Three Kinds Of Friendship

After The First Ending

#

 

 

#

 

Every relationship has its expiry date. It could last for weeks or months or years. At some rare occasions, until death due them apart. For Choi Minho, he personally thought that his fragile newborn relationship with Kang Hana was already at the end of his rope just after three months of dating. Their relationship was actually pretty smooth until the end, it's just that people change and that's what happened.  But after the relationship has ended, the real roller-coaster begins, the ups and downs and even more heartbreaks.

 

"Think I'm going to end it once and for all." 

 

The small café was filled with a few people enjoying their afternoon snack, most people were having small chats with their friends or lovers. Despite the coziness that sorrounded this place, the cold stare coming from a pair of Minho's eyes gave chills to the person sitting in front of him, Kim Jonghyun.

 

"Might want to think about it a little more thoroughly. Just saying, once you end it, you're burning all the bridges behind you." Jonghyun watched his troubled friend stirring his coffee, creating a tiny tidal wave in his mug. 

 

The latter let out a deep loud sigh. "All night I have been struggling with my own thoughts and man, it was a long restless night with cups and cups of espresso. Screw people who say that caffeine could mess with your head, all I felt was a rush to stay awake all night. I was thinking perfectly clear and now I have perfectly made my mind." He paused and took a sip. "This relationship is duller than an old white wallpaper, it has to end. This bond between me and Hana is no longer based on mutual feelings, sooner or later everything will meet its end, right?"

 

"An end is not something that you could decide yourself, she's a girl and she deserves to be–"

 

"By any chance, have you heard her snore? Gosh she snores like a drunk trucker with acute throat cancer." Minho chuckled while at the opposite direction Jonghyun showed the exact opposite reaction, he curled his brows into a deep frown, studying his friend closely.

 

"Those caffeines did its damages alright." He finally concluded.

 

#

#

 

McDonald's, just a few miles away.

 

The tanned boy sat straight on his chair, clutching the t-shirt material just above his chest. A shaky sigh slipped from his mouth as his other trembling hand places his cell-phone down on the table surface. "Baek," he called just a cut louder than wind's whisper.

 

"Hm," the other guy mumbled, still absorbed to his own phone screen.

 

"I think I've just set a fire in a pond of gasoline."

 

Finally Jongin won his friend's attention, the fair skinned boy sitting in front of him lifted his gaze lazily. "You can stop using methaphores and start talking like a human now." 

 

"The fire is a like button and the gasoline is Instagram."

 

"I'm so out of service."

 

Jongin run his fingers through his messy brown hair out of exasperation and inhaled deeply before start confessing his life and death situation. "I liked a seventy-two weeks old picture from Kang Hana's Instagram."

 

"Wow what a humilia –wait, what? Holy , seventy-two weeks? How many decades did it take for you to scroll the down?"

 

"This is bad right?" Jongin smiled sheepishly.

 

"Worse, it's like God's way to tell you 'grow some balls and ask her out, you '. I'd say you're whipped." Baekhyun was chuckling as he vacuumed down his coke, an amused look clinging on his crescent-moon shaped eyes.

 

"Seriously, what should I do? I don't even follow her account, I'm a hundred percent stalker. Stupid stupid stalker who spent every free hours scrolling down her page until my thumbs turned numb. And now I'm not just a stupid stalker, now I'm a world renown stupid stalker." The used to be well composed and super popular guy turned into a panicky little kid who can't control the words that were spilling out from his cavern.

 

"Whoa whoa chill. You can always buy a one way ticket to Timbuktu and build a new life there," the funny part about that joke is the fact that he's not even joking. That was seriously the best idea a Byun Baekhyun can come up with.

 

"Not helping, Baek. You think I should ask her out?" He paused as if suddenly something striked him. "But she has a boyfriend and they look perfect for each other."

 

Baekhyun sighed and stared longingly at the window, another sigh escaped from his mouth as he looked back at his friend with a fake knowing expression. "If there's one thing that life had taught me, it would be... if it's perfect then it's fake."

 

"Seventeen freaking years of life and that's the best advice you can give?" He mocked a laugh, judging his dear friend with a single look.

 

"My life , you know that. Aside from having a hot girlfriend and being super good-looking, it real bad."

 

Both of them stood up, Jongin patted his shirt to get rid off some crumbs and pocketed his phone, the root of today's disaster. "Well at least you have a hot girlfriend." 

 

Being a good friend he was, Baekhyun decided to punch his buddy hard on the arm and chanted, "I've told you to not be such a and ask her out."

 

"Shout it louder Baek, I think everyone here wants to know how much of a I am."

 

"LADIES AND GENTLEMAN, KIM JONGIN IS SUCH A PUSS–"

 

A hand covered Baekhyun's mouth and dragged the smaller boy out by force.

 

And for Jongin, today's lesson is not to use sarcasm to Byun Baekhyun because it would totally backfire.

 

#

#

 

H&M, summer edition.

 

"Okay, this one or this one?" 

 

The first weeks of summer has always been extravagant for most girls. Suddenly the avenues turned into a huge runway where people could show-off lots and lots of skin along with their branded clothing. Hana and Nahyun were no different, pretty much not the type of girl who couldn't wear the same outfit twice. They both have a boyfriend they need to impress, basic.

 

"That one." Hana pointed the white lacy dress, her hands were clutching her phone tight waiting for that little white thing to vibrate. She had been waiting a reply from Minho for at least half an hour by now.

 

Nahyun took a closer look at the dress that Hana choose. "It has an elegant British vibe, but don't you think it's a little too elegant for a casual Sunday morning walk around the park?" The latter just nodded nonchalantly, can't really focus on her friend's words. 

 

"I'm gonna take the orange one." She concluded, shoving the other dress into her shopping bag. "Kang Hana, hurry up and make up your mind."

 

The said girl was still sitting with her legs crossed, her mind completely elsewhere. Nahyun noticed how Hana acted a little weird these last three days, she tried not to bring that up but she knew for sure that something was happening between Minho and her. Nothing meant to Hana more than her prince charming.

 

Nahyun snapped her finger right in front of Hana's nose. "Wake up missy, you're taking this whole 25% discount for granted," she spread her hands and gestured to their sorroundings.

 

Hana looked up slowly. "I think he finally had enough of me," sorrow and worry formed a thick cloud hanging on the surface of her clear eyes.

 

"Who? Your jerk?"

 

"He's not a jerk, Nahyun. He's my boyfriend."

 

"Look at what he had done to you? He's not worth it no more." Nahyun gave her friend a reassuring pat on the back.

 

"Maybe he needs some space." She uttered slowly and a small smile shadowed her lips. "Yes, just some space. He want space? I'll give him all the space he want, outer space, back space, blank space, anything."

 

"At this point it is no longer about space, it's ab–"

 

Suddenly the phone in Hana's grasp vibrated, it made her jolt a little in her seat. A hopeful smile blossomed on her face as she unlock her phone.

 

Jongkai_kimm  liked your post.

 

The edge of slumped down, but her sad expression changed in a second after she saw which photo he liked. "It's seventy-two weeks ago," she gasped in surprise and confusion.

 

"What? What happened? That jerk again?" Nahyun barged in with a set of questions.

 

"No no. It's... It's Jongin. He liked my seventy-two weeks old post."

 

"Seventy –holy heavens, he's a hardcore stalker."

 

"Ridiculous. We barely even talk to each other." Hana stared at her phone screen again, today's getting weirder and weirder with each passing second.

 

"Well he's my Bacon's best friend, so he definitely knew you personally and you should've known him too if it's not because of your stupid over-posessive boyfriend. But still, he must've been a fan. Or –oh my god, oh my god." She covered with both of her hands, startled by her own idea.

 

"Nahyun no, stop. Don't think way to far, you're being ridic–"

 

"Someone has a hottie to date with~" She wiggled her eye-brows, poking Hana on her side teasing her friend who was still as confused as a lost duckling.

 

Hana rolled her eyes. "I have a boyfriend, for god's sake."

 

"Come on, loosen up a bit. This Jongin guy is ten times hotter than your current jerk."

 

"I'm sorry to let you down, but in case you haven't realise, I am a woman with dedication."

 

Nahyun looked down at her friend, putting on her signature i-know-better-than-you- expression. "This is how a teenage love and should work. You met someone hotter, and you move on. Two key words, hot and move on–"

 

"Those were three words."

 

"Well then screw those three words to hell, won't you?" She tucked her hair to the back of her ears before continuing. "And also, this game knows no dedication."

 

"Nahyun, do I look like I eat ?" She looked irritated and bored out of her mind, but nothing could stop an excited Kim Nahyun.

 

She tapped her index finger on her chin, prentended to think hard. "No, you look like someone who's going to have a cute date with a smokin' hot guy."

 

#

#

 

a/n : Soo there you have it, the first look of this story! Oh also, I want to tell you guys all that I pictured the Nahyun character as Sonamoo's Nahyun, but if you want to think about her as a pure fictional character it would also be fine, whichever you prefer. Please let me know your thoughts upon this fic so I could do better on the next upcoming chapter :)