Valentine's Day

No Other

The young boy waited by her locker. It was Valentine’s Day, and instead of her giving him chocolate and gifts, he was giving them to her. He couldn’t wait until White Day—that was too far away. He had to do it soon, and it was already soon enough, so he bought her chocolate hearts the night before and stuffed her locker with love notes of the greatest fluffiness.

Something told him to turn around. He saw his old friend, Sungmin. He was smiling—no, smirking—at him, obviously aware of what he was planning on doing. “Kyuhyun, what do you think you’re doing?”

Kyuhyun gulped and shrugged. “Waiting on Jessica. Why?”

Sungmin chuckled quietly. Kyuhyun still heard it. “Do you still believe what Teukie hyung told you?”

“… Maybe.”

Sungmin shook his head, baffled. He thought Kyuhyun knew better than to trust their oldest hyung when he gave out love advice. He told Sungmin and Kyuhyun a few months back that if they didn’t go for the girls they wanted as soon as they could, then they’d lose them. Sungmin, being a skeptic, didn’t believe him, but Kyuhyun really got inspired. He wanted to ask his longest-lasting crush out on a date, but he was also too scared to. Leeteuk gave him courage, and he had been building it up until this day. He was ready. But thanks to his mean hyung Sungmin, he wasn’t so sure he would be accepted.

Just then, another one of Kyuhyun’s friends walked up. It was Donghae. “Hey, Kyu. What’s up?”

He muttered, “Sungmin’s confidence.”

“I heard that!” Sungmin complained, pointing at Kyuhyun.

Donghae laughed. “What did he do this time, Kyu?”

“I wanted to ask Jessica out on a date, but Sungmin told me that I shouldn’t be so hopeful in Teukie hyung’s words.”

Sungmin in before Donghae could give a little insight. “Yah, I never said that! It was close to it, but still!”

Donghae disconnected the electricity zapping between the two best friends. “Okay, you two, you both need to calm down and listen to each other.” He waited until they both shut up and took a deep breath. “Sungmin is right—you shouldn’t trust Teukie hyung’s words—but that’s not all the time. I know what’s true and what’s not, and he was right. So Sungmin, you need to trust him every now and then, and Kyuhyun… go with your gut. I know Jessica likes you back.” Donghae looked up and right then, he saw a really confused-looking Jessica. He laughed nervously. “Sungmin, I think we should go to class. We’ll be late if we don’t.” Without any reason to drag him along, Donghae took him and pulled him away from Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun watched his friends leave. As he turned around, his eye caught the sight of the angel he was falling for over the past few months. “Jessica,” he breathed.

Hearing him say her name so affectionately made Jessica turn red. She bowed her head in embarrassment, but it was the good kind. “Hello, Kyuhyun oppa. What are you doing here at my locker?”

“I-I just wanted to… I, uh… Well, I was wondering if—no, I wanted to give you—ah, this is so hard.”

Jessica giggled. She had five reasons to like Kyuhyun: His voice, his personality, his looks (extremely hot), his naughtiness when he was annoyed/angry/feeling a little playful, and the fact that he gamed. Overall, she liked everything about him, but she just couldn’t flat out tell him. She needed to show him how much she liked him gradually. It’s not all whoop-dee-doo-da, bibbidy bibbidy boo—WAH-LAH! They were in love! No. It took time to get somebody to like you back, and just one wrong move could get you separated from that person forever, whether you liked it or not.

“Kyuhyun oppa, are you trying to give me a present?” she asked, tilting her head to the right.

The simple action made Kyuhyun too nervous for words. His heart raced and he swallowed. This was harder than he thought.  “N-neh… I wanted you to have these chocolates…” he whispered. He lowered his head and held out the box of mini-chocolate hearts to her.

Jessica covered in pleasant surprise. She already had something planned for Kyuhyun, but this was much more meaningful. “Oppa, I don’t know what to say…” She gently took the box of chocolates. She couldn’t wait, so she just opened it right up and looked inside. What surprised her most was the note that was on top of the chocolate.

My Dear Jessica,

I don’t know where to start. I’ve liked you for three years, I guess. That’s when you moved over here. I wasn’t the happiest camper, but that was because you stole my spot at the top of the school’s grades list. Haha, I was a jealous jerk. But I changed, and now I don’t know what I’m feeling for you. When I see you, I’m happy and content and I keep telling myself to breathe because your beauty takes my breath away. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anybody as beautiful as you. The way you laugh is so cute. Your smile is gorgeous. Your sparkling eyes light up my day. And not to sound like a ert or anything, but your body’s great, too.

My point is, I really like you, Jessica. I want you to be my girlfriend, but I’m too scared to even ask you out in person. So Jessica… Will you please be my girlfriend?

Hopefully yours,

Cho Kyuhyun

Kyuhyun looked at her hopefully. His eyes sparkled with a nervous feeling in them. The way Jessica was smiling at the paper was definitely a good sign, but since Kyuhyun couldn’t identify a certain type of smile, he was still worried. If the smile was happy, he hit it out of the ballpark—the letter, that is. If it was a sad, sympathetic smile, then Sungmin was right—she was already taken by some other guy. Just the thought of her being taken from him made him feel left out and lonely.

Jessica couldn’t believe her eyes. Did Kyuhyun really just ask that? Did he really say all those wonderful things about her? She didn’t believe they were real, let alone true. She was never confident in her looks at all—no, definitely not—but Kyuhyun saw her in a different way nobody else had, and that made her absolutely ecstatic. Maybe she could start a relationship with Kyuhyun. She just had to help it move along a little bit. Since they already liked each other, why not start now?

Jessica smiled and looked up at Kyuhyun. She was met by the cutest face available.

kyu0812boj0.jpg

She laughed and moved closer to him. Kyuhyun nearly jumped back, but he pushed aside his fear and let her approach him. “Kyuhyun oppa, you look too cute right now.”

“J-jinja?”

Jessica nodded. “And thank you for the chocolates and letter. They were both sweet. But I still have to give you your present.”

“What is it?” Kyuhyun asked breathlessly.

Jessica quickly bent in, and without asking if she could, placed a small peck on Kyuhyun’s lips. She moved back, embarrassed and red, but worried and proud of herself. She just made an important decision, and to kiss Kyuhyun felt like heaven to her. But what if it didn’t feel like heaven back to him? He might’ve been confused with his feelings and mistook love for something else, like a really close friendship.

Kyuhyun was on Cloud 9. He didn’t expect to Jessica to kiss him at all. Even so, he enjoyed every small nanosecond of the moment. A smile gradually grew on his face, showing loud and proud. (A/N: How does that make any sense?! XD)

Jessica, still embarrassed that she kissed him from impulse, turned to walk to class. Before leaving, she decided she still wanted to date Kyuhyun and go on dates with him. She spoke softly. “If you want to go on a date with me, meet me at the school gates after school at three thirty. I’ll see you there. Okay, Kyuhyun oppa?” She smiled and left, blushing like mad.

Kyuhyun smiled to nothing in particular. He ignored the stares he got and focused on what he was going to say to Jessica when he saw her. But first, he had to get Sungmin back for ever doubting his ability to get Jessica.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hi, hi! Did you like it? I hope Jess unni did! HERE'S YOUR BIRTHDAY PRESENT IN PICTURE FORM, UNNI!! :DDDD

seokyu-14.jpg

I thought you'd like it, so I chose it :3

SAENGIL CHUKHAE HAMNIDA, UNNI~~ <333