ERROR

ERROR

Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5YqyDClWgU

 


 

2063

 

A 13-year-old girl entered in the abandoned house after her family moved in there. She looked around the place with an expression of fear. She walked downstairs until she arrived at the basement and walked in the corridor. She saw how the walls were broken and old. Soon, she stopped as she saw a lab with a broken door. She titled her head to a side and gulped before taking her guts and entering in the place. It was dark inside but there were some lights thanks to the computers. She was amazed that those computers still worked through the years. 

 

She kept walking until she arrived at a plataform and touched the surface. 

 

- " Amazing ". She whispered while admiring the place. She turned around through the bookshelf and she narrowed her eyes as she noticed a sparkling object. She walked toward there and grabbed it. It was a metal heart. The girl looked at the heart with curious and amazement. She was too focus admiring the heart that she didn't hear her father father calling her.

 

- " Eun Ji-ah! ". A man stepped inside of the lab. " There you are! I was looking for you through all the house! ". He whined as he approached toward her. " What are you holding? He asked as he kneeled down to her level.

- " Dad, look! It's a heart! ". The girl called Eun Ji exclaimed as she held out the heart with both hands.

 

Her father took a look at it and then smiled.

 

- " You found the Heart of Eternal Love! ". He beamed.

- " Heart of Eternal Love? ". Eun Ji asked as she titled her head to a side. Her father nodded in response.

- " This heart was made by the bodies of two cybers that used to be in love to each other ".

- " Wow! Really? ".

- " Aha... and there is a story behind of this heart ". Her father explained.

- " And you know it? ".

- " Of course I know it! ".

- " Tell me dad! Tell me! ". Eun Ji jumped in excitement. Her father chuckled and ruffled her hair and sat on the plataform, patting on his side so her daughter could sit next to him.

- " But it's a long story ". He warned her.

- " I don't care! We have the whole day to listen the story ".

 

Her father chuckled and nodded.

 

- " Alright, then let's start...... ".

 


2050

 

 

Eun Seo was walking around her father's abandoned house since her father, a famous and succesful scientist and inventor, died on a plane accident with no reason, it was a mysterious and unknown accident that even the police didn't know the cause of the accident. But after at all, she didn't know him since her parents got divorced when she was 6 and she left with her mother. Unfortunately, her mother died because of Alzheimer when she was just 15. Now being a 21 year old woman, she was able to live alone with no problem.

She looked around the cold and white corridor, which had a lot of doors. With curiosity, she opened one of the doors and poked her head in as she took glances at the inside of the room. Since it was dark, she just entered in and turned the lights on. She looked around and realized that it was a lab. She started to walk around, admiring the invents her father create during the years. As she kept walking, she noticed a big capsule. Curious, she approached toward the capsule and took a glance on the inside of the capsule. Then she saw a human body. She gasped in horror as she jumped back and cupped with her hands. She looked back at the capsule and spotted a word written in the middle  but it was covered with dust. She reached a hand and removed the dust away.

 

- " Hyuk... ". She whispered as she read it. She gulped as she took the courage and finally opened the door of the capsule. What Eun Seo didn't know was that the human inside there had some sparkling veins in his arms and she grew confused about it.

Just then, she spotted a lever. Little did she know that this lever was the power to turn Hyuk on. As she pulled the lever upwards, the capsule started to make weird sounds. As she looked at the boy, Hyuk's eyes suddenly opened and revealed asilver coloured eyes. Eun Seo screamed in fear as she jumped back and crossed her arms as a shield.

Hyuk's eyes turned into brown coloured eyes as he titled his head to a side. Suddenly he speaks.

 

- " Hello, my name is Hyuk ". He said in a robotic way.

 

Eun Seo scanned him from head to toe. He looked like a human but he wasn't acting like one, especially his way to speak. She let her arms fell on her sides as Hyuk got out of the capsule and went toward her. She took a step back, afraid that he might do something to her. Hyuk stood in front of her and lifted his left hand. Suddenly, a sparkling light sprayed on his palm, revealing a digital screen.

 

- " What the- ". She was about the curse when a video played on the screen.

 

Hello? Camera 1,2,3... 

 

- " Dad? ". Eun Seo narrowed her eyes to see clearly. It was definitely her father.

 

Hello Eun Seo. It's been a long time since the last time I saw you, maybe when you were 6, huh?

 

Her father chuckled.

 

Anyways, I have to tell this before they come for me

 

- " They? ". She whispered and crossed her arms since she sudden realized how cold the lab was.

 

You can see Hyuk, right? He's a cyber programmed to help people with human domestic needs like cooking and tidying the room. This is one of my last but amazing piece of art in the whole world. Unfortunately, the goberment of South Korea thinks that Hyuk is a danger to the human society because he has some ' illegal information 

 

- " Illegal information? ". " Wait... that only can be from China or Russia ". She thought.

 

 

 And that's why they are trying to find him. I don't know what is going to happen to me but promise me one thing, protect Hyuk with your life, teach him how to be a human, and never let them take him away. This is my last gift for you. Be safe and any questions you have, check on my computer. It has all the information you will need.

 

 

Her father said as he leaned closer to the screen. 

 

 

Eun Seo-ah... please forgive me for being away all these years, take care of yourself and Hyuk. I love you

 

 

Eun Seo didn't know why but she felt tears rolling down her cheeks as her heart ached in pain. She saw her father smiling and waving at her before the screen goes black.

 

- " Dad... ". She gulped and looked down, feeling more tears falling. " I didn't even have the chance to answer your letter, I didn't take a look on them. I couldn't even call you for yout birthday, and I also don't know when it is. I'm such a cruel daughter ". She whispered as she fell on her knees and held her chest. As she kept blaming herself, she felt something soft at the side of her head. She looked up and saw Hyuk holding a handkerchief in front of her. She sniffened and took it.

 

- " Thanks... ". She mumbled as she wiped the tears away with the handkerchief.

- " Why is water releasing from your eyes? ". Hyuk asked.

- " Those are not water ". Eun Seo replied as she took a deep breath before standing up. " Those are tears ".

- " Tears? ".

- " Yeah. You released them when you feel sad or..when you are mad or happy at something. It's a way to express your emotions ". She replied. 

 

Hyuk nodded in understanding.

 

" Don't worry dad, I will protect him. You can count on me ". She nodded to herself and turned to Hyuk. 

 

- " So Hyuk, do you know the password of my dad's computer? ". She asked as she reached toward the computer on desk near her.

- " It's Ms. Jang's birthday ". He replied.

- " Just call me Eun Seo ".

- " Alright Ms. Eun Seo. It's your birthday ".

 

She sighed and shook her head. She wrote down the password. Once the computer was on, she clicked in the file ' Hyuk '. There were so many videos and finally she clicked the one with title ' Change Mode '.

 

- " Change Mode? ". She asked.

 

 

If you are tired to hear Hyuk with his robotic speaking, press your thumb digit on the back of his neck. That way, he will change into human mode. But remember, once you change the mode, he will act like a newborn, knownless and unexperienced 

 

- " So... press my thumb digit on the back of his neck... ". She quickly went to Hyuk and checked his back. She cursed herself that this ' Hyuk ' must be taller than her. " Thanks dad, you must create Hyuk with a tall height ". She sarcastically said while rolling her eyes as she dragged a chair and stepped on it. She spotted the back of his neck and without hesitating, she pressed her thumb on his neck and a light blue spark appeared around her thumb. Suddenly, Hyuk started to shake like a mixer and Eun Seo stepped back as she stared at Hyuk with shock. " Don't tell me that I break it?! ".

 

Then Hyuk stopped moving and slowly looked up and met her eyes. Eun Seo blinked twice and started to approach toward him.

 

- " Hyuk? ". She called him. " Are you okay? ". She softly asked.

 

Hyuk blinked as he looked around. Then he looked back at her.

 

- " Who are you? ".

- " My name is Eun Seo? ".

- " Where is my master? ".

 

" Master? ". Then she realized who he was talking about. " He must be talking about dad ". She then looked away, feeling a little bit down.

 

- " In heaven ".

- " Heaven? What is heaven? ".

- " You don't know? ". She asked with widen eyes. " how is that possib- ". Then she remembered what her father said in the video. She looked at him as she cleared . " Anyways, let's go to the living room ".

- " Living room? ". He asked.

- " Just follow me ".

 

 

The two of them headed to the living room and Hyuk looked around. He started to walk around the living room while Eun Seo was awkwardly standing there, watching his moves.

 

- " So tell me Hyuk... how old are you? ".

- " I don't know ".

- " Oh... then let's say you have the same age as me. I'm 21 by the way ". She said as she sat on the couch. " How about your love life? Have you experienced love before? ". She then covered with her hand and cursed herself for saying just a stupid and useless things. Hyuk stopped walking and looked at her.

- " What is love? ".

- " Uh? Oh... Love is a feeling.... how should I explain this... for example; when you like someone or something that makes you happy and you don't feel lonely ".

- " Lonely? ". He asked.

- " Yeah ". She then scanned his expression. " You don't know what does it means, right? ".

 

Hyuk looked up while thinking and looked back at her as he shook his head. She sighed and stood up.

 

- " We have a lot of things to learn, come on ". She said as she walked toward him and grabbed his wrist, dragging him to the library.

 

 

 

 


 

Days has passed and Eun Seo taught Hyuk everything about human life, like speaking, reading, writing, the way how to eat, to wash himself and human's manners. Also they started to become closer like friends until they become best friends. Eun Seo was glad to meet someone like Hyuk, even though he acted like a knownless person who is curious to learn. But as months passed, not just their friendship grew up,also her feelings for Hyuk started to show. But she tried to control herself from falling for a cyber, because it was wrong.

 

Eun Seo was washing the dishes while thinking what to do with her feelings. She was really confused and she didn't know what to do about it. Then her thoughts were interruped with Hyuk's voice.

 

- " Do you need help? ". He asked.

- " Uh? Oh... no, I'm fine ". She said with an awkward smile. " How was the movie? ".

- " It was good, I learned a lot about human's interactions. Is that possible for me to float in the water? ". He asked as he sat on the island's chair.

 

Eun Seo giggled and nodded.

 

- " Of course ".

- " Is that possible for me.... to find love? ". 

 

Eun Seo stopped washing the dishes and turned her attention to him.

 

- " Will be possible for me? ". He asked and lifted his gaze toward her.

 

Eun Seo softened as she turned off the sink and wiped her damp hands with a towel before walking toward him. She sat next to him and grabbed his hand.

 

- " Of course you will. But... first you need to learn how to act like a human. People can figure out that you're a cyber, that will put you in danger ".

- " Even though I'm a cyber... will someone love me as who am I? ". He asked as slight of hurt appeared in his eyes.

- " Sure she will.... ". She said with faintly smile.

- " How about you? ". He suddenly asked, making her to open her eyes widely in shock. " Will you love me, despise I'm a cyber? ".

- " Hyuk... ". She was speechless when he said that.

- " Because when I see you... I don't feel lonely. I feel... happy ". He confessed.

 

Her heart started to beat fast as he cheeks turned into a pink tone.

 

- " What are you talking about? ". She asked.

 

Hyuk reached his hand toward her face and her left cheek.

 

- " I like you, Eun Seo ". He finally said as his eyes landed on her lips. He started to lean closer while slowly closing his eyes. Eun Seo took a deep breath before closing her eyes too. Their lips were about to touch when they heard a loud sound. They pulled themselves apart and glanced around. All the house turned into red light as the siren constantly sounded. Eun Seo glanced at the monitor from the kitchen. 

 

Alert! Intruders invading the house!

 

 

Her eyes widened when the screen changed, revealing three men in black trying to open the main door. 

 

- " What is going on? ". Hyuk asked with panic and concern.

- " We have to get out of here ". Eun Seo said as she grabbed his hand and the two started to run around the big house. They went downstairs to the basement level and tried to find a place to hide. Suddenly, they heard the shouts of the men. Eun Seo started to panic as she dragged Hyuk to one of her father's lab. As they entered in, she locked the door and looked around to find a place to hide Hyuk. She then found a door, with was a small room where her father put all his instruments and chemistries. She dragged toward there and stopped to look at him. " Look Hyuk. I will hide you while I distract those men. Once I'm out of this lab, you have to escape and run with your life and get out of this house... ".

- " Wait, what? ".

- " Once you are out, you have to find a place to stay or leave the country. You're not safe here ".

- " How about you? ".

 

She gulped by the thought. She might not survive in this.

 

- " Don't worry about me, I will be fine ".

- " No! I won't leave you! I can't! ". He cried out as he started to show real tears in the corner of his eyes.

 

She never thought that a cyber could really shed tears. To calm him, she cupped his cheeks with her small hands as she looked straightly at him.

 

- " Don't be scared, you are making me to be scared too ". She softly said as she wiped his tears away. He sniffened and looked down before looking at her in the eyes.

- " I love you ". He finally said.

 

Eun Seo gulped as she managed to not cry and pressed her lips on his as she let a tear to fell on her cheek. 

 

" Be safe, Hyuk ". She thought as she pulled away from the kiss and rested her forehead on his. Their moment was interrupted when they heard bangs from the door. Eun Seo panicked as she opened the door and pushed Hyuk inside. 

 

- " Don't! ". He shouted.

- " Don't come out and don't make a sound, got it? ". She said and closed the door. She leaned against it and took a deep breath before heading toward the door, not before grabbing a bat. She reached toward the door until it abruptly opened, making her to jump back as she stared in shock at the three men. 

 

In the other hand, Hyuk could see her through the window and his heart raced in fear as he saw the men surrounding Eun Seo. Suddenly he felt something weird in his system. Something bad, really bad. Like he had no control and wanted to destroy them.

 

- " Where is he? ". One of the men asked.

- " I don't know what are you talking about ". Eun Seo said as she gripped onto the bat.

- " Don't play with us girl and tell us where is the cyber ".

- " You guys killed my father and you want to take Hyuk and destroy him? If you want to do it, you have to pass me first ". She bravely said as she glared at the men.

- " As you wish, princess ". Another man said as he approached toward her. Without hesitating, Eun Seo hit him in the stomach with the bat but another man immediately took it away from her. Suddenly, she gasped when she felt a sharp stabbing in her upper body. Trembling, she looked down and saw a stain of red in her white blouse.

 

Hyuk's eyes widened in anger as he witnessed the scene. He saw Eun Seo slowly falling in her knees until she collasped on the floor while breathing heavily. He started to pant heavily because of the anger and let a scream before he bursted out the door with red eyes. The men saw him and approached to him as they tried to punch him. Hyuk evaded the punch and kicked a man the face as he twisted another man's wrist before throwing him to the other side of the lab. The third man tried to stab him with the knife but Hyuk avoided it and took him away, stabbing the man on his knees as he yelped in pain. Hyuk took out the knife from his knee and he was about to stab the man in the head when a hand grabbed his heel. He turned around and shot a death glare at the person who was grabbing his heel but immediately softened when he saw Eun Seo with pale skin and sweat in the sides of her face.

 

- " Don't.... ". She paused as she gulped and inhaled. " Remember... who you are.... ". She whispered.

 

Hyuk's eyes then turned to his normal brown color as he let the knife to fell on the ground. He looked at his surroundings and saw the three men lying on the ground while groaning in pain. To take advantange of this moment, he lifted Eun Seo up in a bridal style and headed out of the lab. He ran toward the main lab of Eun Seo's father and locked the door before lying Eun Seo on a plataform.

 

- " Eun Seo-ah.... ". He whispered as he caressed her cheek. He looked at her with hurt, seeing her dying in front of his eyes. He was in the edge of crying as he grabbed her cold hand and dragged it toward his cheek. 

- " Don't cry... ". She whispered. 

 

He softly started to sob, not knowing what to do. It was impossible to cure her wound since there wasn't any first-aid kit around and she already lost too much blood. He looked at his surroundings and then an idea popped into his mind.

 

" That's it! ".

 

He gently placed her hand on her wound and then headed toward the computer. He started to type on the computer as he checked on the machines that in the roof and saw them moving.

 

 

" Operation mode activated ".

 

He took a deep breath and glanced at a almost lifeless Eun Seo, seeing her chest was slowly moving up and down. He then approached toward her as he grabbed her right arm and inyected her a needle in the veins of her wrist.

 

- " What... what are you doing? ". She weakly asked, almost her eyes closed.

- " Turning you into a cyber ".

- " W-What?... ".

- " It's the only way to save you ".

- " Hyuk-ah.. ".

- " I won't let you die, okay?! ". He shouted as tears rolled down his cheeks. " Just trust me, okay? ".

 

Eun Seo didn't say anymore and nodded in the end. Hyuk went back to the computer as he started to type on it.

 

 

" Iniciating the operation ".

 

 

" I hope it works ". He thought. Suddenly, he heard lound bangs from the door. He ran toward there and with his eyes, he threw red lasers as he melted the knob of the door, trying to win some time so the operation could be succesful. Once he melted the knob, he glanced back at Eun Seo. The operation started and the machines were doing their job. 

 

He remembered how those machines recreate him to become a cyber. One of Hyuk's secrets was that... he was once a human. But after a terrible explosion of a gas station, Eun Seo's father found him almost in the edge of death. He took him to his house and turned him into what he is now.

 

~ Flashback ~ 

 

- " Where am I? ". Hyuk asked as he looked at Eun Seo's father with confusion.

- " You are at my house. I saved you from an explosion ".

- " Am I not dead? ". Hyuk then glanced at his arm and startled when he saw sparkling veins in it. " What have you done to me?! ".

- " Like I said. I saved you. You had serious burns in the screen and you had at least 15% to survive, so I changed you into a cyber ".

- " Cyber? ".

 

Eun Seo's gave him a small smile and nodded. Hyuk didn't know if he should be thankful for saving him or being angry for turning him into a monster.

 

- " I had some problems during the operation... ".

- " What kind of problems? ".

- " Your brain... is still weak and I didn't found a replacement for it ".

- " So it means... ".

- " Until I find that cure then you must be in a capsule to keep you alive ". He paused. " But there are some consequences about that... ".

- " Like? ".

- " You might forget about how to act like a human, like eating, speaking. Since your system was replaced for a cyber instead of a human, with the pass of the time you will turn into a cyber ".

 

Hyuk was speechless. He didn't want to be a cyber forever.

 

- " But don't worry. I will find a way so you can act like a human again ".

- " Really? ".

- " Trust me. I worked with robots before. I think I can find a solution for this ".

- " Okay ". Hyuk finished as he glanced at the picture of Eun Seo when she was little. Someohow, he felt bright when he saw that picture and he started to wonder how did you look like now.

 

 

~ End of the Flashback ~

 

 

" Operation almost done ".

 

Hyuk looked up and headed toward where Eun Seo was. Her wound disappeared as he started to see sparkling lights from the veins of her arms.

 

- " OPEN THE DOOR BEFORE I BLOW YOUR HEADS OFF! ". The man from early shouted as he kicked the door multiple times.

 

" Operation completed ".

 

Hyuk glanced back at Eun Seo as he kneeled down to take a look of her. Her eyes were closed while peacefully breathing than before. Hyuk was happy that Eun Seo was still alive but he knew that the door won't last forever. He had to do something before those men destroy the both of them. Little did he knew that Eun Seo opened her eyes and now she was looking at him with confusion.

 

- " Hyuk? ". She softly called him.

- " I'm here ". He said as he grabbed her hand.

- " Am I alive? ". 

- " Yeah. You are one like me now ". He said as he caressed her cheek.

 

Eun Seo blinked as she lifted her left arm and she noticed the sparkling veins in her arm.

 

- " Wow... ". That's all she could say.

- " WE HAVE AN ELECTRIC HACKSAW! YOU BETTER OPEN THE DOOR BEFORE WE SHUT THIS DOWN! ".

- " Hyuk? ". She asked as she glanced at the door with concern.

 

 

Hyuk mentally cursed. They were running out of time.

 

" There is only one thing to do ".

 

- " Do you trust me? ". Hyuk asked.

 

Eun Seo doubted for a little, not knowing what to answer him.

 

- " Eun Seo, do you trust me? ". He asked again as he held out his hand. She looked at the hand and bit her bottom lip. She yelped when she heard a loud bang from the door and immediately grabbed his hand with a nod.

 

Hyuk headed toward the computer as he typed a code combination.

 

 

" Disassembling mode activated "

 

 

Hyuk took one last glance at the door before heading toward the plataform and lying next to Eun Seo. He grabbed her hand and squeezed it to comfort her.

 

 

" Iniciating the process "

 

 

Hyuk looked up and saw how the machines were coming toward them as they started to disarm their bodies, one by one. While doing it, Hyuk started to talk to her.

 

- " Once done, they won't be able to find us ".

- " What will happen to us then? ". 

 

Hyuk stayed in silence for a while before answering.

 

- " We will get our freedom in a peaceful way ". He finished and then reached toward her. " I love you ". He whispered.

- " I love you too ". Eun Seo whispered as she closed her eyes.

 

Hyuk gave her his last kiss on her forehead before the machines formed their bodies into a metal heart. One of the machines grabbed the heart and placed it on one of the bookshelves near the plataform, so nobody could find it.

 

The door fell on the ground as the men entered in the lab. They looked around the place as they checked in every corner of the lab, but they didn't find them.

 

- "Aish ". The man cursed as he held out his phone and dialed a number. " Sir, they are gone ". 

 

That's the last sentence he said before leaving the place along with the rest of his men... FOREVER.

 


Back to 2063

 

- " And then what happened? Did they die or something? Tell me dad! ".

- " Well... like I said. Their bodies remained in that heart ". He paused as he pointed at the heart Eun Ji was holding. " But their souls might be in a better place now ". 

- " Wow.... It's so romantic ". She said as she hugged the heart. " But dad... how did you know about this story? ". She asked as she arched an eyebrow.

 

Her father faintly chuckled and ruffled her hair.

 

- " That's a secret, dear ".

- " You and your secrets ". She rolled her eyes and giggled before looking at the heart. " Is there a problem if I keep this heart? ". She asked.

 

He smiled and shook his head.

 

- " Not at all. But you have to take care of it. It's still intact ever since you were born. It might broke it if you let it fall ".

- " Don't worry, dad! I'm not that clumsy ". She giggled. " I will show this to mom ". Eun Ji said as she head off from the lab and walked upstairs. Her father chuckled and shook his head. He looked around and sighed by the memories he experieced thirteen years ago.

 

" I'm sorry for all this chaos. I hope you guys can forgive me one day ". The man thought.

 

 

~ Flashback ~

 

Back to 2050

 

After the men from the goberment left the lab where Hyuk and Eun Seo supposed to be, a man stayed behind to check more. He looked at the computer and grew confused when he saw the screen " Disassembling process completed ". With curious, he clicked on the video of the ' process ' and his eyes widened by the scene.

He lifted his gaze toward the bookshelf and saw the metal heart, resting near some books. 

Guilt and warness filled his heart as he stared at the heart.

 

- " What have we done.... ". He whispered as he sighed and glanced back at the heart. " Don't worry, rest in peace, your secret is safe with me ". He weakly smiled at the heart.

" It can be called ' Heart of Eternal Love ".

- " Agent number 4, did you find something? ". One of the men shouted from upstairs. The man startled a little and cleared his throat before answering.

- " Negative, sir! ". He then looked back at the heart. " Goodbye then ". He whispered before he left the lab, never turning back.

 

~ End of the Flashback ~

 

 

- " Thirteen years later and it still looks fine ". The man chuckled as he glanced around the lab. 

- " Honey! Where are you? Help me with unpacking the boxes! ". A female voice said.

- " Coming, honey! ". He replied. A smile appeared in his face. " I never thought I would see that heart after all these years ". He chuckled. He stood up and looked around the lab one more time before he slowly walked away of there.

 

 

 

 

" Soul mates are said to be two souls 

destined to be together,

programmed to recognize each other

across the time and space "

 

 

 

THE END

 

 

 


 

That was the end of this fanfic.... I don't know if you would be pleased with the end but I hope you enjoyed reading it.

Please subscribe and comment! :D

HAve a nice day~ Bye bye ^^