Our First Kiss

Our First Kiss

“Ow! Oppa let go it hurts!" You whined at your boyfriend who was walking firmly in front of you, keeping a strong grip on your left wrist. You were struggling to follow his pace and stumbled times to times.

"Jung Hoseok I am serious! If you don't tell me right now what is happening I will make sure you regret it." You threatened.

He stopped so abruptly that you hit his back with all the force you were using to keep up with his long legs. He let go of you reddened wrist, turned around and looked into your eyes for a moment which made you uncomfortable because of the very little distance that was separating your faces. You took one step backwards.

"Firstly you know I don't like you calling me by my full name it is too impersonal."

He was right. He already told you to call him with any nicknames you wanted except for his real name but you used it -very rarely though- when you were mad at him to make him react.

"Secondly what were you doing with Yoongi hyung? Were you trying to cheat on me?! Am I not good enough for you?"

You perfectly knew he was not meaning any word he said. He was too aware of your feelings toward him to doubt of you but still he persisted in attending to make you feel guilty. Which honestly never worked. But he was so adorable playing the possessive boyfriend that you let him believe it was effective on you.

"Is hugging him because he is my best friend and because he helped me finish my project on the benefits of sleep a form of cheating? Because if no then no I was not cheating. If yes then you need to open a dictionary babe." You stated a little colder than you actually wanted.

"I could have helped you! You know I would do anything for you!" He raised his voice.

But you remained calm and answered "Wasn't it you who asked to not be disturbed while you were opening you fan letters? And don't you think Suga is the best positioned to answer any sleep related questions?"

A pout formed on his lips "I was not really meaning it. Or only for the others. You can disturb me whenever you want."

"Well you didn't make it clear. But did we really run all those corridors of the building just to argue on a random hug?"

J-Hope made a sad face "It is not a random hug! Don't you know why I dislike seeing you hugged by other boys?"

"왜? (Why?)"

His voice suddenly droped very low and he answered in what approached to be a whisper.

"Because for a little while they hold my whole world."

"Aish you are so cheesy 오빠 (oppa). 하지마 (Stop it)."

You tried to deny how fast your heart beat became and how hot your cheeks were at this phrase. It makes you uncomfortable being that affected by his pickup lines.

The right corner of his lips raised on his cheek. He knows those cute quotes work so well on you and he takes a delightful pleasure watching you lower your face on your chest fiddling with your fingers. Although they are super cheesy he really does mean them. He chose to consider your reaction as an apology for the reason why you argued. What was it already? He could not remember. Surely something too lame to be important. Your beautiful face had made him forget about everything.

And he had another thing blocking his mind. The actual reason why he guided you there.

He gently laid his warm palms on your hips which caused a jolt to run through your spine starting from the bottom. Your whole body shivered at his touch. J-Hope frowned and looked at you worriedly.

"Is everything alright?"

You blushed and lowered your face again. "Oh you noticed. Yeah it happens sometimes when you touch me especially when you hold my waist so gently. I guess it is excitement and surprise." You mumbled.

Gosh how this was embarrassing why do you have to react like that with him? It is not like you are not used to his touches. He is a very tactile boyfriend -to your great pleasure- but the way he lays his palms on you so gently as if you were the most precious crystal he had ever held still had a strong effect on you.

He observed you for a moment without moving. You looked in his eyes but you could read nothing of what he was thinking at this right moment. His deep black eyes were reflecting the light of the lamp above you adding some little glitters here and there in those captivating pupils like stars in the universe. What was happening behind those doors to another mind? Throughout months you learned how to understand every expression of your significant other, even before you started dating but he would sometimes look into your eyes so deeply that nothing was detectable.

He eventually made a move. He simply parted his two pink lips to ask very seriously:

"Can we share our first kiss here and right now? I can't wait anymore and I know you don't have any experience in this but I promise I will do my best to make this moment magical. I really want you to understand how much you mean to me. Please?"

Your brain took a moment to understand the meaning of what he just said. You had to pull your focus back of those crystal eyes of his. You blinked a couple of times. Your mind was blank. Your mouth opened. Then closed. Finally you could gather enough brain abilities to decrypt his last sentence.

Wait What?! Our first kiss? My first kiss?? Here?? With him?! Does that mean he loves me enough to go further?! But what should I do?!

You wanted to say yes. It was theoretically so simple. Three banal letters. Why would not they leave your throat? Why was your open mouth so dry now? What is that beating sound in your temples? Come on y/n you can do it! Just reply yes! This is the moment you waited for your whole life! You dreamt of this in your craziest dreams. And it is finally happening in the best way possible with the best person you will ever meet. Just push those three damn letter out of your lips!

Ok stop. Let's restart everything. Close your mouth. Here. Now smile your adorable eye smile he loves so much. Perfect. You look perfect. And now nod. If you can't talk at least nod.

From his point of view it was heart melting. In a couple of seconds you had completely changed of skin colour, opened and closed your lips some times and rounded you beautiful eyes. Then you looked calmer and a gorgeous smile spread on your face. Your eyes were sparkling like never before -except maybe when he asked you out for the first time and during your first firework together- and you cheeks were tinted of an adorable shade of pink. He had to put some extreme efforts on him to not smile like an idiot at how cute you looked. He loves so much how those cheeks of yours can reflect your emotions even when you try to hide them. And this smile means everything to him. He is the one who causes this smile, those glitters in your eyes.

When your face made several bounces up and down making your little strands of hair beside your face jump in the same rhythm and when your smile grew wider he knew he had succeeded. He could not keep his happiness hidden any second more. A giant smile spread at his face, his so well-known bright smile that can make any cloud dissipate even in the toughest mind. When he smiles like that -which happens all the times- nothing can bring him down. He can illuminate any dark room with that smile. Which astonishes you because seriously how some muscles pulled in a special way can have such a strong impact? But he had good reasons to smile so brightly. This confession he was willing to tell you since weeks was finally approved by you. He was so happy. And apparently you were too.

He tightened his grip on your hips, reducing the gap between his two hands on the small of your back and moved closer. Just a little bit closer, enough for you to sense his warm breath on your nose. Enough for you to be able to place your palms on the middle of his strong back. He looked into your shinning eyes for a moment, although you could not tell for how long, time seemed to have stopped, and removed one of his hands from your waist to support your chin with the end of his fingers. Very gently he lifted it just enough for your face to fully face his. With his thumb he simply touched your eyelid to close it.

Your eyes now closed, you heard him chuckle very slightly.

"You know you can breathe right?"

You could hear his smile in his tone. Suddenly your breathe unlocked. You didn't notice you held it since you moved your hands on his back. You let out a short puff mixed with a slightly nervous chuckle but kept your eyes shut. Nothing happened for a moment and you started suspecting him of staring at your face. Just when you were about to open your eyes again you felt something warm and silky on your lips. It didn't take long for you to understand he had kissed you the gentlest way you could have ever imagined. It felt like a dream. Everything disappeared from your mind. A wave of warmth flooded your whole body, your heart started fluttering like thousands of butterflies. At this right moment the only thing that mattered was you two. You now realised how much he loved you and cared for you. He was not only you boyfriend but an older brother, a best friend, a guarding star, somebody who wanted to be the only one to see your smile every morning, somebody who's aim was to make sure you were as happy as he was every moment of your life. Somebody caring for you before caring for himself. You have never felt that cherished, important and loved at the same time. It was purely magical. Since you were a little child everyone told about the first kiss as something incredible. But it was far better than that. It was just indescribable. Something unique was connecting you two, something more than your lips. A new link. As fireworks exploded into your mind you hugged him tighter and could not control a smile. His strong chest of dancer against yours felt so perfect as if it was meant to hold you. He smiled too.

When you eventually opened your eyes you were surprised at how close your lover's face was. You stiffed a little which made him look at you too. To your deception he pulled back, a huge loving smile on his lips. Your heart speed slowly returned to its usual pace and your breathing recovered its normal pattern - although it didn't have any precise pattern since the day you met Hoseok.

You blinked rapidly. You didn't really know what to say. It was all so new to you. And apparently your boyfriend was facing the same issue. So he pulled on your waist and his lips landed on your forehead. He gave it a smooth kiss and went lower to kiss your eyes, the tip of your nose and finally your cheek before hugging you as tight as he could. Your smile grew wider and you murmured a '고마워 오빠 (Thank you oppa)' in the crook of his neck. You still felt a little bit dizzy but sure enough you did want to feel it again.