Bad Sister

Do I Love You?

“Good morning, Chanyeol.” I exclaimed to Chanyeol as he entered the hospital. He just rolled his eyes and walked straight pass me to grandfather’s room and I followed him from behind.

As we entered the room, grandfather was awake while reading a book. He looked up at us and smiled. I bowed my body 90° nervously.

“Are you feeling well, grandfather?” Chanyeol asked grandfather. He just nodded his head. Chanyeol pushed me forward and I looked at grandfather nervously.

“Err… umm… about the expulsion-“

“I won’t expel you. Chanyeol explained everything to me.” Grandfather stated to me and smiled. That’s the first time I’ve seen his smile. “Thank you for what you’ve done to me.”

“It’s alright. Everyone else would’ve done the same, besides, we are family, gramps.” I explained to grandfather nervously and he just nodded his head.

“Now, Chanyeol… You should do what you want to do and not to worry about me.” Grandfather said to Chanyeol firmly. Chanyeol’s eyes widened and tried to protest but grandfather’s glare made him nodded his head in defeat.

 

After visiting grandpa, Chanyeol and I decided to go home.

“Chanyeol, thank you for talking to gramps for me.” I thanked Chanyeol while walking out of the hospital. “So, Chanyeol! Come back to our home! Gramps said you could do whatever you want.” I turned to Chanyeol and walked in reverse. “Mom is so lonely without you, okay?”

Chanyeol just sighed and looked at me expressionless. “Even with my father absent, it’s my home too. I would come back even without your request.”

 

And just like that, normal school life returned for me. Jiyeon ran and screamed my name as she saw me at school and hugged me tightly.

“Welcome back, Yuna! I thought I’d never see you again!” Jiyeon said to me excitedly while I struggled from her embrace. The other students just looked at us like we’re some kind of weirdo.

“Knock it off! No one even knows about it.” I whispered to Jiyeon and managed to escape from her tight embrace.

While Chanyeol… I guess my pushing worked as he returned home.

“Sorry for the trouble I cause.” Chanyeol apologized to mom and bowed his head.

Mom just hugged him while crying. “Chanyeol! Welcome back.”

 

I was walking at the school hallway with Jiyeon while chatting when all of a sudden, a familiar voice called us.

“You two! Don’t be so noisy out here and go to your classroom.” Chanyeol scolded us. I just smiled and waved at him while Jiyeon tried to protest.

 

After school had ended, Jiyeon and I decided to hangout at the café in our neighborhood.

“Jiyeonie, what do you think I should do to get along better with my little brother?” I asked Jiyeon while scrolling through my phone in order to decided which fanfiction I should read.

“You mean the student council president? You sure are working hard as an older sister.” Jiyeon stated to me and snatched my phone. “Did you only read rated M story?”

“DON’T LOOK!” I exclaimed and took my phone back from Jiyeon. “Well, it happened so suddenly and he’s my little brother. Our status and ways of life… They are completely different and it’s pretty tough.”

Now that I think about it after talking with Jiyeon, I realized that I don’t know much about Chanyeol other than he’s cold, smart and rich. After that, Jiyeon and I decided to go home when the sky became darker.

 

“I’m home.” I announced as I entered my apartment and saw Chanyeol helping my mom to prepare the table for dinner. “Hi, Chanyeol. I’m home.” I said to Chanyeol and grinned widely.

“Not going straight home is against school rules. What were you doing?” Chanyeol asked me sternly and I just laughed nervously.

“Oh, I had to research something.” I came up an excuse and scratched my back head.

“Seriously Yuna, where were you?! I thought you were gonna us help assemble.” My mom scolded me and I just looked at her in confusion.

“Assemble?” I asked my mom in confusion and she pushed me to my bedroom.

“Tada! Look, mommy bought a queen sized bed!” My mom announced excitedly and I just fake a smiled at the sight of the queen sized bed in my bedroom. “This is the present that I could think of for Chanyeol’s return.”

My jaw dropped and my face turned red as I became paralyzed because of the queen sized bed. Chanyeol just looked at the bed expressionless then at my mom.

‘Mom, are you seriously asking me to sleep on the same bed with Chanyeol?’ I thought to myself while still frozen.

“What? Is it so nice that you’re at a loss for words?” My mom asked me excitedly but I just turned away from her.

“I-I’m gonna take a shower.” I stated in robotic manner and decided to walk away but stop when my mom grabbed my back collar.

“We’re gonna have dinner so do it after.”

All throughout dinner and shower, the only thing that I could think about was bedtime. Just when bedtime had come, Chanyeol already slept on the bed while I just sat on the floor, hugging my pillow. I was wondering how Chanyeol could just accept anything and already fast asleep.

In the end, I just decided to sleep beside him but my heart won’t stop beating so fast and I’m afraid that Chanyeol could hear it. As I lie beside him, I could feel his body temperature and the urge to touch his hair and skin even with just my fingertips appear. Unconsciously, my body began to move on its own and Chanyeol suddenly woken up by my sudden movement.

“What?” Chanyeol asked me expressionless as he looked up at me.

“Eh?” I looked down at Chanyeol in confusion and it took a few seconds for me to realize that I was hovering him.

I quickly backed away in panic while Chanyeol just sighed and sat up.

“I-I’m… Err… Uh… Sorry…” I stuttered in panic tone. ‘What the hell was I doing!?’

Chanyeol stood up and walked towards the closet to take out the mattress.

“What’s wrong?” I asked Chanyeol out of curiosity.

“Sleeping in one bed is a bit too warm for me. Is your body temperature naturally that high?” Chanyeol asked me as he placed the mattress beside the bed.

“I-I don’t think so. So you want to sleep alone now?”

“Yes. I’ll pass on being awoken every night by someone with such horrible sleeping manners.” Chanyeol explained to me while arranging his pillows.

Before Chanyeol could lie on the mattress, I stopped him by asking a question, “By the way Chanyeol… Why don’t you call me by my name?” When Chanyeol just kept silent, I continued asking, “Is it because I’m your noona that saying my name is hard? In that case-“

“Don’t get the wrong idea.” Chanyeol suddenly cut me off. “Calling each other by our names is just for outside appearances. I don’t want to get closer to you beyond family because I have no interest in you.” Chanyeol explained to me clearly and firmly.

“Then what was that one thing about?! That kiss… You don’t normally do that with someone you don’t care about.” I asked Chanyeol in irritation as he climbed the bed again and approached me.

“You were being a nuisance.” Chanyeol announced and cupped my cheek while I just looked at him nervously. “And that was the most effective way to shut you up.” Chanyeol leaned closer towards me and stopped when our lips were just an inch apart, making my heart beating so fast and my face turned red as I was frozen in my position. “See?” Chanyeol smiled sweetly at me as he stared right into my eyes.

I suddenly pushed Chanyeol away from me in irritation because of his action and exclaimed, “You’re the worst!”

Chanyeol backed away expressionless and stood up from the bed as I lie on the bed with my back facing him in annoyance.

“Maybe I am.” Chanyeol mumbled to himself and smiled sadly while looking at my back.

“I’m gonna sleep! Stupid Chanyeol.” I announced while holding my tears from falling.

 

“Geez, being forced to clean for hanging out after school. You can’t do anything when you live with the prez.” Jiyeon complained to me while walking towards the bathroom.

“Sorry for dragging you into this, Jiyeonie.” I apologized to Jiyeon and sighed.

“Ah, no. It’s no problem.”

As we arrived at the girl’s washroom, I held my tears from falling as I rinse the mop with water. Suddenly, I used the mop to rub the mirror on the wall in irritation while ranting, “WHAT WAS THAT EXPRESSION?! I’M THE ONE WHO’S HURT!”

“What’s wrong, Yuna-ya?! You’re making it dirty! We’re cleaning here!” Jiyeon complained in panic tone and approached me.

I sat on the floor and started to cry as Jiyeon just kneeled beside me and tried to comfort me. I wish I could just hate Chanyeol.

 

“Vice president, there are students who left their books at school.” One of the student council members stated to Naeun as they spot checked the classroom

“Again?! There is a noticeable increase in student’s carelessness lately.” Naeun stated to the student council member.

“Vice president, look!” The student council member called Naeun and she approached him.

Her eyes widened as she saw one of the tables that were so messy with so many things. Naeun looked at the student ID and she sighed in irritation.

“This friggin’ girl with her dyed hair! Ever since she transferred here!” Naeun complained when suddenly, someone tapped her shoulder. “Huh?! President!”

“That will be enough for today. Leave it to me. You two can go home.” Chanyeol stated to Naeun calmly.

“If you say so, president…” Naeun bowed to Chanyeol before she got out of the classroom. “That girl… Why is no one laying a finger on her?”

“You mean Shin Yuna?” The student council member asked Naeun.

“I can’t accept this…” Naeun announced angrily while clenching her fist.

Meanwhile, Chanyeol was looking through my bag and his eyes widened as he saw my phone that was currently stuck.

 

“Phew, I’m tired.” I whined as Jiyeon and I just finished cleaning the washroom and walked back to my class.

“I’m exhausted. You wanna grab some ice cream on the way home?” Jiyeon asked me as she kept fanning herself using my notebook.

“You never learn, do you, Jiyeonie?” Suddenly, I noticed a piece of paper under my blazer that was on the table and read it.

Please come to the chairman’s room
- Park Chanyeol

I crumpled the paper and tried to calm my heart that was currently beating so fast.

“Sorry, Jiyeonie! I just remembered something I have to do! Bye!” I said to Jiyeon and ran out of the classroom, leaving Jiyeon dumbfounded.

While running, the only thing that I could think was what Chanyeol could want from me since this was the first time he had called for me. I didn’t even realize that Naeun had called me as I was running passed her. As I arrived at the chairman’s room, I opened the door without even knocking it and called Chanyeol.

“You still haven’t learned how to knock the door?” Chanyeol asked me sarcastically.

“Sorry.” I apologized to Chanyeol and bowed. “I’m sorry for the terrible things I said yesterday! I just lost control, and…”

“That’s fine. I didn’t call you here to get an apology.” Chanyeol said and showed me my iPhone6 that was still stuck. “This, what were you thinking reading a rated M fanfiction and not just that, the characters are step-siblings?”

‘Ugh! I need to change phone now. Why does it got stuck on that page?!’ I scolded myself in panic.

“I don’t know why you’re reading this but what would mom think if she knows about this? And the two of us have only just become siblings.” Chanyeol turned around and placed the phone on the desk in front of him. “Well, whatever. I’m the only one who’s seen it so to avoid rumors from spreading please refrain from read-“

I cut Chanyeol off and what I did next totally surprised Chanyeol and myself since I pushed him towards the table and kissed him forcefully. Chanyeol’s eyes widened at first but eventually he gave in and closed his eyes but just as I was about to slip my tongue into his mouth, Chanyeol turned his face away and broke the kiss.

“You! We’re at school! What are you thi-?!” Chanyeol scolded me but he suddenly stopped talking as my tears fell on his cheek and his eyes widened as he saw me sobbing above him.

“It’s because of you! Because you kissed me, I-I just don’t know what’s what anymore.” I confessed to Chanyeol while crying.

When I realized it, I could only think of Chanyeol and I can’t go back anymore.

“I’m sorry I’m such a bad sister!” I announced to Chanyeol and ran out of the chairman’s room while crying.

Chanyeol just sighed and grabbed my phone that was now on the carpeted floor. He touched his lips and sighed again as he sat on the floor. Unknowingly, Naeun had watched the scene from the outside and was currently in a shock state.