Chapter 2

His Smile

Chapter 2

 

TOP unconsciously brought a hand over his heart.  It was beating uncontrollably, with a huge lack of rhythm.  He brought his other hand to his face.  It was hotter than usual.  His eyes widened in bewilderment.  What’s happening?  It couldn’t be…he was nervous?

 [Thank you, Oppa.  -Bae Ma Ri.]

 TOP repeated the name several times before his lips and producing a shy smile. 

 “Bae Ma Ri.”

After ending his little chat with the girl, TOP skipped out of his room only to meet gazes with a haggard G Dragon.  The music genius had huge dark cycles under his eyes, causing TOP to step back a little.

“What happened to you?” TOP asked as he approached his fatigued friend who obviously stayed up the entire night.

“Listen…”  G Dragon grabbed onto his pal’s arm and looked at him seriously.  “I’m writing this song…to apologize…and after that…as the leader, I’ll turn myself in.”  G Dragon tapped his pencil on the paper and then crossed something out.

TOP laughed a little before asking, “Turn yourself in to who?”  He then went to pour himself a glass of water.  

“You’re lucky Choi Seunghyun.  Unlike you, I wasn’t able to sleep after … you know…”

“Hey… she’s alive though.”

Taeyang, who finally fell asleep on the floor, popped out of nowhere.  Daesung unburied himself from under a blanket on the couch.  Seungri crawled out from under a piece of furniture.

“Are you sure?” G Dragon asked first.

TOP nodded assuringly.  “She’s fine.  So stop worrying and get some sleep.  We have a concert coming up.”

“Proof,” Seungri stated, still doubting his hyung’s words.  “I can’t get it off my mind unless you have proof.”

TOP snorted.  He went to open the fridge.  “Hyung is making breakfast?  Want any?”

……

After getting rejected on his offer, TOP found himself eating alone.  He had always liked spending time alone, but didn’t expect it to happen this way.  His bandmates were all fast asleep.  G Dragon changed his song to something much happier and fell asleep at the counter.  But all of a sudden, TOP felt the urge to talk to someone.

[Top] : Bae Ma Ri, Ji Young (GD you know him) spent all night worrying about you.  He was this close to turning himself into the police.

[MaRi] : oppa. i thought you were busy.

[Top] : i was. i had to tell them that you were alive.

[MaRi] : well, i didn’t go. they’re innocent. 

[Top] : Besides the fact that you didn’t believe it was me, why didn’t you go?

[MaRi]: I couldn’t even if i wanted to.

TOP brought his mug to his lips, but didn’t take a sip.  Silently putting the cup down, he reread the line.  He felt his heartbeat race.  

[Top] : Why not?

[MaRi] : I can’t go by myself. I didn’t feel like you’d like me bringing guests along either.

[Top] : So you gave up the change to meet your TOP oppa?

[MaRi]: oppa, are you that disappointed?

[Top] : if you put it that way, yes. your oppa is a little disappointed

Ma Ri brushed her straight black hair behind one ear and leaned closer to her computer.  A little blush was apparent on her face.

[MaRi] : don’t be such a tease.  i’m not a kid

TOP unexpectedly released a sigh of relief.  For a second, he thought he was getting nervous over talking to a kid through a screen.

[MaRi] : oppa, did you just sigh?

TOP looked around him.  He then snorted.  This girl had perfect guessing skills.

[Top] : Bae Ma Ri, oppa is a little scared of talking to you. 

[MaRi]: oppa is scared he can’t keep up?

[Top] : more like he’s scared of having you guess anymore of what he’s doing

[MaRi]: ok. ok. talk to you when you’re prepared

[Top]: what makes you think i’m going to talk again?

[MaRi] : because talking to me makes oppa smile

TOP quickly bit his lip, hiding his smile.  

[Top] : bae ma ri

Ma Ri quickly checked his response.  She titled her head in curiosity when he only wrote her name.  Closing her hazel eyes, she imagined how her name would sound if TOP really said her name aloud.  She set her head back and let her lips curve up.

[Top] : if i made you smile … let me know next time

Bae MaRi covered as she let out a squeal.  Choi Seunghyun was not how she dreamed of him to be, but much, much more.