Jongins savior

Stuck like a loser

Why was he always so dense? It should be common knowledge. Anyways it was a pretty normal day in Jongins life. Heading for the study room, but wanting something to cool him down from the heat, which had taken over Seoul this summer.

 

He had just turned around the corner, when the drink machine came into view. His gaze shifted from each cold drink. The monster drink had spoken to be him, it called for him, wanting to give him some energy. Anyhow he settled for a coca cola, because “monster is bad for you man,” had Taemin said two days ago in the practice room. He put the amount of money in the machine it needed to bring him his cola, then he pushed the number his drink had. The bottle didn’t fell down like it should. Jongin stared blankly at the machine. He gave it a push from the side, and many times from the front. It was still stuck. That fricking bottle was stuck like a loser. His patience ran short and he kicked the machine. The cola magically fell down, like it was supposed to do in the first place. Jongin sighed and rolled his eyes dramatically. He bend down and reached for his drink. He couldn’t reach it. Jongin punched the machine once more for his annoyance. He leant closer to the machine to get a better better chance getting his drink. After shuffling around for quite some time, he gave up. He tried pulling his arm back, but oh for Gods sake, it was stuck, just like the cola had started out being. He kept on pulling back trying from different(as much as he could move) angles. That was when Jongin started to rethink his life choices. Had his cola even been worth him getting stuck in a soda machine? , what if someone came by and saw him being stuck like a loser. Maybe first he could get some help from a poor random student, and then afterwards he could crawl back into his cave of shame(also called his shared dorm with Sehun).

 

Jongin sighed as deeply as he ever had, and closed his eyes. This maybe could be a fun story to tell his kids, when they would come and complaint about the clumsiness they got from their father. Jongin, the big idiot he was, had completely forgotten about his phone in his back pocket. He slapped his face before fishing it up. He dialed Sehuns number.

 

“Hey it’s Oh Sehun, I probably can’t answer my phone right now because I’m spending time with Tao, but if it’s really urgent try calling him at ********.” Jongin so happenly already had Taos number, so he didn’t have to listen to Sehuns voice until he remembered the number, since he couldn’t write it down.

 

“Hi it’s Tao.”

 

“Hi Tao, where you at, becau-”

 

“I can’t take my phone right now but leave a message after the bib.” The bib sounded and Jongin was ready to leave a hateful voicemail.

 

“Hey best friends boyfriend! Tell Sehun that I will personally slap his so called “Sebooty” when he gets home, if I’m still not held as prisoner by this big metal being, oh and Sehun, your fuc-” Jongin was just about to start calling Sehun names that no one had heard of before, when steps were coming from behind. He hurried to end the call and act invisible. Sadly the steps came to a halt, and he could feel someone looking at his back.

 

“You alright there?” Jongin didn’t turn around to face the person, already blushing from embarrassment.

 

“Yeps, totally, I’m- I’m just chilling,” it came out really squeaky. The person snickered behind him before bending down beside Jongin.

 

“Your hand is stuck in the machine, huh?” The boy asked biting down his lip to hide his growing smile.

 

“Ye-yes.”

 

“How come so?” The boy asked looking for eye contact but got none from the blushing Jongin.

 

“I reached for my cola, but I- I couldn’t reach it....” Jongin said awkwardly, side eyeing him secretly. His black bangs were nearly falling into his big eyes, and he wore round glasses making him extra cute.

 

“Let me help you.” they guy said. He reached over to grip around Jongins arm which made Jongin flinch slightly under his touch, which also just made the other boy trying to hide his smile more. This was certainly another boy that from before when he spoke to Tao and Sehun. After a lot of pushing and pulling, Jongins arm was still stuck.

 

“Wow I must say, you really know how to get well stuck in a soda machine.” Jongins trying to be savior mumbled.

 

“While I’m helping you, let me introduce myself,” he said kindly, “my name is Do Kyungsoo I’m a junior here, I was just on my way to buy ice cream when I saw you.” After that Kyungsoo left a silence for Jongin to tell about himself.

 

“Well my name is Jongin and I’m a sophomore,” he told not really knowing what more to say.

 

“Hey aren’t you in the same dance class as Yixing?” Kyungsoo asked out of nowhere still fidgeting with Jongins arm.

 

“Yeah, you know him?” Jonging couldn’t stop himself from asking.

 

“Yes, he’s one of my friends.” Jongin tried pulling his arm out just as Kyungsoo made the final move.

 

“There you go,” Kyungsoo said with a chuckle.

 

“Thanks,” Jongins lips couldn’t help to also tuck upwards. Kyungsoo seemed to just stand and admiring Jongins face, when he suddenly asked, “since you didn’t get your drink, do you wanna go with me and get some ice cream?” The question came as a shock, but Jongin didn’t quite felt like leaving Kyungsoo just yet.

 

“Umm ye-yeah that would be nice,” he stuttered.

 

“Cool,” Kyungsoo said his lips forming a heart when he smiled. Jongin squealed on the inside. They started walking down the hall to get outside.

 

“Is your hand okay after being stuck in there?” Kyungsoo asked attention fully on Jongin.

 

“Well it’s not broken,” Jongin said still breathless, because Kyungsoo had kept that heart smile on his lips for an awfully long time.

 

“Let me see it,” Kyungsoo said pulling his own hand out. Jongin placed gently his hand down on Kyungsoos, like it would shatter as soon as it came in contact. Kyungsoo didn’t really seem to look at his hand, instead he interlaced their fingers. Jongin looked surprised at him, eyes widening.

 

“Oh my god he’s such a cutie,” Kyunsoo squealed mumbled, not meaning for Jongin to hear.

 

“Why are you holding my hand…” Jongin asked truly confused. No one never really seemed wanting to have conversations with him, because he was a bit of a nerd, so why would anyone as good looking as Kyungsoo wanting to hold his hand?

 

“I don’t know… You’re cute,” Kyungsoo said.

 

“No one ever called me cute before,” Jongin said more likely to himself.

 

“That’s weird, because that was the first thing I thought about you, when I first saw you.”

 

“Are you flir-flirting with me?” Jongin asked blushing a pink colour.

 

“If I say yes, can we then call this as date?” Kyungsoo asked beaming.

 

“Umm, why, why not.”

 

“Then yes, I’m flirting with you Jongin, are you okay with it?” Kyungsoo asked looking for answer in Jongins eyes.


“Totally,” Jongin said dumbfounded, and Kyungsoos lips formed his heart smile, which Jongin was sure he could find himself being addicted to already.