Chapter 1

Misleading Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“It’s over… I’m sorry.”

 

 

 

My whole body stiffened. Those were the last words he uttered before the line went dead.

There’s a part of me believing that it’s not true;

That every that happened between us is just an illusion;

That he’s not breaking up with me… I’m still his girl;

 

That we’re still in love…

 

But who am I fooling? I clearly knew that he’s not feeling the same way since he stopped looking at me the way I looked at him. I just keep on making myself believe that I was wrong.

But guess what? I’m damn right.

 

I stopped my thoughts for a moment. I leaned my back on the couch as I took the time to breathe in and out, trying to relax my mind, though it’s way too impossible at this time.

My mind keeps on wandering and different memories start to ooze up. Our memories together keep flashing and I can’t help it. His smile that already became the reason for my smile still lingers in my mind and I can’t stop it. His sincere eyes that were enough for me to know that he’s madly in love with me still flashes in my memory and I hated it.

 

As those memories obtrude, I realized one thing...

 

I quickly took my phone and dialed his number.. It took five rings before he could even answer.

 

“Chaerin… w--why?”

 

My heart thumped when I heard his voice. His voice that once told me sweet nothings is not the same as before. It now sounds… empty.

I swallowed the lump on my throat and uttered him the words my heart feels…

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

“YAH PARK JAEBOM!! DON’T YOU JUST HANG UP ON ME WHEN I’M ABOUT TO SAY SOMETHING! DO YOU THINK IT’S THAT EASY TO BREAK UP WITH YOUR GIRLFRIEND FOR 3 YEARS?!! AND REALLY? THROUGH A PHONE CALL?!! ARE YOU SOME SORT OF A STUPID K-DRAMA FANATIC?! WELL, FOR YOUR INFORMATION MR. JAY PARK, I AM NOT BREAKING UP WITH YOU WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT! !!”

 

 

I then hung up.

 

 

 

 

My two cat eyes wandered around the mall as I started on my mission. Checking the stalls, boutiques, and even comfort rooms one by one, I’m definitely in the mood for a ‘James Bond’ mission today and no one can stop me.

I was walking near the clothing boutique when my eyes landed at the person I knew of.

 

‘Target found.’ I thought to myself.

 

I was close to walking towards him when I noticed a woman beside him, clinging on his arm. She has an innocent, angel-like face, a petite figure, and a sophisticated aura within her.

 

A little too far from my face, figure, nor my aura. I must say, she’s an opposite.

 

 

My whole being weakened at the sight. Loneliness and disappointment turned into frustration and anger

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter