Chapter One:First Meeting

[Exo] Eternally (New Fic!)

~1659~

 

Humming softly, the young boy admires the nature around him. Birds chirping cheerfully, the sun peeking through tree branches swayed slowly from the wind. It was a soothing ambiance for him. Walking deeper into the woods he spots a nearby creek and leans closer to view his faint reflection. He smiles at himself but soon frowns. The king of his land picked him to wed his only daughter. He wondered why it had to be him and not another man who was more associated with his ruler. ”All is not well.” The youth moves away from the creek and continues to walk on the trail returning home. Whistling a soft tune, he begins to sing “Have you lost your way again? The night air is still cold. I am worried of leaving you alone, I leave the road and follow behind you~” He reaches the end of the woods and hums once more. Strolling into the villiage he waves happily at people who greet him or shyly smiles at girls who praised him for his looks. Pale skin and big brown eyes that complimented his pink full lips. Even his soft black hair that was swept back neatly attracted girls easily. Not to mention the young man’s family was rich and powerful. But after secretly finding out the king wanted to merge the two familes out of greed, the boy wanted nothing to do with him.

 

Entering a small library he walks down to the last row opening a hidden small door that led underground. Taking small steps down the stairs, he hears a man reading as pages are shuffled. “Good day sir!” He says to the man while he observes the room. Shelves filled with books about odd tales and legends were collecting dust slowly. He eyed strange objects that were kept in glass cases or paintings hanging tightly on the walls. It all intrigued him. “I see you have decided to come back here.” The man paused setting his papers aside. “What is it this time your royal highness?” The boy looked up from a book and turned to the man. “It is Kyungsoo, and I wish you would stop calling me that.” The older man laughed nodding. “You will no longer be addressed by your given name once you wed the daughter of our ruler.” Kyungsoo closed the book in anger and put it back in its place. “And if I choose to not marry her?” He asked watching him take out a scroll. “That will do no good.” The man rolls up the scroll putting it away. “No good? Do I not have a choice?” “I was talking about the scroll, and no, you do not.” The man sighs facing Kyungsoo and continues “In all honesty, your highness, you will have to marry the girl whether you love her or not. The girl will be beautiful, so I do not know why you are complaining so much about this.” Kyungsoo groans. “The king is greedy for power and money, he could care less about our family. Once I wed the girl, he will find a way to get rid of us.” “That may be true but I do not think our king is that cruel.” The man flipped pages slowly and continued to read about tales dated years ago.

 

Kyungsoo hovered over his shoulder reading along in fascination. 'Sorcery & Witchcraft, Spirits, Ghouls, and Mythical Creatures.' He read as the pages turned. The man stopped on a page unexpectedly that read “The Fountain of Youth” Kyungsoo was very curious about the tale and read its story and the other versions it included. One version was the water fountain, a spring that you drink or bathe in. Another was the philosophers’ stone, a legend that is called elixir of life; useful for achieving immortality. But the last one caught his attention. A cup that will give you eternal life, drinking from this cup with any liquid will turn to gold. “Are you looking for immortality sir?” The man looked over at Kyungsoo. “This book says there is a separate book that tells you where it is located.” “And you have not found it yet, have you?” The man closes the big book and puts it away ushering Kyungsoo to come closer. He speaks quietly “I do know that the book is in this very library, but I searched every shelf and I can not seem to find it!” Kyungsoo smiles knowing he has a chance to find it for the both of them. “If you can not find it, I will search for it with you.” Kyungsoo looks out the small hidden window and gasps. “I must go, fair thee well sir!” Kyungsoo runs up the stairs to return to his home.

 

Returning to the castle, Kyungsoo is abruptly greeted by his mother and servants holding clothes and accessories. “Kyungsoo, my sweet child.” She said with a joyous tone. “Mother, what are you up to now?” He furrowed his eyebrows looking behind her at all the servants. “Well I had a thought. Since you will be married soon, I went out and picked the finest silks, and jewels just for you.” She held her son’s arm softly and took him to his room. With a clap, two servants brought out outfits that were made of silk or had bands of gold braid. Another servant came in with a pair of gloves that had the tips of the glove’s fingers trimmed off in order to admire the jewels that were hidden by the glove. “Which one do you think your wife will adore seeing you in?” She asked him with a smile. “Mother, please.” Kyungsoo grumbled and pulled his arm away glaring lightly. “Kyungsoo, these are the most extravagant outfits in the village. If this is not what you are looking for I can have the servants bring in more if you would like?” Kyungsoo let out a deep sigh and moved away from his mother. “Forgive me but, may I have a word with my mother? Alone?” He told his maids and watched them vacate the room. 

 

Confused by his behaviour she says “Do you not like the outfits? They will bring more once they have fin-” “It has nothing to do with the outfits!” He suddenly raises his voice. Taken aback by his sudden outburst she waits silently. “Why must I marry a women that I have never met?” “Not this again Kyungsoo. I will not talk to you about this. I already told you.” She responded quickly walking out of his room. Pausing at the front of his door she sighed and turned towards him. “It is your duty Kyungsoo, so fulfill it well.” Kyungsoo made a dissatisfied expression as he watched her exit his room. Letting out another sigh he decided to head over to his library.

 

Inside the library, Kyungsoo was flipping pages in thick books searching for anything about or relating to immortality. He finds a few chapters discussing about the fountain and the spring but it was all pretty much the same. Closing up the book, Kyungsoo suddenly remembers what had happened earlier this evening. Grumbling at the thought, he climbs another ladder searching for more books. “Why must she do this!? Wife? What wife!?” He scoffs. “If she really cared for me, she would let marry whoever I love.” Kyungsoo blows off the dust on the book and climbs down. A pile of books begin to cover half of his bed while he paces around his room. Upset and bored with nothing else to do, Kyungsoo wonders if he should get some fresh air at the villiage’s market to clear up his mind.

 

Cautiously walking down stairs, he sneaks past the guards and dashes outside searching for the nearest gate. Locking his eyes on a gate, he makes sure no other guards are near and runs towards it hopping over swfitly. Laughing to himself, he dusts off his pants and heads to the market. Strolling past all the stands Kyungsoo observes everyone discussing about their day with friends and family or tell jokes as they laugh with one another. He smiles at the scene while villagers bowed to him as soon as they recognized him. Bowing back with a smile, he spots the old man standing in front of the library sweeping away crunched up leaves. “Arthur!” Kyungsoo called out. The man looked up and waved to him calling him over. Jogging over to the library, a young man blocks Kyungsoo’s path without warning. “Excuse me your highness, but I do remember hearing you say that we will spend time together once everything has settled down.” The young boy told him crossing his arms over his chest. “Forgive me Jongin, but I am very busy at the moment. How about..” Kyungsoo goes quiet thinking about his schedule. “... In a few days? You know how my mother is about this-” “Yes, I know. The wedding. That’s all you ever talk about!” Jongin interrupted him as he began to feel annoyed. Kyungsoo sighs “It is an arranged marriage Jongin, what do you want me to do about it?! I have no control over this. I apologize for not spending time with you and the others but I am really busy right now.” “Fine.” Jongin watches Kyungsoo wave to him as he returns to the shop where his friends are resting in.

 

Looking around the library, Kyungsoo and Arthur decided to search for the book since it was starting to get late and no one would be interested in the library at this hour. “Have you found it your highness?” Arthur poked his head out of an aisle. “Please do not call me that. And no, I have not.” Kyungsoo called out looking through the last section. “It is around here, I know it!” Arthur said to himself moving one book after another to the other side of the same shelf. After an hour or two, Kyungsoo slumped down on a chair watching Arthur look around the library more. “We will never find it at this rate sir.” Kyungsoo rested his head on his arm. “Do not worry your highness, I will keep looking tomorrow. The sun is setting so go now before anyone finds you out here so late.” Giving Arthur a nod, Kyungsoo runs out of the library and instantly bumps into someone causing himself to fall on top of them. This wasn’t the first time his clumsiness got him into a mess. Apologizing over and over again about not watching where he was going, Kyungsoo goes quiet, captured by her gorgeous face.

 

Now at a loss for words, he can only stare at her not knowing what to do. Kyungsoo can barely hear what she’s saying due to the sunset radiating her face beautifully while heveanly music played in his head without a reason. Soon her clouded words begin to come clear. Kyungsoo tilts his head in confusion. “Pardon?” She sighs “Can you please get off me, your royal highness?” Kyungsoo apologizes once more as he gets off of the girl helping her up. Dusting herself off, she tells him that it’s fine and to try and be more careful next time. Before she could head back home, Kyungsoo stops her and asks “Excuse me but, may I ask.. what is your name?” He smiles shyly. “It is Aara your highness.” She replies. “Aara.. that is a beautiful name.” He compliments her. “Thank you, your highness.” Kyungsoo shakes his head. “Please, call me Kyungsoo.”

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Holy !@%$$%!!!!!! lol so it is FINALLY UP!!!! The first chapter of Eternally is up!!! I repeat, the 1st chapter is posted up!!!!!! /celebrates in excitment/ Okay for the people who have not heard about this just read the description lol 

Every Two Weeks on a Friday I will be posting up new parts of the chapter for the this fic since the overall chapter is more than 10,000 words. I hope that is alright with you all...

Lastly, I know I keep saying this but I am just so happy okay?! I’ve worked on this for a year and 3 months and I am just so proud that I get to post it today!!! Please enjoy this new fic i’m still new to this since I prefer one shots. But really, I hope you enjoy this fic and let me know your thoughts on it! Okay? 

Thank you~  (Also, if there are any mistakes please forgive me >< there isn't a title for each chapter but for right now I'm just leaving it as it is. And obviously some things might not be legit since i’m not from the 1600′s and I know my writing isn’t middle english since it’s suppose to be in the 1600′s ... but... it was a bit hard ._.) *sigh* Anyways.... Enjoy!!