled his eyes but the corners of his lips pulled to make him smile back. Then he put on a serious face again.

 

"I'm sorry, it's just too early. I'll come around though, don't worry about it. Besides, I am coming to the party! Unless it's not as disastrous as last time..." he rambled, winking playingly. Minseok laughed a little at the words. Minsuh's party had really been a mess... He felt half guilty, but it was in the past, and there was nothing he could do.

 

"Thank you" came the reply to the ramble, and they smiled at eachother, knowing that their friendship was still strong and healthy. It felt great, Minseok loved the support Jongdae was giving right now and he wished he knew how to return it.

 

"So have you talked to the drunk lovers lately?" Jongdae asked.

 

"No, not really. You?"

 

"Well Jongin called me for advice, but I didn't have any. Seriously, I'm questioning his intelligence big time when he calls ME about relationships and stuff." the trollfaced boy said, tsking. Minseok laughed. Since Jongdae's last relationship was in highschool - and lasted five days - he was indeed not the right person to call for that kind of advice. It's not that there was anything wrong with Jongdae's level of attractiveness, but many people were repulsed by his loud pitch and his quirks. Though Minseok just thought it made him hilarious and unique, not many could see that.

 

"That's funny. Also, I don't think many relationship advices apply on Kyungsoo. He's too... Kyungsoo" he added.

 

"I hope that man loses his pride and starts realizing how in love he is, no matter how much alcohol is in his body."

 

"Yeah me too. Well, should we get going?"

 

The younger friend nodded and they got up and out. They didn't feel like doing more of this so called shopping, so they just headed back home, using Minseok's small blue car.  Jongdae wasn't dropped off anywhere, since the natural was that he came home with Minseok to spend the evening together at the latter's home, watching movies, playing games, and what not. So they both arrived at the building, parked the car and went up the stairs to the apartment door.

 

"We're home!" Minseok called out, not really getting an answer, but that's normal. The boys took their shoes off and walked in, seeing the sofa and what was on it. Minseok groaned, he did not wish to see that.

 

Lying face up in the sofa was Baekhyun, well that's at least what Minseok hoped, he wasn't able to see the face. The reason for that was Chanyeol's head leaning down over Baekhyun's neck. Little sloppy sounds could be heard as confirmation that Chanyeol was and kissing away, probably leaving marks on the smaller boy's neck. One sound drowned out all the other though, and it made Minseok cringe more than he had ever done before. It was only to be identified as a moan, escaping from deep down Baekhyun's throat, echoing inside of Minseok's head.

 

Suddenly a wolf whistle could be heard, probably from Jongdae, and it made the people in the sofa freeze completely. Minseok realized they probably didn't even hear them before, being so extremely busy with eachother. Baekhyun pushed the taller boy off of him and sat up, straightening his shirt out. Chanyeol didn't even have a shirt on, and there was no sign of him putting it back on. The giant just smiled happily, waving to Minseok and Jongdae.

 

"Hi, you're early" he commented.

 

"Yes, and I'm so glad to be. Get your own couch if you're going to be doing that" Minseok scolded, shivering at the thought of those lovers finishing what they were about to do, in his couch. "Why are you even here?" he asked, not caring about how rude it sounded, before going into his room to hide what he had bought for Luhan.

 

"I'm sorry Baekhyun, he's suffering from ual abstinence." Jongdae could be heard, explaining to Baekhyun why the owner of the apartment was not having this. The latter walked, nearly ran, back out, angry because whether what his friend was saying was true or not, it was not something you confess to someone you've met only a few times.

 

"What gives you the right to even say that? You don't have anyone to get it on with either" Minseok snapped, being very childish. Jongdae only laughed.

 

"My dear friend, I don't tell you everything.." he smirked mysteriously.

 

"Oh..?" Minseok said, raising his eyebrows questioningly. He wasn't going to yell it out, but he felt kind of betrayed in a way.

 

"Yeah."

 

"So...? You've got someone? Oh my god is it someone I know?"

 

"Maybe. I wouldn't tell you about it anyways." the troll teased. Chanyeol was laughing so hard by now, leaving a very confused Baekhyun who probably wondered if this little argumentation was serious or not.

 

"But I'm your best friend!" Minseok protested.

 

"Still not worthy of hearing about my life"

 

""

 

"Actually, not yet, so far we've just done some lighter stuff but-"

 

Jongdae couldn't finish that sentence because Minseok's hands were covering his mouth. The older one's eyes were wide, and in the background Chanyeol could be heard choking from laughter. Suddenly Minseok felt something rough and warm liquify his palms and he squealed, jerking his hands back.

 

"You me!" he stated in complete disgust as he proceeded to wipe the saliva off of his hands on Jongdae's shirt.

 

"Yeah, suit yourself. Anyhow, it's weird how you seemed so eager to know about this but then you couldn't stand hearing it."

 

"You idiot, I just want to know who it is, not what you do, oh my god my poor ears"

 

"What is even happening?" Baekhyun whispered to his tall lover who was busy calming down from laughing.

"If you must know, I'm not exactly with someone. He's just a friend. Until last weekend. I don't think friends do that kind of stuff. So now I don't know where we're at." Jongdae shrugged, seeming more careless than he actually was about this, Minseok could read his best friend perfectly and he saw the nervous insecurity and confusion.

"Do you feel anything for him?" he asked.

"I don't know, I absolutely didn't think so but the mood changed so suddenly that day I'm not sure anymore. But can we please not talk about this in this exact moment?" Jongdae was being serious, so Minseok let him off with one last qurestion.

"Do I know him?"

"No, his name is Zhang Yixing. He's chinese and moved here very recently."

"Oh, okay. We'll continue this another time. Now" the older boy said and faced the boys on the couch. "Did you two just come here to eat eachother up or what?"

Baekhyun blushed a little and let Chanyeol speak for them both.

"Actually we came here to tell you about how he's my boyfriend now, which I guess you already figured out. Your sister let us in but had to go somehwere so we've been stuck here alone for an hour. We got bored."

"Okay fine, but next time have some respect towards my furniture, please. Also, yes we figured, and we figured before we walked in on you, because you were pretty obvious from the first moment you looked at eachother. But congratulations, I guess"

"Thank you" Chanyeol snickered. "Also, we weren't official until yesterday."

No one had time to reply, because suddenly the doorbell rang. When Minseok opened it, Jongin stood there. His cheeks were wet, but so was the rest of his body. Minseok noticed to his surprise that it was suddenly pouring down like hell out there. Something told him the wetness on Jongin's cheeks weren't from the rain though, due to the younger boy's bloodshot eyes.

"Woah! What's the matter?" the shorter boy asked and pulled Jongin inside, feeling the body stumble in lifelessly, as if it was a ragdoll. There was no reply for a while, the wet boy just let himself be sat down on the couch and get a towel wrapped around him. Everyone stared at him in silence, waiting for an explanation.

"Is it Kyungsoo?" came the question, from Chanyeol. It wasn't roughly said, rather a careful whisper, but it looked like it had shot Jongin right through his big heart. He started to cry, really hard, immediately getting wrapped up in a hug by the tall giant who was his closest friend among them all. The sight was hopeless, and the cries were so heartbreaking that Minseok felt like crying himself. Then he felt angry; what the hell had Kyungsoo done?! Since it didn't look like they'd be getting an answer out of Jongin for a while, he left the crying mess for the others to take care of, and went out of the house, already dialing the number. As he waited for him to pick up, he saw his sister coming back from wherever she had been, but he ignored her, walking straight past her, determined to find Kyungsoo.

The signals went through, one after the other, and  it was starting to seriously annoy him. It took minutes before someone finally picked up, and when they did, they didn't say anything.

"Hello? Kyungsoo is that you? You better tell me where the hell you are." Minseok growled. Someone sniffled on the other line, before answering with a raspy voice, managing to crack his voice in only two words.

"His house."

Then he hung up. Minseok felt a tiny bit of relief, as Jongin didn't live far from there at all. The boy ran and it took him only five minutes to reach the front door he was heading to. There, he stood still for a moment, catching his breath. He wanted to be able to talk when he faced his friend. Then he went in, without knocking, because he knew that Jongin's parents weren't home this week, and the only one in there was Kyungsoo, who was waiting for him.

"Hello?" He yelled, getting no answer. The house wasn't big though, and he searched around, successfully finding a man in the kitchen. The body was small, and looked fragile. It was sitting on the floor, back against a cabinet. The wide eyes were staring into the wall on the other side of the room, and the gaze of them showed that the man wasn't really present. He was there, physically but not mentally. He looked empty, numb, but at the same full of emotions, heartbroken. Every part of Minseok that earlier wanted to yell at Kyungsoo disappeared. He couldn't yell at someone who looked this teared apart - that'd be heartless. So he squatted down next to his friend and gently grabbed his shoulder.

"Kyungsoo." he said, firm but softly, searching for the boy's attention. Kyungsoo blinked his doe eyes and turned his head a tiny bit, glancing at his friend to confirm he was recognizing his presence. When his gaze locked with Minseok's, the latter felt like tearing up. The deep eyes of Kyungsoo were flowing with hurt and sadness.

"Do you want to tell me what happened?" he asked, very concerned. Kyungsoo looked down at his own knees and kept quiet for a while.

"I hate myself." he whispered after a while. It was the thinnest and lowest whisper ever spoken by the man, but Minseok heard. He heard the words, how sincerely they were spoken, as if it was the most obvious thing ever to Kyungsoo. It broke the older boy's heart to hear this, and he shook his head.

"No, you can't do that. Why would you hate yourself?"

Kyungsoo chuckled dryly, as if the question was the most stupid one he'd ever heard.

"Because I'm a monster, Minseok. I hurt people, people I love. Why? I don't know. I don't want to hurt them. Yet I always do. I know why you're here - Jongin came to you, crying. Right? Because I hurt him. He hates me, and he has the right. I hate myself too, so so so much!!"

The words started out as emotionless and matter-of-factly, but in the end the poor boy was screaming his agony out, starting to bang his head back against the cabinet. Tears started to spill, angry tears, hopeless tears, running down the plum cheeks. He was crying quietly, but his yell echoed inside Minseok's head, mixing together with the sounds of the bangs. His thoughts were a mess. He felt guilty and heartbroken, because he'd never seen this coming. He never knew Kyungsoo felt this way, ever. He felt like a ty friend, but at the same time he knew that right now he couldn't bring that up, he had to take care of Kyungsoo, help him out of this misery. So he carefully put his hand behind Kyungsoo's head, wincing at the pain when it came banging against his hand making his knuckles slam hard against the wooden cabinet door. But it made Kyungsoo stop, and Minseok looked him straight in the eyes.

"I don't know what happened. I don't know how you supposedly hurt Jongin, but I can tell you one thing for sure: Jongin does not hate you. There is no risk of that ever happening. Jongin has feelings for you, and it's as obvious as you having feelings for him. If he did whatever you just did, to you, would you hate him?" The younger boy doubted for a second but then shook his head. "Exactly. He can't hate you. And that's good. He shouldn't hate you, he should give you another chance, because you deserve it. You know you want it. But before asking Jongin about another chance, you have to give yourself another chance. You can't hate yourself, Kyungsoo. You don't deserve that. You deserve another chance, so give it to yourself."

The doe-eyed man just stared at his friend. He looked like Minseok had just asked him to fly around the planet twice in two seconds.

"I don't know if I can do that." he mumbled weakly.

"Can you try?" To this Kyungsoo nodded, getting a big smile from his friend.

"Good, that's all I ask. Now, I will gladly help you to fix whatever you did to Jongin today, if you tell me what exactly you did. You know I won't shame you or scold you, I just want to listen, and help. It's okay to tell me."

"Fine, I'll tell you. But can we like... get the hell out of this house?"

Minseok chuckled a little before nodding and standing back up, taking Kyungsoo's hand pulling him up easily. The younger boy dried his tears and cracked his back a little, before following his friend out. They decided to take a slow walk back to Minseok's home to face the others. It scared Kyungsoo when he thought about it, but Minseok promised he would help him. So keeping his own promise, Kyungsoo started to tell his older friend about what had just happened between him and Jongin.

He spoke with a calm voice, not letting any extreme emotions slip through this time.

(memory)

Kyungsoo knocked on the door. He regretted even agreeing when Jongin asked him to come over - he didn't want to face that man yet. He didn't know how to face him. But he had to, and he had his way of handling it.

When the door opened he walked straight in, ignoring the smile Jongin sported because his guest actually showed up.

"What do you want?" the older boy asked rudely. It wasn't that he was trying to be rude, he just tried to make sure Jongin didn't see his true feelings.

"I want to talk, I already told you that." the taller one responded, rolling his eyes.

"So talk already, I don't have all day."

"Okay, listen. I'm honestly tired of you being like this. You're acting like a five year old and it's so freaking immature. You know what happened that night, you have no right to ignore it, because it was real. It happened. Period. You're also pretending as if I don't even exist - well guess what, I do. In case you hadn't noticed, you are in my house, looking at me. If you don't appreciate that, then fine. Tell me. Tell me to get out of your face, to ignore you back, sure, let's just stop being friends. But that's bull, ing bull. That would be the move of a coward. We have feelings for eachother and if you could just realize it, maybe we could take care of it in a happy healthy way. Instead you're being like this, and it's so annoying, wake up already! You won't achieve anything by shutting me out, by shutting my feelings out, by shutting your feelings out."

Jongin paused, breathing heavily, waiting for an answer. Kyungsoo wasn't late delivering one, angrily spitting it out in the taller boy's face.

"Don't speak as if you know everything. You ing don't. I was drunk, and I don't know about you, but that night was nothing. It meant nothing, we were just two drunk idiots clinging to eachother like god damn leeches. And look at you, still being a leech. If anyone, you need to wake the hell up!"

Kyungsoo didn't mean what he said. It was all a pile of dumb lies, but on the other hand, he was a good liar. He didn't know why he said all that, he was full with angry adrenaline, and afraid of showing his true self.

Jongin looked as if he'd been punched, no, stabbed in the stomach repeatedly. His eyes were wide, filling up with tears, and Kyungsoo made the mistake of looking into them. It made him realize what a ed up thing he had just done. He reached out a hand, hesitantly, not daring to breath.

"I'm sorry, I-" But Jongin cut him off, backing away, weakly reaching the front door.

"No. Don't." he wheezed before running. Out the door, up the road. Kyungsoo stared at him until he disappeared. Then, Kyngsoo closed the door, and stared at that for a while. Then, he exploded. He screamed out his pain, his regrets, and he ran around the house for no particular reason. Maybe he was searching for something, maybe he was just going crazy. He reached the kitchen, the last room to check, and there he just sunk down in a pool of his own misery. He sat rested against the cabinet until he stopped crying, until there was nothing but emptiness inside of him. Shortly after that, Minseok called him.

(end of memory)

Minseok didn't say anything for a while. He was shocked from hearing this, desperately thinking of an answer, some advice, something that would help.

"So you told him that night meant nothing to you?" he asked for confirmation, getting a short shameful nod.

"It was a lie though." Kyungsoo whispered.

"Priority one is absolutely telling him that it was" the older friend decided.

"How do I do that?"

"I don't know. You have to approach him, talk to him. Tonight."

"I'm scared" the doe-eyed man confessed.

"I know, but it's okay. We're all here for you, okay?" Minseok smiled slightly, putting his arm behind the other's neck, squeezing the shoulder gently before letting go again. Kyungsoo nodded once more.

"Thank you so much" he whispered with a sincere voice.

They were getting close to Minseok's apartment, and soon they were there.

"You ready?" the older one asked. Kyungsoo took a deep breath, bitingdown on his plum bottom lip.

"Yeah." he answered, voice shaky. They entered the apartment, meeting Minsuh in the hallway.

"Sis, get the others inside another room, these two need some time alone."

The girl nodded, and when Minseok was sure that everyone was out of the living room, he led his friend in, leaving them alone there, entering his bedroom where he thought everyone was, based on the noise. He was right, and so he closed the door after himself.

"We're gonna have to stay in here for a while..." he informed the others. "Please refrain from PDA" he then muttered, eyeing Chanyeol and Baekhyun, leaving Jongdae laughing and Minsuh confused.

♦♦♦

A careful knock on the door had Chanyeol and Minsuh both yelling "Finally" at the top of their lungs. They were obviously not amused by Minseok, Jongdae and Baekhyun gossiping half about Luhan, half about Kyungsoo and Jongin.

Chanyeol opened the door, and the relief that Minseok felt in his whole body was huge. Kyungsoo and Jongin was standing there, looking tired and worn out, but happy. Kyungsoo's arm was around Jongin's waist, and the latter whispered his only greeting:

"He kissed me."

The shorter one of them lightly slapped Jongin's head for the confession, but then smiled widely with a clear blush spreading over his cheeks.

"He forgave me." he added to the news, and Jongin shrugged a little as if to say 'duhh, why would I not'. Chanyeol and Jongdae applaused loudly, cheering and even whistling, Baekhyun clapped his hands in excitement for them and Minsuh smiled, probably happy for them as well. Minseok couldn't even describe how glad he was, hearing these news. He went over and hugged first Jongin, and then Kyungsoo, tight tight. When his lips were right by the latter one's ear, he whispered:

"I told you he would give you another chance. Don't forget to give yourself one as well."

They smiled at eachother, and there was new confidence and ambition in Kyungsoo's eyes.

"I love happy endings" Baekhyun sighed, getting a kiss on the temple by his boyfriend, and a joking "eww" from Jongdae.

"This isn't a happy ending. It's a happy beginning." Jongin smiled back, eyes full of joy.

"How about we celebrate this with me making us all a yummy meal?" Minseok suggested.

"Please let Kyungsoo do it instead" Chanyeol begged, making the older boy shoot daggers with his eyes.

"I can cook well!"

"Not as well." Jongdae agreed with Chanyeol, and Baekhyun had the nerve to nod.

"You haven't even tasted my food!!" Minseok protested at the puppy-faced man, who smiled a little.

"Whatever Chanyeol thinks is probably true. Sorryy"

"I hate you guys."

"I love you guys!" Kyungsoo suddenly said before heading to the kitchen, already preparing a meal. Minsuh went to set the table, and soon they were all around it, eating delicious food. Minseok had to admit that this was better than anything he could've made himself, and then they all had a fun time.

But Minseok wasn't fully satisfied. He felt like he was missing something. Or someone. And as the evening went on, as the guests went home one after the other, that feeling started to get a face.

Minseok was missing Luhan. He was missing him a lot. So much that when he fell asleep that night, the last thing he thought of was that beautiful chinese golden-haired sassy wonderful human being.

-

[EDITED!]