You're No Monster

You're No Monster

You’re No Monster

            Jaebum was by all means a good leader, people praised him for his hard work and dedication, what they didn’t praise him for was how he led. Jaebum knew he had a temper, he was working on it but to have it come up at practically every interview? They made him seem like some angry tyrant or something and to make matters the company had brought in children and nearly all of them wanting nothing to do with him.

            “He looks scary!” A little girl had said before bursting into tears rushing into the arms of sweet looking Jinyoung. Jaebum usually didn’t care when people commented on his serious demeanor but was it really that bad? Rubbing the back of neck Jaebum apologized for making the girl cry before dismissing himself, he wasn’t needed there.

            Jaebum decided that he didn’t want to be wasting his time however, sure they had finished practice and everyone was playing with the cute children but Jaebum wasn’t. Jaebum found his way into the recording studio instead. Everyone had left for the day which he had preferred, not really in the mood to deal with other people at the moment.

            Laying down on the floor Jaebum stared up at the ceiling, did people really view him as some monster? He wasn’t mean he was assertive, everyone needed a member like him but no one wanted to play that role. It just wasn’t fair and yea the rest of the members didn’t think he was mean and scary but what about the world. Jaebum wanted nothing more for the people to like him and the music he produced. Jaebum the musician not Jaebum the leader of Got7 with the scary face.

            He wiped his face with the back of his hand angrily. He wasn’t supposed to cry, he was supposed to be strong, that’s what everyone expect out of him, or so he thought. Jaebum didn’t have to look up when he heard the door open. He knew it was Got7’s mom.

            “Jaebum…what are you doing on the floor?” Jinyoung asked taking a seat on the floor next to the boy. The room was dark so he couldn’t see Jaebum’s tears but he knew something was wrong when he first spotted him on the floor from the light that entered the room when he opened the door.

            “I…Everyone thinks I’m terrifying when I’m not. I want people to smile at me the way they do at the rest of you. I’m either a symbol or a monster, there is no middle ground.”

            “Jaebum…” Jinyoung said before sliding closer to JB, so that he could maneuver the boys head into his lap. “You’re no monster okay? That little girl was just scared because she was in a new environment, big strong people look frightening to little girls.” Jinyoung said, running his fingers through the boy’s hair. “We love you the way you are, even when you get upset. We wouldn’t be where we are today if you weren’t such a hard on us. We need the discipline in order to grow, you just got stuck with the bad cop job, but it’s one of the most important roles in the industry. As for the whole symbol though I don’t know where to help you on that, you can’t help the fact that you’re attractive as hell.” Jinyoung said chuckling, earning a soft hit from Jaebum.

            “I…I guess I never really looked at it that way. I just try so hard ya know and I just want it to pay off.”

            “It will, it is paying off. Look at all the awards we’ve made and we will continue to earn the love from our fans because they respect and adore you, now why don’t you come back up with me and lets go play with the kids, they’re really cute.” Jinyoung said.

            Wiping his face with the back of his hand Jaebum grabbed Jinyoung’s hand and followed him back to where the children were. Most of them were playing with BamBam and Mark while Jackson and Youngjae were trying to coax the children their way. Yugyeom currently had one of the little tykes hitched up on his shoulders and was “flying” around the room with them.  Jaebum spotted the little girl he made cry earlier down on the floor playing with a puppy. Jaebum didn’t want to step inside the room but Jinyoung just pulled the leader into the room, laughing a bit as he thought of how terrified Jaebum looked. He could imagine the breaking news, Got7 Leader Jaebum terrified of children, women everywhere saddened by the news and are in mourning.

            Sitting down in front of the girl Jinyoung said hello and tapped Jaebum’s leg so that he would do the same. The young girl moved her attention from the dog onto the two older boys in front of her.

            “Why’s your face all red?” She asked, pointing at Jaebum’s tear stained face.

            Jaebum had no idea what to tell the girl so Jinyoung leaned in and whispered, “A monster made Jaebum sad. He scared Jaebum so bad he started to cry. I think Jaebum’s still too scared to speak.” Jinyoung said nodding.

            The little girl looked up at Jaebum and said, “Really is that true?” When Jaebum looked at Jinyoung the boy gave him a subtle thumbs up.

            “Y…yes he was a very scary monster.” Jaebum said to the girl.

            “You know I scare monsters away for my baby brother all the time. I could scare your monster away from you if you’d like.” She said smiling up at Jaebum.

            “Really you’d do that for me?” He asked, in mock amusement for the girl’s sake.

            “Yea! I’ll blast him with my fairy magic!” She said before reaching for Jaebum’s hands. She pulled off one of her bright pink bracelets and handed it to the leader.

            “This will protect you from the goblins.” She said very seriously as she tapped her own orange bracelet.

            “Thank you,” Jaebum said smiling at the adorable little girl.

            “Alright now let’s go get those monsters!” She said jumping up off the floor before charging around the room before looking at Jaebum when he didn’t follow her right away. “Come on the beast is that way!” She screamed excitedly. Before following the girl Jaebum leaned over and placed a kiss on Jinyoung’s cheek, whispering a quick thank you into the boy’s ear. Perhaps he really wasn’t so scary after all.