Heal your soul, mend your heart

Heal your soul, mend your heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One fine day on a weekend at a coffee shop which trio always meets up after a long hectic week days to catch up about things in their lives and this weekend it occurs like weekly basis. But something that Jiyeon is going to tell her two best friends, it’s going to change them forever.

“Eunjung unnie, Hyomin unnie, I got something to tell you” Jiyeon is smiling brightly as she decides to announce a news to them.

“And that is…..” Eunjung looks up from her vanilla cake while Hyomin is taking sip from her drink looking at Jiyeon through her cup.

“I’m finally dating Seungho oppa now” Jiyeon hides her shyness by covering her face with her hands. Eunjung drops her fork while Hyomin coughs her latte. Jiyeon peeks through her fingers.

“Why , you guys don’t like him?” Jiyeon starts to fear.

“No, no, it’s not like that .I’m happy for you Jiyeon ah” Eunjung quickly collects herself first and congrats to Jiyeon, but it seems Hyomin is still dazed.

“Thank you” Jiyeon looks so happy to notice Hyomin’s quietness.  Eunjung is fast enough to deal with situation, she nudges Hyomin’s shoulder and she’s brought back her sense.

“Oh, it’s a great news, I’m so happy for you Jiyeonnie” Hyomin gets up and bends to hug Jiyeon

“Thanks Hyomin unnie” Jiyeon hugs Hyomin back.

 “Phew , I’m so relieved that you will support me, I thought you guys would go against him” Jiyeon releases her relieved sigh.

 “What made you think that way, we are happy when you are” Eunjung reasons and steals a glance at Hyomin.

“Yes, of course” Hyomin adds and forces her smile.

After that Jiyeon starts telling her two best friends how Seungho confessed to her, how nice and romantic he is, it’s not hard to see how Jiyeon is attracted to this guy and how fast she is falling in love with him. As her two best friends, Eunjung and Hyomin knows better than to stop Jiyeon’s happiness, they keep listening to Jiyeon’s stories with their broken hearts while forcing their smile through their painful eyes.

 

Jiyeon glances at her wristwatch and hugs her two best friends, before leaving them for her date.

“ Eunjung unnie, please send Hyomin unnie home for me” Jiyeon says

“ No problem” Eunjung pats Jiyeon’s shoulder

“ Have a good time Jiyeon ah” Hyomin hugs Jiyeon before getting on Eunjung’s car.

“Thanks” Jiyeon waves them goodbye before getting on her car.

 

Eunjung and Hyomin are in their own thought and no one says anything during a car ride, they are back to their sense when they hear a honk sound from a car at the back and realize traffic light has already turned green.

“Pabo” Hyomin speaks for the first time after they get in the car

“Yah, I just didn’t notice the signal light it doesn’t mean I’m a pabo” Eunjung defends herself

“You’re absolutely a pabo” Hyomin repeats

“Yah, Park Sunyoung” Eunjung spites 

“Why didn’t you confess to her? Why did you keep waiting until she is taken?” Hyomin asks coldly

“You knew” Eunjung is surprised

“It has been aged I know you Eunjung unnie” Hyomin says

“What’s about you, why were you hesitant, what were you waiting for?” Eunjung gets back to her.

“That’s not the answer” Hyomin says

“Why should I give you my answer when you can’t even give yours?” Eunjung reasons

 “I just wish you were brave enough to confess to her” Hyomin glances at Eunjung

“Then you are not much different than me , you are a fool” Eunjung says

“Stop the car” Hyomin orders feeling crossed

“Why?” Eunjung wonders

“I want to get off” Hyomin replies

“Hyomin” Eunjung warns

“Stop it” Hyomin repeats, Eunjung got no choice but complies. She pulls her car on the side of the road, Hyomin gets off and walks off on the footpath and disappears into the crowd, Eunjung can only hit her fist on the steering wheel. Pain is emitting in her heart and hot tear starts to fall.  

After the day Jiyeon told her friends about her date, she becomes distance from them and sticks with her boyfriend and gets less time to spend with them leaving Eunjung and Hyomin spending time alone in gloomy atmosphere. Eunjung becomes quite while Hyomin loses all her cheerful self, even though they are sad, they never fail to pay attention to each other and get worried about one another. Eunjung would always call at night making sure Hyomin is home safe and Hyomin always texts Eunjung to ensure she eats well.

“We are pathetic, aren’t we?” Hyomin comments as they are sitting on the top of the hill, they are out of town for camping or to say it right for a self-healing during weekend.

“Yeah, we are” Eunjung accepts as she looks at beautiful scenery in front of her.

“Funny how thing turns out this way” Hyomin continues.

“Life is always funny” Eunjung comments.

 “Have you ever imagined what if either me or you confessed to Jiyeon and ended up with her” Hyomin asks Eunjung

“It could have been more awkward and I’m not sure if we will be the same” Eunjung states

 “It could have been worse if I haven’t got you” Hyomin gives her a grateful smile.

“I’m thankful to you too” Eunjung turns her attention to a girl besides her.

Suddenly the rain starts to pour down, and takes them by surprise, they quickly run to their camp and laugh at themselves.

“Even sky has no mercy on us” Hyomin pouts , Eunjung shakes her head and takes out a towel from her backpack to wipe Hyomin’s hair. Hyomin stops at Eunjung’s action.

“Don’t blame the sky, it’s you who chose to come here during rainy season” Eunjung complains

“And you agreed” Hyomin retorts back

“That’s because I don’t want my best friend to cry all alone in the forest” Eunjung says, Hyomin stops bickering and looks at Eunjung with grateful smile.

“ You are really best Eunjung ah” Hyomin gives Eunjung a side hug.

“ I know I know” Eunjung smiles.

Eunjung and Hyomin finds refuge in each other arm, their healing trip is so much better than they thought, they share same pain, same cry and same experience and all they need is leaning on each other shoulders and be each other strength to go through this hard time, no one can feel the way they feel and understand how hard is for them except them.

******************************************

Finally Jiyeon can find a right time to properly introduce Seungho to her best friends, as they are hanging out together in a pub, which Hyomin keeps interrogating him.

“Hyomin unnie, you are making him scared” Jiyeon playfully complains

“It’s okay Jiyeon, she is just being protective” Seungho smiles

“Thank you for understanding her” Jiyeon gives Seungho a sweet smile and it doesn’t go unnoticed by Hyomin, she looks at them with jealous eyes and it hurts like a hell.

“Please take a good care of her for us Seungho, Jiyeon is so precious to us” Eunjung says

“I’ll do my best noona” Seungho promises

“I’ll make sure you have no land stand if you hurt her” Hyomin threatens

“It will never happen” Seungho gives Jiyeon a promise which makes Jiyeon blush hard.

“Hey, Hyomin unnie, that’s not water” Jiyeon remarks when she notices Hyomin keeps gulping down beer way too much and it’s very unusual for her.

“I’m happy for you Jiyeon ah, just let unnie dirnks” Hyomin smiles.

“ Thank you” Jiyeon mouths to her best friend.

“Okay then cheers” Seungho holds up his glass and makes a toast with all of them

 

The rest of the night they keep drinking until Hyomin got really drunk, Eunjung is drunk too but not worse as Hyomin, she sighs looking at the girl beside her. Jiyeon who just drinks only little and is most conscious offering to drive her two best friends home but Eunjung opposes and asks Seungho to drive Jiyeon home and she will take care of Hyomin.

“Eunjung unnie , are you sure you can drive” JIyeon asks worriedly

“Of course baby, I’ll drive Hyomin home” Eunjung gives her an assuring smile.

“Seungho, please drive Jiyeon home safe okay?” Eunjung puts her hand on Seungho’s shoulder

“Yes, Eunjung noona” Seungho says

“Good boy” Hyomin gives him a wink

“Yah, Hyomin unnie, you are so flirty when you are drunk” Jiyeon sighs.

“Hahaha, our babe is jealous” Hyomin laughs

“I’m not, I’m just worried about you” Jiyeon protests

“ Oh , really?” Hyomin asks

“ Of course, I love you unnie” Jiyeon hugs Hyomin

“ I love you too Jiyeon, I really do” Hyomin says sadly

“Okay, have a good night guys” Eunjung tries to help Hyomin to get on her car before she slips something.

 “ Eunjung, don’t you love Jiyeon, tell her” Hyomin drunkenly says

“You are too drunk Sunyoung” Eunjung pushes her into the car.

Eunjung decides to bring Hyomin to her place because it’s too late and Hyomin’s parents would be shocked to see their only daughter in this state. If Eunjung isn’t drunk, it wouldn’t take too much time to bring Hyomin to her room but both of them are intoxicated enough, they stumble back and forth until they reach the room and both of them slump on the bed tiredly.

“ I’ll never let you get this drunk again Park Hyomin” Eunjung lays next to Hyomin

“Hahaha, you are drunk too Ham Eunjung ” Hyomin laughs but then her laughter turns to sob, Hyomin finally breaks down, Eunjung is startled by the latter’s breakdown.

“Hyomin ah” Eunjung turns her neck to look at Hyomin who is facing the ceiling with tear running down her cheeks.

“ Why does it hurt too much Eunjung unnie? Do you feel the same way too?” Hyomin is sobbing.

“ I know how you feel, it’s like you are suffocating and drowning” Eunjung speaks

“ I thought I would be truly happy for her but when I see them together it hurts me so much” Hyomin’s sob becomes louder, at this time Eunjung knows they can relate to each other’s pain.

“ It would be better if someone stood by her side now was you” Hyomin continued , Eunjung examines Hyomin’s side face.

“That was why you were hesitant and didn’t confess to her” Eunjung concluded

 “ I would be truly happy for you two because you guys are my best friends” Hyomin is crying.

“ Pabo yah, how could I do that to you when I have been fully aware of how you feel for her too” Eunjung sits back up and looks down at Hyomin.

“ Eunjung unnie” Hyomin sniffs, Eunjung reaches out her hands to wipe away Hyomin’s tear.

“ If only I knew this I would walk away and let you end up with Jiyeon” Eunjug reveals

“I can’t betray you either” Hyomin smiles while tear keep running.

“ Please don’t cry Hyomin ah, it hurts so much to see you like this” Eunjung uses her thumb to wipe away Hyomin’s tear and bends down to kiss her forehead

They keep staring at each other’s eyes for a while, Hyomin gulps down her saliva at their closeness, Eunjung lowers her sta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter