11 Duet With You

Fate With Legs

♪ Listen to: Don't Cry (Park Bom) < CLICK!

Onew looked to the rear mirror of his car and sighed. They were reaching the airport and he can't bear to send his best friend a.k.a CRUSH away from him. Jessica clutched her goldish brown bag as she hung on to the pained expression she had on her face. Onew took a quick glance of her and can't help but feel that crushing feeling in him.

Onew's POV

I opened the door of my newly bought White Cayenne Porsche and lightly slammed it. I went over to the boot and helped Jessica carry her Ethos Vintage White Luggage.

I sent Jessica off all the way to the departure hall and gave her my ipod with songs that I made and sang secretly for her. I couldn't help but smiled weakly at her and gave her words of encouragement and the next thing I know was that I broke into a hug with her, "Sica... Remember to stay strong, cause then only you'll know you won't fall. Remember that only when you forgive... Then you'll forget. Good luck and... Bon Voyage." I was trying really hard to hold back my tears and it was lucky that my sunglasses plus mask didn't let me show any of the tears I dropped. I patted her back and shoved her her luggage. Jessica faked a smile but it was the most beautiful smile I'd ever had. She promised me, "Oppa... I will come back in one piece. I will come back with a brand new heart. I will come back to be ready for the Sica on stage again. Don't worry... This is my journey to feel better. Gomawoyo oppa... Jeongmallo..." She pressed down her coat and dragged her luggage inside.

End of POV

 

 

Jessica's POV

I dragged my luggage straight into the departure hall as I cleared immigration. I couldn't remove my sunglasses in case I got recognised. I covered my face as I removed my sunglasses. Another reason of my not wanted to show my face was that my eyes were red and swollen from crying. As soon as I cleared immigration, I fished out my phone and texted Onew oppa.

From: Jessica

Oppa... I'm in the departure hall already, heading to my gate.
Don't worry and head home.
You must be tired from all your practising.
Bye and... Take care.

To: Tofu Oppa

I kept my phone and lifted my chin. Jessica Jung Soo Yeon! Wake up! You already broke up with Jaejoong. Everyone else... Beware... Cause the Ice Princess is here. I walked the long way to my gate since they was still plenty of time before departure. I smiled to myself at the thought of home.. But mom wasn't there. Dad's in the hospital. Krystal's still up with her comeback... So... I'm going home just to see no one? Never mind. I can visit mom's grave and on the way, visit dad. I bet Krystal will be glad when she sees Dad. She loves dad the most in our family. She always calls him but... His condition gravens every single day. His sickness is serious to the point where he can only move eyes to communicate. No diffirent from a patient with Lou Gehrig's disease. Well, I hope that dad would be fine. We're too young to lose him. 

After a few moments, I hardly realised that I was at my gate already. I frowned when I faced the gate and took a quick peek on my watch. There was still a lot of time before departure. I think I should grab a bite or shop for a while. I spun around and walked to a Tax Free shop. I kept my sunglasses on and walked into the shop. The lady servicing me kept eyeing me curiously while I simply looked down to avoid attention. I finally settled down with something to buy, a perfume. It was refreshing the floral smell made me remember of something... Jaejoong. I accidentally dropped my phone on the ground and gasped when I did so. My sunglasses fell off as I bent down to pick my phone up. The lady servicing me gasped and grabbed my arm. 

"Jessica! Jessica! Please give me an autograph! Jessica! Please take a photo with me!" She whined in my ear. I looked around and was lucky that it wasn't the peak hour at the time. I gave in to her otherwise she might blow up the matter that I was here. After taking the photo, I scampered out of the shop and took another look at my watch. I've got 25 minutes. I shall go get a bite at McDonalds... I bought an Oreo McFlurry and savoured every spoon. The taste was very d-

End of POV

Jessica paused in her footsteps as she shivered while holding the ice cream. She looked infront and froze. He... and she.. was walking towards her. Jessica didn't realise but took a step back with her luggage. She hurried across the departure hall to her gate. With her sunglasses still on, her tears fell from the rim of her eyes. "Jaejoong..." a gasp and his name escaped her lips. She frowned in dismay. Sandara was clinging onto Jaejoong as the were going to Japan for a showcase. Sandara was only there to cheer and watch him. 

Jaejoong's POV

I.. I saw her. Where's... where's she going? She's bringing a rather big luggage. Is she running away from SM? Wh- Wait. I'm not supposed to think about her. She was the one who initiated the break up. Should I talk to her? Caus- Uh oh, she saw me. W...with Sandara. Again. No! Sica! It's not what you think it is! I... No. Jessica is history. Jaejoong, wake up! She's never coming back to you. Yes... The love of your life with never come back again. Let me just approach her... And she escaped. Wow. Thanks Sica, for saving me from lunging at you once more to make you come back to me. Anyhow, I need to get Sandara noona's grip away from me and I seriously need to find out what's up with Jessica. Does she... really love Donghae? 

End of POV

Jaejoong ran, as quick as he could. Leaving Sandara alone standing there flustered. He hid first, away from Sandara. As soon as he saw Sandara from behind the pillar that she left to find him anywhere, he sprinted to where Jessica headed to. He found himself walking behind Jessica as soon as he found her. 

Jessica stood up from her spot and dragged her luggage along. She calmed herself down by listening to Onew's music. His voice was soothing... And beautiful, Jessica thought. Jaejoong caught up with Jessica and tapped her on her shoulders. Jessica froze on her spot, knowing his touch. She slowly turned herself around to face Jaejoong. Jessica gave him a lopsided smile and chuckled awkwardly, "Hehe... H-hi.." Jaejoong smiled awkwardly to her and greeted. Jaejoong scrutinised every bit of her face and commented, "You... You're beautifu- Uh, how have you been?" Jessica faked a smile and replied, "Yeah. Good. Erm I gotta catch my flight, bye." Jessica spun back around and quickly dragged her luggage away. She walked quick enough, thinking Jaejoong already left. Jaejoong followed her behind her back without her noticing. She pulled her luggage into the gate as Jaejoong squinted his eyes from behind a decorative plant and saw the destination of the plane she is taking. "California..." his voice trailed off after that.

"Boo!" Sandara smacked Jaejoong's back when he wasn't noticing. Jaejoong winced in pain as he fixed his posture. "Dara noona... Let's head to the gate." he gloomily said. Sandara nodded excitedly like a 5-year-old kid and skipped towards him walking to the gate heading to Japan.

-------------------------------

♪ Listen to: One Year Later (SNSD Jessica & SHINee Onew) < CLICK! 

[1 YEAR LATER]

Jessica slipped on her sunglasses as she strutted towards the arrival hall. She just made a call to Onew to inform him that she arrived already. Onew paced back and forth with his mask and hat on, waiting for her arrival. A lot of things happened in that one year. Jessica's father died 5 months after she went home. Krystal cried so much that she had to stop all her activities for a week. Jessica met up with her American friends and she studied at the school for approximately 3 months. She received so much attention from her school mates for being in a Korean girl group that she couldn't study any longer. Her locker was filled with love notes, flowers, gifts, and all sorts of things any person would give their lover. 

Sandara Park announced to the media that she and Jaejoong was dating. But Jaejoong vigorously denied. Jaejoong was pestered so much by her that he had to give in to her. Jaejoong's wallpaper was Jessica until his manager changed it away to keep away the suspicion. He thought of her everyday, every minute, heart stuck with the thousand knives Jessica left with him. He simply couldn't forget her. 

Onew grapsed his hands closely together, palms sweating. He had his sunglasses, hat and mask on but was still nervous about meeting Jessica and worried that fans migth recognise him. The slide doors of Incheon Airport's arrival hall opened and slowly revealed a slim and perfect figure pushing a trolley with a vintage bag alongside with other luggages. A pink, knee-length and fashionable wavy dress stood out over her body. Onew stunned and unknowingly walked towards her. "S...S...Sica?" he stuttered. The small lips formed into a smile as she jumped on Onew flinging her Kate Spade bag in the air. "OPPA! Hehe, yeap! It's Jessica! I'm home!" Jessica softly screamed into his ear. Onew smiled in glee and placed her on her feet. With their sunglasses on, they hurriedly ran to the Ferrari which Onew bought after winning an award for their song and after Jessica left.

Onew, a smile still plastered on his face, asked Jessica, "Sica-yah, have you eaten? Wanna grab a bite of some... Cucumber?" He as Jessica squealed. Using her dolphin voice, she replied, "OPPAA!! You know me! I don't like cucumbers! AHHH!! Oppa, I just came back not too long ago and you're giving me the chills by the mention of Cu... Urgh.." Sica shivered even thinking about cucumber. Onew laughed it away and asked again, "Okay.. I surrender. You wanna go have some.. Yak-" Even before he finished his sentence, Jessica finished his sentence for him, "YAKINIKU! YAY!" She clapped her hands in excitement. Onew giggled and they drove off to the nearest Yakiniku store. Before they reached, Onew received a call from his manager hyung and was called to the company together with Jessica as their boss, Lee Soo Man, demanded to see them immediately. 

Jessica hopped down from the car and removed her sunglasses. She pressed down her dress and arranged her hair. She bent down to look into the rear mirror to check on any smears from her makeup. Onew chuckled and told her, "You needn't do all these, you're perfect enough." Jessica blushed at his comment and pulled his arm towards the building. They entered the air-conditioned lobby and Jessica took in a deep breath of the scent in the company. "I missed this place," she closed her eyes and took in another breath before yet grabbing his arm and heading to the president's office again. 

*Knock knock knock* Jessica's knuckled slammed on the translucent glass door. Onew stood behind her, hands behind his back, exactly like a model student. "Come in," was heard behind the door. Jessica twisted the knob and pushed it in. Onew followed behind. Lee Soo Man's strict face came into view. Jessica smiled at him and Onew froze. "Sit," the strict yet warm voice echoed throughout the room. They did as he said. Jessica was not a single bit afraid of Lee Soo Man as he used to pamper her, being the first trainee of SNSD. Jessica was very close to him and treated him like her own father. Unlike her, Onew was scared of Lee Soo Man and was awkward around him. Jessica boldly asked, "Soo Man samchon, why did you call us here?" Soo Man smiled at her and laughed at her, "Aigoo, little girl. Don't be impatient. I still remember you leaving here... Umm, never mind. I called you guys here cause I want you 2 to collaborate." "Collaborate?" Onew lifted a brow. Lee Soo Man returned to his straight face, "Yes. I want you 2 to do a duet. It will be performed on SNSD's concert. It has already been written and set, I just need you guys to first, record it. Second, practise, of course. Third, work on harmonization, put in the feelings and remember, I need you guys to connect, so I want you guys to do everything together for a week. Okay? You will do it live although it's going to be recorded. I don't want anything to go wrong in the concert, is that fine?" Jessica and Onew prefusely nodded their heads. A thousand thoughts ran through their minds. 

 

-----------------------------------

Sorry for the super late update! I was really busy:(
It's a long update for you! ^^ 

Take my apologies again.... :( Thank you!

 

Love,
deiyeon^^