Final

That Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyeri’s POV

Life’s great to me. I have a great family, I have a good education, great friends, and an amazing boyfriend. At least that was what I thought it was up until 3 weeks ago. My boyfriend Min Yoongi is a cheater and an . But at least he loved me once during the course of our 5 year relationship, but not everything lasts forever. Let me tell you the story of how I broke up with the man I thought I was going to live my life with.

Yoongi and I have been together for 3 years, our fourth year would be coming up in a month. However, we’ve known each other for 6 years, but I officially became him girlfriend when I moved in with him. He was an absolute sweet heart to me, even if he was shy in front of others he always had a soft spot for me. He would hold my hand when we watched movies, let me sleep on his lap, and more. But soon the hand holding turned into sitting apart during movies and sleeping on his lap turned into me sleeping on the couch alone. It wasn’t always like this though, it started to happen 5 months ago. All his sweetness melted away and vanished, like puddles in the summer. Except puddles could always reappear, the man I fell in love with never came back to me because his heart was already with another.

The first time I noticed him becoming distant I didn’t take note to it but it started becoming more frequent that’s when I asked him if everything was okay.

“Babe are you okay?”

“Of course Hyeri. Why wouldn’t I be?”

“Well you’ve just been a little distant lately and I was wondering if I made you upset or anything.”

“Don’t worry babe, I’m just a bit stressed out.”

“Do you want to talk to me about it?”

“Not really, I’m going out tonight.”

“Oh. Where to?”

“I’m going out to eat with the guys.”

“But I already made dinner..”

“And I already made plans. Whoops. Bye babe!”

And he left. Without a hug or a peck on the cheek. That night he didn’t come back until the next morning. His excuse was that he got wasted and slept over at Namjoon’s place with the rest of the guys. I felt thankful to Namjoon for taking care of my idiot boyfriend while he was drunk so I made him food as my appreciation. However when I got there, things didn’t go as planned.

“Hyeri! What are you doing here?”

“Hey Namjoon, I just wanted to drop off some food as a way of saying thanks for taking care of Yoongi while he was drunk last night!”

“Hyeri, I didn’t even see Yoongi hyung last night.”

“Oh. Then do you know where he was at?”

“No sorry. Did you want to take the food back with you?”

I looked down at the containers I had and gave the bag to him. I walked away after saying goodbye and went back to my shared apartment with Yoongi.  I opened the door to see a pair of black heels, ones that definitely did not belong to me. I walked in to see this beautiful woman, a woman I know very well. She’s my coworker at my department. Her name is Kim Sooyoung, I walked in and looked at her with confused eyes.

“Sooyoung, what are you doing here? And how did you find out I live here?”

“I came to drop off some files for work and I just looked up your file and found your address. Come on Hyeri you should know how easy it is to get what I need or want!” she laughed as she looked at my boyfriend. I repeat, my boyfriend.

“Okay so if you dropped off the files why are you still here talking to my boyfriend?”

“Relax, I just wanted to hand these personally to you! Yoongi here just kept me company.” She sent him a wink. I looked at them and it looked as if they knew each other for years, as if they were in love. At the time I just shook the thought off. But it bothered me so much I had to ask my boyfriend about her. That didn’t end too well though. I didn’t bring up the fact that I knew he lied to me about going out with the guys because I was tired of arguing. But that didn’t stop the arguments we continued to have weekly for months. All of them were about Sooyoung. Sooyoung bought coffee, Sooyoung wants to cook dinner, let’s bring Sooyoung on our date, there was this one time I even walked in on them on the couch. It was raining that day and she was wearing my clothes. I repeat my clothes. I was so angry I dragged her out of my apartment by her hair and threw her out in the rain. That was also the night I made Yoongi sleep on the couch for the first time in our relationship. It just got worse after that. But I wouldn’t believe the fact that he was cheating on me. I just couldn’t. Even though my best friend told me he probably was, I didn’t want to believe him. I couldn’t, that was the day I chose my boyfriend, who may or may not be cheating on me, over my best friend who I knew since we were in diapers.

One day we were arguing and that was the first time I kicked him out of the apartment.

“WHY ARE YOU BEING SO RUDE?”

“YOONGI I’M BEING RUDE? YOU TREAT MY COWORKER AS IF S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter