Two Seconds

One Second

And here we go another day has ended. 11:00pm, work ended so late this day. The sun even ended before me. Let's go back home ! I turned off the light on my desk took my bag and left my job place. I always do this way to not forget anything, ritual you know. Each time I tried to get my car license I failed it, so I'm a professional street walker, haha, my way from work to my home is around 10min walk, 10min bus, and another 15min of walk. Long right ? But somehow I like it. But this day the bus driver were angry and didn't went to work so no bus at my stop. I had to take it to the next one, which meant 5 more minutes. It was so late already and I was so tired but, well, I needed to go back home. So here I was walking in the empty street lighted only by the street lights. If I were a woman, I would have freak out, it was a bit scary to be honest.

 

The air was a bit fresh this night and the atmosphere a bit heavy. Actually it was getting heavier as I was walking further to my destination. But you know, not heavy like a thunder day, but like if you had forget something but don't know what. Then this feeling change and I felt empty, I really was missing something without knowing. What was it, why was I feeling this way. The clock building appeared, meant I was close to the bus station, it was 11:14pm. There were almost no car, almost ll of them were taxis or bus. They weren't much people too. The only type of people I crossed were the one going out from restaurants or coffees. But why the sounds wasn't reaching my ears ? Why was it so quiet ? I walked further and even the layout disappeared. What was happening ? Where was I ? I tried to run to escape but my legs and feet were blocked. I couldn't move anymore. I tried to find a rational reason, I was tired and I fainted. But no I was full conscientious then where, why, how ?

 

A silhouette drew in the foggy atmosphere, a woman. I wanted to yell “help” to her, but nothing came out from my mouth. I was unable to move or talk, what kind of thing was it ! She was heading to me and stopped just in front. She was looking at me, smiling, and some tears fell from her eyes. My heart stopped I knew her, she was the something I was missing. I was missing her but why ?

Her eyes were green, with loon eyelashes, her nose little but cute, her face was oval and pale, her hair tied up like in ancient time. Actually she was even dress in 1920 style.

She touched my cheek, so slowly like if she was so happy to see me healthy and alive, she was crying more and more, but still smiling so much. Why was I so emotional, I was so sad deep inside, but happy though. I was in the same state as her. My skin was reacting to her touch, it was like if it could remember a old pleasure.

She stepped forward until her feet reached mine. She wasn't that small her eyes were on the same level ad my nose. She bent her head to look into my eyes, while her hands circled my face. My heart was beating so fast, I could heard it in my both ears, I could felt it in my chest. It was fast that it was hurting. Why my heart was reacting like this. Her eyes had a deep expression, what was she trying to say without voice. She placed my forehead onto hers, and cried, she was crying so hard. I thought my heart would explode I was torn apart. I was broken, why was I broken ? I place my nose on hers and she stopped crying.

I wanted to comfort her, I wanted to protect her. I wanted her to be here forever. She was so weak and small, she was so cute and hurt. She was so pretty. She was the one. The one, everyone is looking for in his life. I, without even think, cercled her waist with my hand and pushed her against me.

Her hands were a little bit shaking, and she closed her eyes. Shyly she went on her toes and kissed me. A sweet but kind of sad kiss. It felt like a good bye kiss. A kiss to a marine before he goes into ocean and never get back. A kiss saying I love you so much, so much, please never forget me. Please love me forever. Please be mine even if death tore us apart. I love you.

 

She stopped. She went back, released myhead and took off my arms from her waist. Was she leaving ? No Ididn't wanted to. I grabbed her hand, my mind was out only my heartwas ruling. I couldn't let her go. I needed her. But she took my wrist and looked at me. She shook her head to say "no" so I removed my hand. Her smile wasn't sad anymore. Her eyes were shining with happiness. Her face seemed at peace. But me I was so sad, I was broken, I was crying. I never cry, always trying to keep it inside, but there, there I was crying my heart out. She couldn't go like this. Not after what happened. She wasn't allowed. But she was leaving, walking backward looking at me smiling, waving like if we’ll see each other soon.

Clara, her name went on my lips Clara. I couldn't shout it out but she reacted like if I did and made the brighter smile I ever saw. The sun itself couldn't do better, and it calmed me down. We would see each other again. Maybe not in the same place maybe not at the time, maybe not in the same way, but we will.

She disappeared like she appeared. The fog scattered and the sounds came back. It was so noisy and so dark. But everything was in place. I thought people would look at me in a strange way, I thought I would have act strangely but no, everyone wasn’t bothering. I even saw the same couple that was going out from the bar. They were the same at the same place how ? Never mind, I needed to catch my bus ! I was sure it would be too late, I looked at my watch, 2 seconds. Only one second had passed. I lived so much in two seconds ? I was out, but I just walked to the bus stop, I couldn’t miss it. It was the only one left and I needed to reach home.

What, why, who, how ? I don't want to know. I'm just waiting till the time I'll saw her again. She is my only one and one day we'll meet again I know it.