Jealous Maknae

Jealous Maknae

Jungkook wasn't jealous. So what if Jimin was being extra affectionate to Taehyung today (95 line bromance is a bond best not messed with), and not paying any attention to the youngest. Jungkook enjoyed the unusual peace, craved the silence he always longed for. He wasn't jealous. Nope.

 

And if anybody asks why Jungkook keeps glaring at the tanned male, he will say "the sun's in my eyes". Slightly unbelievable considering they're inside the dorm.

 

 

//// 

 

 

Bangtan finally have a day off after promoting 'Dope', a rare luxury they cherish every few months. But that's the price they pay to be idols, trying to make themselves known to the world. 

 

Each person has their own 'Day Off' ritual. Namjoon starts working on his new mixtape, Jin practices new recipes and uses Taehyung as his guinea pig, Hobi practices new choreo with Jimin that they can share with the dance instructor, and Yoongi.. Well. Yoongi is just lazy, spending the whole day in the confinements of his dark room sleeping soundly. It's the one day where the pale man isn't productive, isn't expected to be productive, so Jungkook can't judge him too much (but he still judges him a bit). 

 

Jungkook doesn't have any kind of routine. He usually spends the day trying to get away from Jimin's advances, maybe watch a movie or two in his room (unfortunately, the older male demands to lie next to him, much to Jungkook's annoyance).

 

Today is different though.

 

Namjoon isn't in the studio but instead cleaning the kitchen, Jin is showering which leaves the 95 line together playing video games while sitting comfortably on the living room floor (Jungkook doesn't know why Jimin didn't sit next to him on the couch, there was more than enough room for both of them. Especially without Tae). Hoseok is cleaning his side of the room for once, complaining about the mess the younger males left. 

 

The biggest surprise was Yoongi. The older male voluntarily dragged himself out of his bat cave to watch the two losers battle it out in Mario Kart, mumbling that he's too hot to sleep and immediately plomping down on the recliner.

 

After 2 hours of non-stop Mario Kart, Jungkook decides he hates the game. He doesn't mind the characters or the actual gameplay itself to be honest, he just hates how Jimin hasn't looked at him once since the game begun. 

 

The youngest was fidgeting on the couch, leg bouncing up and down. He was quickly becoming agitated at Tae. The brunet male was constantly touching Jimin; brush of their legs, shove into the shoulder when the game got competitive, even a kiss on the cheek when the older male won three times in a row.

 

'I should be happy' Jungkook thinks irritably, gritting his teeth, 'he's keeping Jimin away from me'.

 

The maknae could deal with Taehyung kissing Jimin's cheek, even after the seventh time. However, there was a sharp pain in his chest when Jimin gives an exaggerated one back to his best friend, hands thrown around his neck and both males giggling loudly. 'Must be a heartburn' Jungkook huffs unconvincingly.

 

Jungkook swiftly stands up, storms into his bedroom and swings the door shut harshly. He rubs his chest hoping to ease some of the ache, willing it to heal itself. After a few deep breaths, the youngest heard a tentative knock on his door followed by a soft "Kookie-ah? Are you okay?" being spoken. 

 

"I'm fine." the stubborn male says curtly. He honestly doesn't know why he's suddenly so mad at Jimin, so hurt by the older male when he got the space he always wanted. But Jungkook has been ignored the whole day by Jimin and to be honest, he felt very lonely. 

 

"What's wrong Jungkookie? Come on, let hyung in" Jimin speaks gently, trying to coax the youngest out of his sudden mood swing. The tanned male doesn't know what caused Jungkook to silently lash out (maybe it was just teenage rebellion?), but he wanted to make him feel better so he can enjoy his day off.

 

"You're not a hyung Jimin, you look like you're barely legal! Tae is more of a hyung than you are! I even look like more of a hyung than you!" Jungkook scoffs, instantly regretting his words when he hears a quiet whimper through the door, hurt echoing in his voice.

 

He's too much of an impulsive teenager for his own good. Jimin quickly walks away from the door, footsteps fading until Jungkook is in complete silence. 

 

'Just like I wanted', Jungkook thinks guiltily. 

 

////

 

Jungkook spends the rest of the day in his room. He tries to watch a movie that he's been excited to see but his mind keeps trailing back to the red haired male. It's not the same watching a movie without Jimin sprawled next to him, trying to cuddle into the maknae. 

 

Jin knocks on Jungkook's door telling him that dinner is ready. Dinner means Bangtan together which means Jimin will be there which means Jungkook is ed. He heaves a sigh before he stumbles out of his room and into the kitchen. 

 

Everybody is already starting to eat, inhaling their food without so much as a breath being taken. Jungkook notices that the chair Jimin usually reserves next to him for the youngest is currently being occupied by a 4D alien. 

 

Jungkook glares at Tae before hesitantly sitting next to Namjoon, the leader not expecting it (although he should of because it's the only ing seat left, Jungkook thinks bitterly).

 

Dinner was torturous. The maknae felt alone and for once, he actually craved Jimin's attention. He wanted the other to cuddle him and tell him that 'it's okay, hyung knows you didn't mean it.' 

 

Jungkook tries to sneak glances at Jimin but quickly realises that older is purposefully ignoring him, choosing to lean slightly more towards Taehyung. That hurt a lot more than the peck he gave Tae did. 

 

The maknae scowls at the giggles he can hear from the 95 line, teasing words being passed between the pair. He pushes his rice around his place, appetite long gone. Jin questions if he's okay, concern for the maknae lacing his voice, to which Jungkook mutters back 'I'm fine, hyung. Just not hungry." before briskly walking back to his bedroom. 

 

 

//// 

 

It was currently 1 in the morning and Jungkook has been trying to sleep for the last hour but with no luck. He twists and turns, wrapping the sheet tightly around him only to shove them off his hot body shortly after. Yoongi hyung was right, it's too ing hot. 

 

The maknae muses the idea of sneaking into Jimin's bed, have his hyung's cold body cuddle against his to cool him down. He quickly deflates when he realises Jimin is probably still mad at him. 

 

After another 15 minutes of tossing and turning, Jungkook gives up on sleep. The youngest knows that he'd sleep better next to Jimin but he doesn't know if his pride will let him apologize. After a few minutes argument with himself, he reluctantly flings the blankets on the floor and storms out of his room. He walks to Tae's, Hobi's and Jimin's room and silently tries to open the door. 

 

He sees three lumps in three separate beds sleeping peacefully. He quietly sneaks over to Jimin's bed and looks at the older. Jimin looks almost angelic with his hair falling like a waterfall across his face, long lashes caressing his cheeks and pouty lips open slightly. The sight brings a small smile to Jungkook's lips.

 

'He really is pretty', Jungkook thinks admiringly.  

 

Jungkook softly shakes Jimin awake. The older male stirs, eyes opening slightly. "Kookie? What are you doing?" he questions, voice thick with sleep.

 

If it was any other situation, Jungkook would be swooning over his hyung's raspy voice. The deep vibration spreading a warm fire throughout Jungkook. However, he's here to just sleep and get Jimin to talk to him again.

 

"I cant sleep, hyung. Can I sleep here with you?" the maknae pleaded, puppy eyes on full blast. 

 

"Oh so now i'm hyung? I'm only ever hyung to you when it's convenient Jungkook." he remarks irritably, harshly turning to face the wall.

 

"Hyung.. I didn't mean it. You know that, right? Jimin Hyung?" Jungkook pleads shaking the older's shoulder, desperate for Jimin to understand where he was coming from.

 

"Go back to your room, Jungkook." Jimin replies icily, curling the blankets tighter around his body.

 

Jungkook would be lying if he said that didnt hurt. The clear rejection and humiliation burned within the maknae like a furnace but he was determined. He was determined to get his Jimin hyung back, to treat him better than he did before.

 

"No, I wanna sleep in here with you" Jungkook says sheepishly. "Please let me stay, Jiminnie." 

 

The nickname tugged at Jimin's heart, melting away the anger. He carefully turned towards the maknae, seeing a pout form on the younger's lips. Jimin could see the hurt in Jungkook's eyes, he knows that the youngest feels sorry for what he did but he's not good with words.

 

"I'm sorry I was jealous of Tae" Jungkook whispers softly, almost inaudible. His doe-eyes were gleaming, uncertainty and unshed tears shining through them.

 

Jimin's always had a soft spot for Jungkook, letting him get away with things most maknae's didn't, so he slowly lifted the blankets and offers the youngest a small smile. 

 

Jungkook grins happily, using his sleeve to wipe his eyes ('Seriously' Jimin muses 'he really does look like a cute bunny'), and quickly climbs under the duvet, body automatically curling around the older's. Jimin's cold body causes him to shiver and snuggle in deeper, arms clutching the tanned male's sleep shirt, a leg thrown over his waist and his head perfectly tucked under Jimin's neck. Jimin's smell was intoxicating and the maknae could feel himself slowly succumb to sleep.

 

"I'm sorry I was a jealous brat today" Jungkook whispers sleepily.

 

"You're always a brat" Jimin states cheekily and earns a thump from the younger, "but you're my brat. Now go to sleep Kookie".

 

" 'Kay hyung." Jungkook replies tenderly, eyes heavy. He places a small kiss on his Jimin's neck, murmuring a quiet "Night Jimin hyung" before he immediately falls into a peaceful sleep.