1. The Day [part one]

Fake or Not

Seungyeon twirled the ends of hair. She was beyond nervous and she reminded herself that it was just a job she has to fulfill. She was just going to act like a love sick puppy for who-knows-how-many-months. She just wished whoever her partner will be will establish some kind of communication with her in order for this "love thing" to work. She has to be the best. No, they have to be the best WGM couple the entirety of South Korea has ever seen. This was her chance to be known. This was her chance to be recognized. I can't screw this up.

 

Her stylist blow-dried her hair in order for her hair to be wavy. Her usual style. While her make-up artist applied minimal make-up to her face and added a few touches here and there. She wasn't a fan of heavy make-up unless she has to.

 

Seungyeon counted in her head to relax her nerves a little bit. In any minute now, they're going to start filiming and will give her very 1st mission card. Seungyeon laughed quietly. Who was she fooling. If only 'We Got Married' was a drama where she had a different identity, she wouldn't have feel this way. She would feel confident and showed the world what talent she got. But no, 'We Got Married' was a variety show where they used your own name and if she was going to lie on this show it will make her feel like she was lying to the rest of the world and to people who are dear to her and most of all herself.

 

But she knew that joining We Got Married would be her quickest way to Stardom and joining the said show would earn her many fans and sponsors.

 

"Seungyeon~shii, Are you ready?" One of the staff of We Got Married asked her and Seungyeon quickly smiled and showed her game face on.

 

So the WGM staff started filming while her stylist was arranging her hair for the second time and gave her first ever mission card. She took the red envelope with trembling hands and mentally scolding herself for looking so nervous in front of the cameras when she should feel natural around them. After all, they were going to follow her until her "fake" marriage has ended and she didn't want to look as if she knew the cameras were following her around.

 

She wanted to look natural as possible.

 

She read the mission card aloud and it turns out she would have a one on one date with 2 different men and they would probably make her choose by the end of the day. Her first date was located at her university where she was currently studying. As a teenager, she always had fantasies about having a campus date with her boyfriend but never had the chance to since she never found a time to mingle with boys.

 

She was always about working hard and achieving her dreams and dating would possibly just bring her distraction.

 

Personally, she was a bit happy that her 1st ever date will be at her university but it also made her more nervous than ever since it was a woman's university and men rarely go inside the campus unless it was permitted by any of the University Staff and Personnel.

 

Sure, We Got Married was a show where couples usually act in front of the cameras but for Seungyeon she wanted a sense of comfortability and trust towards her virtual spouse.

 

She arrived in her university and walked towards the telephone pole where they will hold their 1st meeting. She seems to be the 1st one to arrive first and sat down in one of the benches while waiting for candidate number one.

 

She gripped the hems of her dress and talked about how she was so nervous about meeting her 1st date.

 

Then she saw a man approaching towards her wearing a brown coat. He had flowers in his right hand and he was bringing his guitar on the other. It made her heart suddenly flutter. He looked good looking, Almost too good looking to be honest.

 

He had bright brown eyes that seemed to glow under the sunlight. He looked good and sincere. She didn’t know who he was or if he was either a singer or an actor but she had a feeling he was famous. He had this certain aura around him that hypnotized people to look at him. He walked like he owned the place and most certainly he smiled like he had done it a thousand of times. He even had dimples on both of his cheeks. Lucky genes.

 

She knew she should have read the articles this morning so that she would have some kind of clue on who he was. But she was too busy preparing herself and how she would perceive herself in front of the cameras. She wanted to look natural as if they weren’t any cameras and they were actually in fact dating. It was the best way to bring out the best in her if she was deeply on character.

 

Today I’m getting married and this person might be my husband. As he was drawing near, Seungyeon noticed that his eyebrows were thick and his jaw was defined and that he really looked like a man. Some of the few qualities she is looking for a guy. She also noticed how pale and white he looked and Seungyeon envied him. She thought that if this guy was a girl she would probably be 10 times prettier than she was.

 

She then stood up and greeted the man in front of her.

“Hello”

 

He laughed and looked at the staff across them who were filming the whole scene. Seungyeon noticed how he must be very nervous too. She also noticed how he was much better looking up front and how his dimples seemed prominent. He also looked familiar too.

 

“Are you my wife?” He asked. Seungyeon loved the fact that his voice wasn’t that deep and that it sounded really lovely. It suited him. It suited his image.

 

“Yeah… I received the mission card. Shall we sit down?” She offered awkwardly and scolded herself mentally for not sounding that confident. But then this was the 1st day and she wanted to be true to herself before hiding her true self little by little. She wasn’t going to act on the 1st day. Today she was Yoo Seung Yeon. 

 

“Flowers... they’re for you.” The man gave her the bouquet of flowers he was holding before he sat down.

 

“Thank you. It’s the first time I received flowers from a guy.” And it was true. She never received any flowers from anyone before because she usually kept to herself and guys seem to stir away from her. She felt really touched by the situation and thought to herself how can people act on this show when the feeling is all too real or was it just her? Because she wasn’t that good in acting and in the process of lying to herself?

 

“Ah really? Judging by your looks you probably receive flowers every time.”

 

“No. I’ve only received flowers from my dad during my high school graduation but that doesn’t count.” They both laughed. Though the atmosphere seem good it was completely awkward since both of them didn’t know each other’s name.

 

Seungyeon decided to introduce herself first.

 

“You probably don’t know me…. But I’m rookie actress Gong Seungyeon.”

 

“No, no. It’s me and my weird habit of not watching television. I’m CNBLUE’s Lee Jong Hyun.” He answered with a smile and Seungyeon felt sincerity in his words and she felt like he was a good person and would take care of her in the show. Or he was really good in acting.

 

“CNBLUE?”

 

“Yeah… CNBLUE.”

 

She wanted to slap herself in there. She knew of course who CNBLUE was, they were a famous boy band in their country and she felt stupid for not recognizing him at first. A lot of people would probably hate her after the episode will air.

 

“I’m sorry that I didn’t recognize you at first. It’s just that I’m really not good in determining who is who, but I do love your band. Congratulations on your comeback song last month! It was great.” She truly meant her words. She remembered that she kept replaying their songs for days because it was too good.

 

“It’s okay, hahahahahaha. A lot of people mistook us for which is which and its completely normal.” He offered her a gentle smile and Seungyeon felt her heart skipped a beat. She didn’t even noticed that they were cameras around until she saw a camera man moving towards to the left to take a shot of her face better.

 

“Are you hungry? We can eat at the cafeteria, if you’d like… Or have you eaten yet?” Truth to be told, she was the one who was hungry and felt her stomach churning for minutes. Because of her nervousness she forgot to eat breakfast this morning and it was probably one of her worst decisions. It was already past 12 and she was dying to grab some food.

 

“No, I haven’t eaten yet. Is it really okay to eat at a woman’s university?” Seungyeon noticed how he was so natural around the cameras like it didn’t bother him at all. She envied him once again. She still felt awkward and bothered by it that she had the urge to just look at the cameras. But then she reminded herself that she can’t. She had to remind herself to forget about the cameras and the people following them around.

 

“Sure, it is. Haven’t you eaten before at a woman’s university?” She smiled and tried to shake her nervousness away.

 

“No, never. Today is truly an honor. Shall we go?”

 

[End of Part One]