14 A Known Stranger

Fate With Legs

- Hi guys! Please look out for pyRA-mid soon! Hehehee, sorry for not updating for such a long time >< It's tiring to dance and sing and go online to do updates >< So yeah... Read on... And I don't know, this chapter seems... Short? But... Hehe read on, towards the back it's a little comedic. ^^ Enjoy!! <3
 


 
[<--Previous Chapter-->]
 
Sandara straightened up her body and gasped. The girl who had her boyfriend taken away from herself was actually starting to respect her. Her eyes were b with water as it overflowed. Jessica took steps towards Sandara and embraced her.
 
Warm and sweet, her hug was like a comfort. Sandara apologised again and took her leave. Jessica stood frozen at her position and watched her leave. Jessica didn't mind all the hurt she had received anymore, cause someone has been hurting more than she had.
 
Jessica's POV
 
Jaejoong oppa... Wake up soon.
I've got so many things I want to tell you... About my trip to America... About how we can be together again... About how much... How much... How much I love you. 
 
Dara unnie is really one strong female holding-on to the barriers of her ends. She doesn't allow anyone to disrupt her to get back up. It was just her method of thinking. It was inappropriate. Just if I had known earlier.... That's why people say: "You know their name, not their story."
 
"kkegh.. Kkegh..." Jaejoong oppa!
He's awake! He's coughing, does he need water?
 
"Jae Oppa! Do you need water?" I asked in full concern. "Aniyo... Sica-yah..." Jaejoong moaned in pain. I immediately felt a stab in the heart and come to realize how much pain I had put him thought by leaving him. I should never have done that. 
 
In this last year, I used to think that his chocolate hair; sweet scent; sharp jawline, were all just part of a memory that wouldn't come back. 
 
Sooyoung always reminded me: If a girl cries over a guy, she'll get over soon. But if a guy cries for a girl, he's the one worth to keep.
Jaejoong had cried for me and even took 'punishments' for me. I can't let him go, I don't believe he's not the right guy for me. And I don't think that anyone could treat me as good as how oppa does. 
 
I have made Jaejoong oppa cry too much in this past year. I have to make it up to him. I grabbed the empty jug and headed outside with quick footsteps. "Sica...." Jaejoong oppa  softly called out. I spun around, hearing his pained voice. "Oppa, hold on. I'm just going to refill the jug for you, just a moment!" Holding my tears in, I zoomed out of the door and went into the hospital's pantry. 
 
The resistance level of myself crying dropped to an all-time low once I placed the jug on the pantry table. Tear flowed out like fountains and I crouched down to my knees. I hugged my chest against my knees and prayed. I wasn't weak, I was just emotional. Should I get back with Jaejoong oppa? But after all this pain I had given to him, would he forgive me? I don't know... Maybe.
 
End of POV
 
Jaejoong's POV
 
I felt a lump in my throat that clogged my gullet. "Kkegh... Kkegh..." I cleared the tension that had just happened in my throat with a cough.
 
A familiar voice rang beside my head, "Jae Oppa! Do you need water?" S...Sica? Sica! 
 
I hastily replied, "Aniyo... Sica-yah..." I was about to finish my sentence when a sharp tingle hit my back. I groaned in pain and Sica looked at me, like she was having a worse time than me.
 
I was about to finish my previous sentence when she grabbed the empty water jug beside my bed and proceeded outside. 
 
I didn't want her to leave, "Sica..." My tone was weak... Sica spun around and assured me, "Oppa, hold on. I'm just going to refill the jug for you, just a moment!" W-was... Was she crying? Her eyes are red... No... Not because of me again? Why do I keep making people cry? I'm supposed to give her happiness, not problems! Why am I ruining everything? I was such a jerk. 
 
I-I ughh... My head hurts... Sica, where are you? Ahh.... And that was it. I faded into darkness again.
 
It was a long silence until a bright light emitted from a door. Everything was black. And very empty. I couldn't find a way out. The light guided me somewhere else. Before I knew it, I was in Wonderland. Something like where Alice went to, following the late and talking rabbit. Just that the place I went to was full of colours and only colours. It was like a rainbow, just a little messier. Red, blue and green were splashed onto walls and mixed with gold, silver and bronze... Many other colours made it look like a big piece of artwork.
 
I reached out my hands towards the wall and wanted to feel it. My hand went through the wall, the wall turning transparent and I flinched. W-what... What was happening? Where am I? 
 
I froze on the spot, hearing an explosion from somewhere. Why was there an explosion? Most people's basic instinct will tell them to run, but I felt the sound really familiar, it didn't sound like an explosion at all... So instead, I walked cautiously towards where the sounds where coming from. 
 
Walking and walking, I finally reached a neon yellow door and took the knob. I twisted it and the door creaked as if it hadn't been open in a few million years. It took to my surprise when I saw myself and Jessica on the grassy patch of land, her using my arm as an arm-pillow and we were spending the time watching fireworks together. Laughing and chatting, I realized how much I loved her. I couldn't afford to let her go. Suddenly, the image of the whole scene turned black and I was forced out of the room. The door shut tight and blended into the colourful walls. 
 
This time, I heard music. Hey! U hear Sica's voice! Wh-wait. Who's this? Why is there another guy's voice? O-Onew?? Why are they together? I took silent steps towards a pink neon door on the opposite end. Again I turned the door knob and was greeted by  Jessica and Onew together in the vocals practice room practicing a song. This song is...? I don't know, I've never heard of it... Hey yes I have! Just before I was scalded..... One.. One year later? Yes that's it! One Year Later by Jessica and Onew!
 
Sica's voice is as beautiful as ever. Why, why is she crying? Sica look at me... I reached out my hands towards her and as I was about to lift her chin, she became translucent and suddenly disappeared into thin air. I shouted, "Sica!" but... No voice could be heard. I tried talking again. "Hello?" I was mute. I couldn't hear myself and neither could anyone. Is this just my imagination or something? Wake up Jaejoong, wake up!
 
Just then, a black door appeared in my face. I looked at it and heard a voice. "Jaejoong oppa! Wake up! Oppa! Wake up!" Sica! It was Sica! I was awake wasn't I? Why is she asking me to wake up? This door was a push-pull door. I pushed it open and I was lying in the hospital bed. I witnessed Dara and Jessica talking. I saw myself faint back into deep sleep. I saw myself inside of me. Was I sure that Jessica was the one that I wanted? Can I give her happiness?
 
Light blinded my eyes when the black door closed and was replaced by a white door was bright lights on it. It had a sign on it... 'EXIT'. Where was this place exactly? It's my mind right? I better get out. I need to see Jessica right now. I really want to talk to her.
 
End of POV
 
Jessica's POV
 
"Jaejoong oppa! Wake up! Oppa! Wake up!" I feared, not hearing a reply from him. Did he faint again? I should've been here just now! Stupid me and my tears! "Oppa! Can you hear me?" I panicked now, and I immediately rushed to call a doctor. 
 
As my footsteps sounded in the hallway, nurses shushed me and I turned to them, asking for help. "Nurse! Help me get the doctor! The patient in room 666 has gone unconscious! Hurry!" I shrieked in the empty counter. The 2 nurses picked their clipboards and equipment, ready to rush to help. One paged for the doctor and I made my way back to Jaejoong oppa impatiently. 
 
What was going on? Jaejoong oppa can't leave me!... Then it hit me. He was the one I've been waiting for. I'm going to hang on to him once he awakes. He has to. 
 
End of POV
 
Both of them were thinking of their reunion until Jaejoong unknowingly got into the mild coma. 
 
The doctor rushed into the patients room with equipments and everything. Jessca stood frozen beside the nurses and for a second, a long beep was heard from the machine connected to Jaejoong. Jessica's heart dropped and she broke down once and for all. 
 
"Please prepare for emergency heart rebound. Give me my equipment." The doctor instructed the nurses and they immediately reacted to his commands. Jessica was forced outside of them room as she was wailing uncontrollably. Hearing the doctor help Jaejoong regain his heart beat from inside the room made Jessica break down even more. She wasn't ready for him to leave her even though she sweared to live happily without him. 
 
The doctor came out, sweat overtaking his pale face. He came out shaking his head. Jessica took that as a sign that Jaejoong has already left her. But that small tingling hope inside of her made her ask, "Is he alright?" The doctor continued, "He was a tough case. How can he get scalded and injure so many nerves? One of his veins were swollen from the scald from a mild check and that was the vein that connected to his heart, I relieved the pain with some medication and you have to put on the medication cream on regularly for him. His scald is quite serious for now. I didn't notice that particular vein swell, I'm sorry..." Jessica looked at him in disbelief and asked, "So he's alive?" The doctor gawked at her and replied, "Miss, didn't I already relply to your question?." Dumbfounded, she whispered, "So he is..." The doctor laughed quietly, "Sure he is, look at my bright face!" He smiled and patted her elbow, "He's fine, don't worry." Jessica bowed, "Erm... Doc? Can I ask for your name?" He stood there, a little bit from surprise, "I-I am... Are you going to complain about me to the heads? Miss you can't do that! I just joined the hospital not too long ago! You see I'm always this straightforward and everything but please miss! I can't afford having complaints just arriving here for only 2 months!" Jessica chuckled and responded, "No doc, I'm just curious..." The doctor sighed a sigh of relief. He began, "I'm Dr..-" Jaejoong's scream cut them off and made the both of them startle and run back into the room.
 
Jaejoong accidentally pressed on his back when he forgot about his scalded wound and tried to turn his chest towards the front. The doctor frantically asked, "Sir... Are you in pai- Wait..... J-Jaejoong h-hyung??" In between winces, Jaejoong snapped a glance at the doctor...
 
Jaejoong exclaimed, "Yah!! You...!"
The doctor smiled and nodded, "I didn't notice you just now, I was panicking.. Almost." He scratched the back of his head and giggled. "I haven't seen you for a wh- Ouch!" Jaejoong tried to finish his sentence but grimaced. Jessica made him turn around and rest. 
 
Jaejoong looked at her and asked, "So... Jung Jessica! Do you want me back?" Sica looked flustered at his question and blushed, "I..." The doctor cut in, "WHAT?! She's JUNG JESSICA?!" Jessica face palmed and Jaejoong slammed his face into his pillow. "OH MY GOD!!! Please give me your number!!! Omygoodness! CAN I HAVE TAEYEON'S NUMBER TOO? My hyung has been talking about her since Gee era!!! OHMY! I'm going back to tell him once I finish my shift!" The doctor made squealing noises. Jessica stared at him like: omygod-is-he-guy-or-a-girl? 
 
"Autograph autograph autograph PLEEEAAAASE?" The doctor squeaked. Jessica unknowingly asked, "Are you below 23 years old?" The doctor nodded like a puppy and extended his hands. He handed his marker to to Jessica for her to sign on his hands. 
 
Giggling uncontrollably, Jessica asked, "Your name?"
"I am.............."
 
 

 
 
Yay hayy!! New character is going to be revealed next episode! HAHAHA, make a guess? ^^ Heheeheehhheeheheheeee I'm so excited for debut AND next chapter!! Hmm, any comments for this chapter? Is it progressing too fast? Do you want me to go slower and make more chapters? Or do you want me to move faster and fill in the details soon?
Haha, PLEASE COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE! <3