Why are they here?

Not My Wedding

Now, where do I go?

Base from our last conversation, my best friend asked me to meet up with her here before her wedding. I can’t stand waiting and patience is clearly not my favourite word. I am still obviously wearing my house clothes because I already saw this coming. She always does this to me.

It was a very hot afternoon in front of our coast line.  Yes, I am attending my best friend’s wedding as a ridiculous flower girl and her husband to be, who is our classmate in college didn’t object with that idea. It’s annoying the first time they told me about it but I don’t have any other choice but to play the role.

I walked idly tossing the crystal like white sand against my slippers and I was stopped by some tall well suited men from a distance. It was surprising for me to be caught up in a situation. I didn’t know that there was an ongoing photo-shoot of some sort. I said my apologies right away upon my disruption and the moment when I was about to leave the area – someone called me from my back.

“Hey! Don’t leave!” the voice was familiar. I looked around and saw his smiling eyes with charismatic wrinkles lifting his friendly mood. He raised his hand towards the camera man as a sign to pause for a bit and wore his fedora hat and run towards my direction.

He was well fit for the summer. He is wearing a colourful stripped sleeveless shirt and I can see that his biceps are obviously masculine and his slim waist line made me jealous. He looked very manly with that cropped knee length denim shorts. I clutched my bag with my hands, I am trembling – I suddenly became nervous.

He skipped the wirings like a kid and he almost stumbled making it pass to them. He remained his calm and continued to walk briskly to greet me. I cannot believe how I missed to see his adorable face; he looks like an actor on a very close range. I was glad that he does not have a towering height; it somehow made me more comfortable.

“I’m Kim Dongwan! Please forgive us from blocking the wedding location’s entrance. We will just be taking few more shots.” He flashed his perfect set of white teeth and gave me that smile which would complete a commercial material.

“I will be attending the wedding too. Your best friend told me that you might probably arrive around this time. She asked me to tell you to go straight inside.” He told me politely and I am out of my league. I cannot still come up with enough words to express myself. He is stunningly handsome.

“Okay.” Yes – that is my best, that four letter word ended our conversation and I went inside to change my clothes.

I was briefly absent minded when I passed the bamboo wood entrance which is covered with a nicely knitted curtain when someone passed by and unintentionally bumped on me. My bag fell on the sand and he picked it up in an instant, the tall guy with a puppy hair was wearing a white tuxedo with his bowtie still hanging on his neckline.

He was panting and at the same time trying to wipe all the sweat on his forehead before it reaches his tensed eyes. I thought I became a dwarf beside him – he has a height of a model.  His shadow covered me from the burning heat of the sun. His expression is worried and I am not in the proper state to react.

“I’m sorry, I was in a hurry I didn’t see you. Are you alright?” his voice echoed like forever in my ears. He didn’t sound like a stranger at all, his sincerity pierced through each of his words.

His huge hands are still gripping the straps of my bag; I decided to look down to escape from his angelic face. I can’t think properly whenever I am caught in his gaze.

“I’m Junjin by the way. Did you see a man doing a photo-shoot outside? I was about to call him, the wedding is starting soon.” He lowered his head trying to meet my eyes but I refuse to be petrified for the second time.

“Yes.”  - and I tried to grab my bag from him and he gave it politely. I tried to escape even if they are not chasing me.

Why are they here? WHY ARE SHINHWA MEMBERS HERE?!!!

I changed my clothes as fast as I can and went out to get the bouquet of flowers for my role. Why is the set up like a backstage of some kind? I am spacing out too much. This is a concert wedding I forgot. My best friend will be singing later for her husband to be.

The organizer is shouting at me silently to hurry up when I realized the six of them are all waiting for me too.

All of them are gorgeously suited up with identical white tuxedos with black bowtie which set a clear compliment to their classical look.

My breathing started to become heavier as I walked closer to them.

“Here, hold this instead. There is no bouquet of flowers prepared, your best friend preferred balloons. I'm Minwoo at your service.” And I got the orange balloon from his hands.

“Hey I was supposed to give her that! – Oh, sorry.. I shouldn’t have..scre..I.. uhm..  I’m Hyesung.” And he extended his hand for a proper hand shake. I accepted it with a confused mind.

“Hyung, her best friend told us to treat her well. Why are you being like this?” I looked beside me and he walked closer towards me.

“Hi, I am Andy. We will be singing for the event too.” My eyes widened with surprise. It is a trap.

“It is not a trap. Your best friend likes this day to be special for you too that is why she invited us. She said you might get sad that you’ll be left alone when she gets married. We are here to remind you that being single is not a disease.” – he spoke with the influence of helium in his voice. It was supposed to be touching and all, but it was too hilarious to be accepted that way.

“Eric! Stop fooling around you - ! BLEEEP! BLEEEP! BLEEEP!” Hyesung said in an instant with all the censored word on an auto mute level, since he wants his lips to be read instead.