Chapter 5: Bodyguard

Lovesick: The Chaotic Lives Of Blue Shorts Guys [The Uncut Edition]

"

Chapter's theme song: Hai Chun Doo Lae Tur ( Let Me Take Care Of You ) by Tony.

 

[ Noh's Point Of View ]

 

It feels like my life has turned into a rerun episode of a crappy lakorn because I find myself back in Siam Square, the trendiest and busiest place of bangkok. To be honest, I dislike this place very much. It's always so crowded and chaotic. Usually, I avoided places like this one - unless there was a reason to come or when I got dragged by someone else, mostly by Yuri - but today, I came here because Phun's health was important to me. After waving goodbye to him half an hour ago, I decided to become a stalker and follow him secretly.

( Now, besides his nurse, I was his bodyguard?!  I really needed a raise. Hold on a moment! I don't even get paid for this! ) I complain inside my head as I keep an eye on Phun, who isn't very far away from where I am. It's been a pain in the to follow him, honestly. I keep having to dodge him so he wouldn't see me. This is kind of fun though. I can hear all of the things that the girls that walk past him have to say about him. And some of those things are very interesting.

I continue tailing behind him until he arrives at the place where he is meeting his girlfriend but it seems she isn't here yet. She has the nerves to show up late even after she forced my sick friend to come?! Argh! This completely changes my thoughts on her! She doesn't deserve Phun! Phun walks into starbucks and sits down on a table, resting his back against the glass wall. I decide to watch him from the store that's infront of starbucks, that way I can keep an eye on him. 

What should I do now? Should I drag him out of there and take him back home? But then, what if he gets angry? I don't have a right over him anyways. But he is sick.. Argh! This is so frustrating! I keep pacing back and forth -pulling at my invisible hair- until one of the shopkeepers gives me an annoyed look and I decide to walk to a booth and buy myself a drink. I comeback and Phun is sitting in the exact spot. I walk towards the glass wall to take a closer look at him. He still looks very pale and has his eyes closed. I wonder if he is still conscious or if he has fainted. Are you still there, buddy?

Just when I'm about to go inside the place to drag him out of there, I see Aim walking up to the coffee place. Luckily, I manage to spot her just in time to turn around and get out of her sight. I return to the store infront immediately -ignoring the shopkeepers glares- and watch them from afar. On the outside, they seem like a happy couple. Phun smiles and laughs at everything she says. But if you ask me, I'll say he is acting. He had a fever when he left the house and from what I've seen, that boy's temperature doesn't just raise but boils! That's why I feel so worried!

 

( Phun´s Point Of View )

 

I watch as the beautiful face infront of me tells me about her day, but no matter how much I try to understand what she is saying, it´s useless. Every word she pronounces enters one of my ears but leaves through the other without reaching my brain. I nod my head and laugh whenever it seems necessary but I have no idea what she has been saying for the last ten minutes. It´s a struggle to keep my eyes open and my mind keeps blacking out. I´m certain that my temperature is far from normal, but there´s nothing I can do. I can´t leave Aim now. Not when she is so happy to be spending time with me. 

¨Phun, are you paying attention to me?¨, She raises her voice a little higher and i finally manage to understand a sentence out of the hundreds she has said till now. ¨ Oh, i´m sorry, what were you saying?¨, I lean down towards her, trying to see if it helps me hear her better. 

¨ I was talking about Yuri and Noh. Isn´t it great that they are together? We will be able to go on double dates with them!¨, She tells me enthusiastically and my mind wonders back to Noh. It was so sweet of him to come see me today and take care of me for the entire day. I really need to do something later to show how grateful I feel towards him. ¨ Yeah, it´s great..¨, I manage to pronounce the words, but they come out like a whisper.

 

( Aim´s Point Of View )

 

I stared at the pale boy infront of me, feeling a sense of pride that he was my boyfriend. By the rosy color of his cheeks, I could tell he was running a fever and yet, he was trying to be strong for me. When he told me he was sick a moment ago, I felt the need to push him to come. And even though it was wrong, i´m glad I did. Because now i knew just how much he loved me and how much he could bare because of me. It assured me that he belonged to me, and no matter what, he would stay by my side like a loyal puppy. 

Feeling pity for him, I decided that it was enough. ¨ You aren´t feeling very well, right?¨, I asked him as I leaned over him, placing my hand on top of his forehead. Just like i had thought, he was running a fever. I knew that it was better if he went home and rested,  but then I would have to go back home and going home didn´t sound very appealing in this moment.

My father was planning to come and visit us. He said he wanted to see how much the house had changed, but I knew my father very well. He was coming to convince my mother to send me aboard. I didn´t want to be with them when they discussed about how to get rid of me, so I had told my mother I was going to spend the night at a friend´s because of a school project. Since my education always came first to my mother, she let me off immediately. However, everything had been a lie and I had nowhere to spend the night. I had hoped that Phun would take me to a hotel where we could spend the night together, but he looked very sick and i didn´t want to push him any more. In the end, i would have to take extreme meassures again..

¨Let´s go and get my shoes so you can return home sooner.¨, I told my sick boyfriend as I stood up from my chair and took his hand, making my way towards the counter so he could pay our receipt. Once he had paid for the cup of coffees and the slices of cake that we had consumed, I took hold of his hand and started to guide us out of the coffee shop. 

 

( Noh´s Point Of View )

 

After half an hour, our school´s hottest couple walks out of the coffee shop, while holding hands -_- I hurriedly hide behind the shop keeper -who is my friend by now- and watch them as they walk pass by us. Once their backs are facing me, I thank the shop keeper for bearing with this nonsense and start to follow them. There´s so many people that I fear i might lose track on them, so I glue my eyes to their heads. I´m also fear that Phun won´t last within the heat of this crowd. After a while, I finally take sight of the school bag that hangs from phun´s shoulder. Are you kidding me, Aim?! Besides forcing him to come, you also make him carry your bag? I wish I could smack them both in the head -Aim for being unconsiderate and Phun for being unreasobaly courteous.

I watch as they enter shop after shop but it doesn´t seem like she has bought any shoes, or anything for the matter. Is it that difficult to find a good pair of shoes? Is she searching for a pair of cinderella´s glass slippers? Why is she taking so long for god sakes..? I should admit it. I´m incredibly annoyed at this point. We have been walking around in circles for an hour! I´m already ing exhausted! I can only imagine how must phun be feeling..

Aim, please.. cant you see that Phun is practically dying?

I stomp my feet and complain in silence but stop when I caught Aim as she turns around to look behind them. I hurriedly hide myself behind a group of school girls that are tailing behind them just in time. Once she watches her back surroundings, she returns to look back infront of them. I allow myself to let out a sigh of relief. That had been so ing close. Does she know I have been following them all this time?

 

( Aim´s Point Of View )

 

I could feel it. Not far away from us. A pair of eyes watching us. I didn´t know who they belonged to but i was certain, we weren´t alone. I turned around casually to see if I could get a sight of the owner, but I was only met with a group of teenage girls who kept giggling as they pointed fingers at my Phun. I gave them a cocky smile and held onto Phun´s arm tighter before turning back to look infront of me, feeling proud once more. I´m sorry girls, but this guy is my boyfriend!

Even though, i had not been able to see anyone suspiscious, the feeling that we were being followed didn´t left. It was still there, sending shivers down my spine, reminding me of my unfaithfulness. I had been followed secretly many times before. One of my ¨second options¨ had grown obsessed with me and would secretly follow me sometimes. He had never shown himself in front of me, but I knew that when he was there. Sometimes on my way to school, sometimes as I came back and sometimes when I went out with my friends, but he had never followed me when I was with Phun. I had been trying to ignore it and play dumb but lately, the fear that he would come out of the shadows and tell Phun about us was driving me insane. If Phun knew about all my unfaithful acts, would i lose him? If i came to lose him, what would i do then? He was the only person that truly cared about me. I didn´t want to lose him.

Feeling a little panicky, I dragged ourselves into another store. It was a small shop called ¨ Indy ¨. This was Yuri´s favorite store! Maybe I could get her a present! Afterall, we were getting close to her birthday ^-^ Entering the small shop, I started to look around. There were so many clothes and accessories! No wonder Yuri loved this shop so much!

After searching for the perfect gift for half an hour, a pink dress on a corner finally caughts my attention. The front was shaped like a heart, it was fluffy on the bottom, and had a gigantic bow on the back. Picking the item from the rag, I imagined Yuri model the dress and smiled to myself. She was going to look like a doll! Noh is a lucky guy!

¨ Phun, do you think Yuri will like this dress?¨, I turned around and widened my eyes when I found my pale boyfriend holding onto the rags as if he was holding onto dear life. Oh my god!  I totally forgot about his condition! I ran to him and asked him worriedly, ¨ Are you okay, Phun? Should we go home now?¨

He stood up straightly and gave me a reassuring smile, ¨ I´m alright, don´t worry! And yeah. I think she will love that dress!¨, He told me and caressed my hair but I knew he was lying to me. He wouldn´t last for very long. We would have to leave home. ¨ I think it´s better for you to go home.¨, I told him and he shook his head in disaproval. ¨No. We should get your shoes first, then we go home.¨

Look at him! He was dying and yet, he was still playing strong! I sighed in defeat and agreed, knowing how stubborn phun was, ¨  Alright! Let´s go and pay for this dress so we can move to a shoe store.¨ I grabbed onto phuns arm once again and guided us towards the counter, so we could pay for Yuri´s present. Since a summer sale was going around, we were met with a long line once we reached the counter. There was around eight persons before us, would Phun handle it? Maybe i should leave the dress and return tomorrow on my own. I was about to tell phun that we should leave when my phone rang inside my bag. I opened my bag from Phun´s shoulder and searched for my phone. When I found it, i took a look at the caller ID. ! It was him!  

¨Phun, my mother is calling.. I´ll be right back..¨, I gave Phun a lie and left his side once he responded with a smile. I walked outside the store, and after making sure no one i knew was present, i answered the phone. ¨What do you want?¨, I asked with annoyance in my voice.

¨ Aim, where the heck are you? I want to meet you tonight!¨, The voice on the other side responded with the same possesiveness of always, as if he owned me.

¨ Oh, so you havent been following me all this time? How nice of you.¨, I said with sarcasm and listened to the other´s confused tone, ¨ Following you? What are you talking about?¨

Rolling my eyes, I ended up asking, ¨Where do we meet anyways?¨

¨ The same place as always. 8:00 pm.¨, he responded and I agreed, nodding my head. After hanging out, I let out a sigh of defeat. I would have to meet him again in the end. I needed a place to stay afterall.. Phun.. i´ll be unloyal to you once more.. please forgive me..

 

[ Noh´s Point Of View ] 

 

I stare at Phun´s girlfriend through the glass wall of the library, covering my face with a comic book. In this moment, the bright skinned girl wears a concerned expression as she speaks through the phone. Although i´m not able to hear anything she is saying,  I can only wonder who she´s talking to to have that kind of expression on her face. She is speaking to her mother, maybe? From what I´ve known so far, their relationship has been kept a secret to both of their parents. I don´t understand why they can´t just come out already. That would end all of this nonsense, wouldn´t it?

After hanging up on the phone, Aim lets out a sigh and returns inside the store. At the same time, I return to the comic book i´ve been reading for the past thirty minutes ( I´ve finished the first three volumes by now! Two more to go! ) After another while -around ten minutes- the two lovebirds finally leave the clothing store. I see a bag in Phun´s hand and hope that they are done with the shopping, but why are they heading towards Siam paragon now?! 

Geez. I´m pretty tired by now. I can only imagine how tired Phun must be. He´s still sick and he´s overworking himself. If only i could, i would snatch him away and take him home. But  I don´t think that´s what Phun would want me to do.. 

After some walking, we finally arrive at our destination. Although siam paragon isn´t as busy as the other areas, this place is gigantic. I´m already tired just thinking about how massive this place is. I pray that she isn´t intending to make my friend walk all around this place too...

After what feels like an eternity, the couple finally enters a shoe store ( the first shoe store they've been to since we arrived at the shopping center ) I throw myself at a bench that's outside of the store, letting my feet rest from all the walking. Seating has never felt so good. 

 

 

[Phun's Point Of View]

 

I stare at my girlfriend from a chair, as she tries on different pair of shoes. "What do you think of them? Are they pretty? Is it worth the price?", She would ask for my opinion each time and I, being tired as I was, would respond with the same answer. "It's good.", I would tell her, hoping for her to make a decision already. But the minutes pass and she goes back and forward, trying on almost every pair. Are all girls this indecisive? I can't help but wonder.

Turning my attention away from hers for a moment, I watch the people that walk pass the store through the glass window. All of the strange faces displaying a smile. as they enjoy spending their time with loved beings. Some of them come in pairs, others in groups and very few are by themselves. But all of them look happier than me in this moment. Suddenly, I feel as my guilt towards Aim returns to me. She had hoped to have a good time like those people but I had to ruin it with my selfishness. 

"Phun!!", I hear the girl in front of me raise her voice and I return my attention to her. I ask her what is it and she points at the shoes she's currently wearing, "I think I'll go with these. What do you think?" I look at the shoes and try to give her a sincere smile, "They look very pretty on you!" She thanks me and take the shoes off, putting them back on the box and taking my hand, pulling me towards the counter to pay for them.

After paying for the pair of shoes, she finally tells me it's time to go home ( which believe me, made me feel so relieved.) We leave the store and start heading through the crowds to the taxi stand in front of the mall. It's peak hour, so there's a long line. I felt my heart raise inside of my chest in desperation. I knew I had over worked my body and that it was about to give up on me. The world around me was shaking and I felt very cold ( which was funny considering that my temperature was very high.) My vision was becoming more blurry every second and the sounds were starting to dissipate. I feel Aim's concerned expression land in me and by her moving lips, I know she's asking me if I'm okay but I have lost the ability to speak. I can't even shake my head to respond her so I bend over, trying to get rid of the dizziness. But as I do this my knees give up on me and I land first on the ground.

People come rushing towards me to help me up while Aim pronounces my name frantically. Although I appreciate their desire to help me, they are making me dizzier and feel worse. I close my eyes and try to push them away, insisting that I'm fine and I just need to sit down for a bit. 

 

[Noh's Point Of View]

 

I watch from the distance as Phun stumbles back and falls to the ground along with all the bags he was holding. People from all directions gather around him, in an attempt to help but by the look of annoyance in his face, I know that they are only worsening things. So without thinking it again, I rush towards the small crowd around him, making my way through them. "Phun! Are you alright?!", I ask him even though by the look in his face, I know the answer already. He looks at me puzzled before giving me a small smile, muttering my name faintly, "Noh.."

"Don't worry, Phun.. I'm going to get you out of here..", I shoot a panic look at the nearby security guard so he can help us get a taxi, to which he quickly works on. "Noh?!", I hear Aim's puzzled voice but I ignore it and concentrate on getting Phun out of here. I drag Phun from the taxi queue so he can sit near a waterfall. I loosen his belt and grab all of Aim's bag that were on the ground. Aim walks over next to me and I hear her puzzled voice ask, "Noh?! What are you doing here?!"

"Not now, Aim!", Feeling annoyed at her stubborness, I raise my voice at her. Taken aback by my sudden tone of voice, she shuts up and hides her face like a scolded puppy. Feeling a little bad for taking my frustration on her, I pat her on the shoulder and apologize. To be honest, I shouldn't be taking in on her. Even though she shouldn't have brought Phun here, half of the blame rests on myself. I shouldn't have allowed Phun to leave the house in the first place.

"Noh!", Holy ! I flunch with all my might when I hear a sharp voice calling my name. I don't even need to look to see who it is. Why does she have to show up now of all times?! "How come you didnt tell me you were around here, Noh? Oh, Aim? Phun?", Yuri asks as she rushes over to where I am. She seems to take mercy on Phun when she sees him unconscious and decides to stop talking. 

"I told you I was running an errand, didn't I? You and Aim can get yourselves home, right? I'm gonna get Phun out of here first.", I'm not sticking around to wait for an answer and shove all the bags to Aim before I help an unconscious Phun into a taxi with much difficulty.

It's be bad if I take him to his house so I decide I should take him to mine for now.

 

 

[ Author's Notes ]

 

Hello, everyone~!  How have you all been?!

I  want to apologize to all of you for not updating in this fanfic for a while. But like some of you might now, I'm currently  working on another lovesick fanfic. And even more now, i'm working in several lovesick fanfics and collaborating with multiple people. So I'm very sorry for my tardyness and for the tardyness I might have in the future. I hope you all understand. Anyways, this chapter was done since long ago.. (I thought I had already updated..) but then I came back and remembered that I was planning to write it longer so I hadn't updated it. Well, I decided to update this part and work on the other, that way you will know that im still doing this. Surprise for this chapter!  Aim had her first point of view! Yaaay!  I don't know if you might like my plans for her in the future, so please forgive me if you don't. Anyways thats all i have to say, thank you for your patience!

Shameless advertising  time!! (This are the other lovesick fics im currently working on! Please subscibe if you havent!]

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1017433/lovesick-the-after-story-lovesicktheseries-phunnoh

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1065219/lovesick-one-shots-lovesicktheseries

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1064535/lovesick-the-reality-lovesick-white-captain-phunnoh-wwct

 Anyways, that's all for today! Thank you!