A Good Something fin.

A Good Something
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Err… Hey Sunbae-nim (senior).” It was not usual for Sunggyu to approach his sunbae who was younger than him by 4 years by that name. He knew that, and apparently she knew that too.

 

“What’s with the formalities Sunggyu oppa?” She asked, chuckling at the same time whilst looking up from her work.

 

“Ahaha…” He gave an extremely awkward laugh. Even he himself knew that it was rarely the case for him to speak formalities to this ‘senior.’ “Just… You know, you are my senior, although you’re younger than me, and I feel like I need to respect you once in a while.”

 

“You do know that you haven’t called me ‘sunbae’ since the end of your ‘Be Mine’ promotions?” She laughed. He only squirmed uncomfortably and shrugged his shoulders. “So what did you come here for, so polite all of a sudden?” She decided to break the ice.

 

“To tell you the truth_____-(y) ah, I came to ask you something. We both know that we were close since our trainee days and well, I supported you and you supported me through both our debut eras. And you probably also know that I don’t really like to burden others with my problems, especially my band members… So, I just felt like you were the right person to tell my… situations to.” Honestly, his ‘confession’ or ‘introduction,’ had made her slightly shocked. All that he said was true, but she never thought that Kim Sunggyu would come to her so seriously for help. Even in his debut days she only gave him a few pieces of advice- not that much. He was pretty much independent and they both knew that he wouldn’t listen anyways. Looking up at him, she could see how much pain, effort and thought from over the past few years were all jumbled into one and painted onto his face. And truthfully, as a sunbae, she felt bad for not sticking by him or not giving him as much help or advice as she could have.

 

“Okay…” She finally nodded at him.

 

“Well… to start off, I can’t really begin without some alcohol haha,” and he handed her a glass of beer that he had packed with him just for this occasion.

 

The rest of his words were all a jumble. He rambled on and on and it made her feel… sad? Sad that he had no one to tell this to so far, everything that had built up inside of him, but then also grateful… Grateful that he had found someone to spill at least some of his worries to, and that was her- that really made her feel special, since everyone knew that Sunggyu was not the type to just blab anything to anyone, especially things about himself. Staring at him as he spilt everything, she could see how he sometimes hesitated to speak the next sentence, or he had to take another couple sips of alcohol before restarting with much more courage than before. She could hear

Please log in to read the full chapter