First Day of School

Blossom (Jung HoSeok Fanfic)

"Hey! Kimberly! Joseph is throwing a party tonight. Wanna go?" Jailene asks me.

"I don't know." I say

"Oh, come on. I know you've been eyeballing Joseph ever since he moved into our math class. I see you." She laughs. I laugh as well and accept.

"Okay. Let's go to a party." I say.

"Good. I know you're moving to Korea next week, so we can use this as a goodbye party. Everyone else is going to be there, too." she says.

***

"Hey. You're Kimberly right?" Joseph asks me. I nod and he hands me a drink. I accept it and we both drink together.

"Jailene mentioned me?" I ask him. He chuckles and nods his head.

"And I should've believed her when she said you were pretty." he says. I smile a little and blush. I...I mean we...both continue to drink more.

We both drank and spoke to each other the whole party. He was actually very hilarious. I knew he was funny, but I didn't think he would be that funny.

A couple of minutes later, he made a move on me. He put his cup down on the ground and pulled me close to him. He leaned down and we started making out. My arms were wrapped around his neck and he held my waist very close to his. He then lifted me up against the wall, and we continued making out.

I felt him pull me away from the wall. I felt him start to walk. I didn't care at the moment where he was taking me.

We ended up in a bedroom, and I heard him lock the door.  He laid me down gently onto the bed and crawled over me. He started kissing all over my neck and even ed my shorts. Right there, I tried to stop what we were doing.

I grabbed his hands and he kept ing. It all happened so fast. His pants were ed and pulled down as well. Both of ours were. He grabbed both of my wrists and pinned them besides my head. He kept making out with my neck and then he goes for it. I start to scream, but then he covers my mouth with his hand.

He goes rough and just continued leaving marks on my neck. He got tired of covering my mouth, that he aggressively kissed my lips to shut me up. I keep screaming. I'm yelling. Nobody can hear me. He keeps going and going and going and-

"Ahhhhhh!" I scream, sitting up on my bed, waking up from my sleep. I hear my parents run from their rooms to mine. My mom rushes over to my bed and sits next to me. I'm sweating a little and I'm slightly crying. My dad stays besides me as well and rubs my back.

"It's okay honey. It was just a bad dream." my mom says to me.

I nod my head, but they don't know. It's not just a bad dream, it's a horrible memory replaying through my head over and over again. My parents don't know what happened to me a week ago. Not even my friends. That'd be embarrassing.

My parents, they have no idea about the party, or about the . I'm such an angel in their eyes. They'd brag about me to their friends back in America that I would never get in trouble at school, and that every single teacher loved me. But one, but that's not important.

Both of my parents kissed my head and walk out, back into their rooms. I look at the time and see that it's 4 in the morning. I don't even bother trying to go back to sleep. I don't want to be haunted by that again.

I stand up and walk over to my bathroom. I turn on the sink and wash my face. If I'm going to stay awake, at least make myself look awake so I don't have to do anything when it's time to get ready for my first day of school.

I turn off the sink and dry my face with the towel on the rack nearby. I look in the mirror and sigh. I put the towel back and walk out, going straight to my closet. Getting ready at 4 in the morning. Normal, right?

***

"Have fun on the first day of school here." my dad says, dropping me off. "And sweetheart, I know your Korean isn't all the way fluent, but just be happy that your mother and I taught you before you started middle school back home. So you should be okay. If you need help understanding, just ask someone. You'll be fine."

I nod and he smiles, driving away. I turn around and look at the school. I've never attended an indoor school, so I was kind of excited. I walk inside and right away, people look at me. I look very Korean, and my clothes are the school's uniform, but I guess somehow I give off an American vibe. A group of girls are already interested in me.

"You're new here, aren't you?" one of the 3 girls ask me. "Figures. This is a small school, you basically know almost everyone here."

I nod my head and she smiles at me. She holds out her hand and I just look at it.

"I'm Yoo Jimin." she introduces herself. I take her hand and shake it lightly.

"Kimberly Lee. Well, Lee Kimberly I guess." I say, a bit quiet. Both of her eyebrows raised.

"You look very Korean. I thought you'd have a Korean name." she says.

"I was born in America and my parents didn't think of giving me a Korean name." I tell her. She nods and says that she hopes to see me later. I know I might sound crazy and paranoid, but it's like if she knows about what happened a week ago. It's like if she knows I got . Do I give off that vibe as well?

I find my class and go inside. A lot of people are already inside, sitting in seats they want to be in so they can be near their friends. I look for an empty one, and take it for myself.

I'm going to have to be getting used to this style of education. I found out about two days ago that they don't have different periods. Well, they do but it's not like in America. For us, we have to get up and go to different classrooms. For them, we all stay in one seat and class, while the teachers switch each period. My will be sore by the time school ends today.

First period. Homeroom.

Our homeroom teacher comes in and is already making changes, like our seating arrangements. She holds up her clipboard and tells us that she already has our names written down on seats.

"I would like all of you to stand up and just stand to the side of the wall." she says, and we all listened.

She walks to each desk, one by one, reading off the names on her clipboard.

"Hm. First time I've ever had an American name. Lee Kimberly." she says, placing her hand down at a desk that's at the end of the class. I go and sit down at the seat, and she looks at me a bit surprised. I guess she was expecting a very American-looking girl. No, I look really Korean. Back in California, the people that didn't really know me that I was a transfer student from Asia. The only thing very American about me would probably be my hair, name, and outside clothes.

The teacher goes on, seating people in the assigned seats. When she finishes, she goes back to the front of the classrooms and explains to us how this school year will go. My mind wanders somewhere else. All I caught from her little speech was her name: Mrs. Jo. And also that homeroom would be about almost half an hour. I groan silently to myself when she explained that this wasn't even the first period. What makes it worse was that I found out you go to school 6 days a week. I could barely survive 5 back home. At least they give you Saturdays off sometimes.

Homeroom finally ends, and Mrs. Jo walks out the class. We all sit and wait for our next teacher to arrive. Our math teacher.

"Hey. Kimberly." I hear someone whisper, quite loudly. I turn my head. It was some guy who was sitting three seats behind me.

"You're from America? So that means you have money, huh?" he laughs. The people around him that heard chuckled a little bit as well. I sigh and face back forward.

Finally, after 6 minutes, our math teacher comes in. First period.

She looked through a clipboard of our names, and tried to see if she could memorize it right there and then. When she reached my name, she said that my name would be easy to memorize since it's the only non-Korean name in there. And she also said that she'll probably forget that I'm Kimberly, because I wasn't what she expected. Again, I'm very Korean looking.

And then, she starts off with teaching some basic math, only to see if we remember anything from last year's lessons. I'm not even sure if they taught nearly the same thing I learned back home. Oh yeah, I think her name is Miss Yoo.

As I'm writing down the notes Miss Yoo was writing on the board, I heard a bit of whispering behind me.

"She's really pretty though."

"Yah, what if she does have money?"

"I didn't think she was American."

I sighed to myself, and continue writing. She wrote out a simple problem dealing with factoring and asked us to solve it. We all tried, or at least I think we all tried.

Minutes later, she looked at her clipboard and obviously just called out a random name.

"Jung HoSeok." she says, looking at his name on the seating chart, and then at the seat.

"Yes?" he says.

"What did you get for the answer?" she asks.

"I don't know Miss. I clocked out as soon as summer holidays started. I don't remember this." he says. The whole class laughs a little. I rolled my eyes. These types of guys in my class were a little bit annoying to me. The smart mouths.

***

My parents can't pick me up after school. Scratch that. They can, but they want me to get used to the subway system here. I tried arguing that it'll waste money everyday but they didn't care.

I start breathing heavily, feeling the atmosphere behind me a bit heavy. I quickly turn around and see a guy standing there. I jump back a little. He holds his hands back and apologizes for startling me.

"Woah, my bad." he says. "I just wanted to say hi Kimberly. I'm Park Joseph."

I freeze a little.

"What?" I say. He rolls his eyes.

"Do you not speak Korean too? I said that I'm Park JeongHyun." he says again, but introducing his name in English and a thick Korean accent.

"Oh. No, I speak Korean. I just thought you said something else." I tell him.

"Oh. Well, how do you like the sound of getting something to drink?" he asks me. I shake my head quickly.

"Sorry. I'm just going to go home." I say. He nods.

"Well, see you in class tomorrow." he says, and walks away. Great, I have class with him.

I leave the school campus and find the nearest subway. My dad texted me the subway stop that I should be arriving at, so I have to find out how to get there.

I reach the subway and go up to these machines. I tap it and it asks for my language. I tap on the English language, but feeling kind of embarrassed if anyone is around to hear.

"Tap your destination." it asks. I search for Chungmuro. I see that it's only three stops away from where I am. I pay for it and the subway card comes out. I take it and search for the subway line that I should be going on.

I can't believe that my parents are making me figure out the subway system all by myself like this. I find the line and go down the stairs. I see the subway train barely arriving. I sigh in relief and rush in there, seeing that it was filled with people. There weren't any seats at all available. My only choice was to stand and hold onto the rails above, so I don't fall over.

More people crowd into the train. Most of them are young, and are probably students from my school. Everyone's squished near each other, and my breathing gets heavier. I don't like to say that I'm claustrophobic, because I never really got checked up for it. But, whenever I'm in tight spaces, I can't breathe. If I'm in a small long hallway and it's not really that bright, I feel like walls are closing in on me. Whether that's claustrophobia or something similar, I'm not well in tight spaces.

I keep breathing slowly, so I don't end up hyperventilating and freaking out in public. I hear male voices behind me, all around me actually. I look around and see that I'm squished in between the guys from my school. Same uniform. I bite my bottom lip, to stop myself from freaking out. For some reason, I feel like one of them will lift up my skirt, or even place their hand somewhere where it shouldn't be.

I survived the three stops, and quickly get out of the train. I go upstairs and finally get the fresh air. I feel someone tap my shoulders. I jump and shout silently, turning around to see who it was. And it was another guy. He jumps a bit too. I guess me being frightened, frightened him as well.

"Sorry." he says. I shake my head. "I'm in your class and I wanted to know something. Are you really from America? Or part American?"

I slowly nod, and he nods as well.

"Hm. Everybody's been talking about you. You're known as the foreign Korean, which is kind of a weird name knowing that we're in Korea." he says, and then walks away. I breathe out and shake my head. I start walking towards home.

***

"How was school honey?" my mom asks, still unpacking some boxes.

"Okay, I guess."

"What do you mean?" my father joins in.

"Well, apparently everyone in school knows me." I say. They both look at me. "Someone told me that I'm known as the 'foreign Korean'."

"But, we're in Korea?" my mom asks. I shrugged my shoulders.

"I told you we should've given her a Korean name for her real name. Lee SeoYun was nice." my dad yells at my mom. Both my eyebrows raised up. I was almost called Lee SeoYun. That's actually a very nice name.

"Is anyone picking on you for that?" my father asks me. I shake my head, lying a bit. He sighs and nods his head. I excuse myself to my room.

I lock the door and jump onto my bed. I wrap myself in my blanket and just stare into nothing. The memories of what happened a week ago creeps into my mind, but I try to erase them out. My mind is just blank. I feel nothing.

I don't even know if I want to go to school tomorrow. I'm so paranoid around every single person. I feel like they know what happened and they'll laugh at me for it. I don't know who laughs at but, that's just a feeling. Or, maybe not laugh but judge me for it. Call me something bad. I'm so scared to even be around guys, let alone if I see one drink. I swear to myself that I'm never touching another alcoholic beverage again.