Chapter Three:Wake Up, Eat, Study, Do Homework, Eat, Study, Sleep and Repeat.

[Exo] Eternally (New Fic!)

~1975~

 

Wake up, eat, study, do homework, eat, study, sleep and repeat. That’s all I ever did. Never really had a friend, except for that one kid back in kindergarden. But it only lasted 6 months since he moved to another country. Not the type to be at parties and making “wild memories”. Instead, i’m busy studying, focusing on my future. I guess my parents were not that strict because they cared about my grades and all.. yet, I was allowed to go to friends' houses, parties, dates, all that exciting stuff! I just… chose not to. People say I’m a stiff person and don’t really know how to just let go and “have fun”. I do laugh and make jokes, it’s just rarely shown to my peers and family. I can admit I have no variety in wardrobe. Wearing baseball tees in almost every color with just plain dark blue, or acid washed jeans everyday? Yeah, not the best.

 

Walking out of his class, Yixing silently puts text books away into his locker. A girl from one of his classes taps his shoulder causing him to jump slightly. “Hi.” She smiles brightly. “… Hi.” Yixing closes his locker avoiding eye contact with the female out of nervousness. It’s not the first time he had talked to a girl, a lot of girls were interested in Yixing, but, he had no interest in any of them. “I was wondering.. if you wanted to like, spend time together you know? Maybe like at a diner or someplace?” “I uh, um… I think..” Yixing couldn’t form a sentence. The girl laughed at his silliness then hit his chest playfully. “You are so funny!” Yixing looked away from her feeling beads of sweat on the side of his face running down, itching to wipe it off. “I-I I’m sorry.” Dashing out of the hall Yixing flicked off the sweat exhaling deeply.

 

Heading home, Yixing crosses a street turning the corner sharply but ends up bumping into another person causing them to fall to the ground. Yixing groans in pain slowly standing back up. “Sorry… i’m sorry.” The boy apologized as he got back on his feet. “It’s alright, don’t worry.” Yixing told him as he dusted dirt off his pants. “Thanks.” The boy answered in relief. Yixing gave him a small smile and began to walk away. “I’m Luhan by the way!” The boy shouted out to him. Yixing stopped in place then turned to face him. Taking a closer look, he observed the boys face noticing his soft features and big eyes. ‘Man, this guy could pass for a girl.’ He thought to himself. “It’s good to meet you Luhan, my name is Yixing.” Luhan smiled and walked over to him. “So before we part ways, why were you in such a hurry?” Yixing rubbed the back of his head. “Oh, I was um, I was just trying to get home in time, that’s all.” Luhan nodded. “Mind if I tag along?” Yixing widened his eyes. “P-Pardon? It’s so sudden. Well, I don’t mind but I th-” “Cool, so where do you live Yixing?”

 

Opening the door Yixing announced his arrival. “I think my mom is out in the back somewhere.” He tells Luhan walking into the living room. Luhan nods as he wanders around Yixing’s house. Yixing couldn’t help but wonder how this boy was so straight forward but still polite about it, why would he want to go to a strangers house? Was he just lonely? “Nice place, it’s very… welcoming.” Luhan told him exploring his home more. “Thanks?” Yixing questions putting down his backpack on the couch. “You know what I mean.” Luhan looked up at all the photos hanging on the wall by the staircase silently. Yixing cleared his throat. ”Not to be rude or anything but, what made you want to come to my house?” Luhan pursed his lips “I don’t know, you seemed like a cool guy and I was kinda bored walking alone. I wanted to make new friends as quickly as possible.” “So you just make friends with a random person on the street?” Yixing furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. “We go to the same school man. Plus I was in your class once, so we’re not complete strangers.” Luhan noticed Yixing looking at him like he was a stalker and laughed beginning to explain himself more. “Oh, don’t get the wrong idea! I’m not some creep or stalker, I just wanted to be your friend..” Luhan paused “This may not be an appropriate way to start a friendship but it’s worth a shot.”

 

Yixing’s mom steps into her house and sees her son talking to himself until she spots another person across from him. She fixes her dress and rushes over. “Yixing, why are you home so early?” She enters the living room with a small shovel and a handful of flowers. Before he could answer her, she turned to Luhan smiling politely. “And who is this? A friend!?” She asks in thrill. “Hello ma’am, my name is Luhan.” He grins with a bow. “Luhan? That’s such a beautiful name.” She compliments. “So how did you meet this pretty girl Yixing?” Yixing widened his eyes shocked. Luhan also had his eyes widened stuttering with an embarrassed expression. “Oh, no ma'am! I’m no-” “Don’t be so modest sweetie, you are very pretty.” She paused and said in a low tone “Even though your voice is a bit deep..” Yixing’s mom paused once more “You should be proud to have such beautiful looks! Take me for example.” Yixing’s mom smiled flipping her hair. “Mom, she is a he!” His mom looked at Luhan with wide eyes. “I beg your pardon..” Yixing sighed “Luhan isn’t a girl, he’s a boy!” Luhan nodded in agreement. “Boy or girl, he is very pretty. The point is, I am very happy you two are friends!” She expresses then shows Luhan to the kitchen. “Please, sit down and eat.” “Oh, no thank you miss i’m fi-” “Eat.” She firmly tells him. Yixing sighs at his mom’s actions as Luhan gulps. “Yes ma’am.“

 

Weeks later the duo became very close, always at Yixing’s house or a park by the school. Having a friend so quickly was so new to Yixing. He wondered if they would be friends for a long time. He also hoped his newly friend won’t move away abruptly without saying goodbye. Yixing’s mom also adored Luhan, but maybe a bit too much. She was just happy her son had someone to talk and hang out with for once, rather than being locked up in his room doing homework for hours. Soccer was one of the things they both had in common. After school, they would always be at the field kicking around Luhan’s favorite soccer ball or they hung out and listened to music at a less popular record store since Luhan knew a few of the workers there.

 

~ 4 Months Later~

 

During break, Luhan waited for Yixing by his locker quietly judging his own dirty sneakers. “I need to clean these shoes again, man they’re so worn out.” “Maybe you should buy a new pair soon.” Luhan looks up to see Yixing getting out assignments from a binder. “Can’t, I need to use my money wisely.” “You have a point. Just use soap and water to clean them that’ll get the dirt off.” Luhan sighs “I did that already, plus the dirt marks will still be noticiable. Man these are my favorite pair, if only they could last forever.” “Nothing lasts forever, except air.” Luhan nods but disagrees deep down. Grabbing his notebook, Luhan shuts his locker changing the subject. “Well, catch ya later, i’m gonna be late for class. Oh! And don’t forget our soccer match!”

 

Fourty minutes into class, Yixing sits with his group tuning out their discussion on the project and hums to a Journey song doodling on his paper. ”Is that Mystery Mountain? Niiiice.” Yixing stops and looks behind his shoulder glancing at his classmate. “Yeah, it’s one of my favorite songs.” His classmate nods ”I like Journey as well with some AC/DC and Queen.” Yixing nods back slowly. Throughout the class they talked about music and what band would last to the year 2010. After school Yixing invited his classmate to his house and swapped vinyl records. “Oh, I forgot to ask, what’s your name?” “It’s Seungjo. And you are?” “Yixing.” Seungjo puts out his hand signaling Yixing to shake hands. “Nice to meet you.”

 

Kicking his soccer ball around on a parks lawn, Luhan checked his watch again contemplating if his friend will show up or not. About fifteen minutes later Yixing came sprinting across the field calling out to Luhan. “What happened to you?” Luhan yelled cupping his hands over his mouth. “I was with Seungjo, we were talking about music, pass it over!” Luhan kicked the soccer the ball hard sending it past Yixing. “Who’s that? A new friend of yours?” “Yeah, we met in my last class.”

 

After two hours of playing soccer, Yixing picked up the ball and jogged over to Luhan. “Mano Mano! That’s a foul man!” Luhan joked with him. Almost out of breath Yixing kicked it to Luhan softly and sat on the grass. “It’s kind of cool how we bonded over music, this is all new to me, you know?” “I guess, since you never really had friends before… not saying that in a uncool way.” Yixing put his hand up slightly “It’s cool man. But i’m glad that we’re really close friends, I never had a friend for this long. Besides, there’s like no secrets or anything bad between us, so it’s all good.” Luhan stayed silent for a few seconds then fiddled with his soccer ball. “..Yeah.”

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hey guys! Welcome to the 70's✌ lol 

I know I didn't post up this new chapter T____T and i'm really sorry for forgetting :( but it's up now and I truly hope you'll like this new story with Yixing/Lay and Luhan as the new main characters ^_^ along with a new OC Seungjo! btw, How's the story so far? :3 let me know !! 

Part 1 of this New Chapter is up and ready!!! I think you'll really like this one, it's very... dramatic. O_O

And as always 

Every Friday I will be posting up new parts for the 3rd Chapter!!! 

Lastly! Please comment! Tell me what you think of this fic!!! Also, ignore any mistakes I will fix them! :D Enjoy reading~