Chapter 1

The Perfect Love Story

 

“Hello…” Taeyeon said as she awkwardly approached Taeyang.

“Ah! Hello. How are you?” Taeyang replied surprisingly wondering why a stranger had come up to him.

Taeyeon smiled, “I’m great. Are you lost?”

With confusion on his face, Taeyang had made sure to learn this line before he had left for Seoul, “I’m sorry, but I don’t speak Korean that well…”

Taeyeon still had a great smile on her face and let out a quiet chuckle. “Do you speak English?”

“How did you know?” Taeyang answered back with another question with astonishment.

“Lucky guess….”

“I am Taeyang by the way.” Taeyang broke the silence by introducing himself in Korean. He continued in English, “I have got to keep practising if I am going to be here for a while.”

Taeyeon silently chuckled, “I am Kim Taeyeon. Nice to meet you.”

“Well… as you can see I am a bit lost,” said Taeyang as he looked up and around the campus. “Could you please help me? I am looking for the Arts Building. Here’s my class schedule and the signs are a bit hard for me to read.”

It was in the middle of winter and Taeyang had never seen snow from where he came from. The cold air made his fingers numb even through the thick gloves he wore. And as he spoke, mist blew out from his mouth that rose up into the bright sun.

Taeyeon wore a thick white jacket with a matching woollen beanie. She had dark gloves where the shape of each finger stood out. Her nose was pink due to the freezing air. She held out her hand as Taeyang placed his class schedule in her hands. “Ya! You’re in the same class as me!”

By hearing those words Taeyang felt relieved knowing that he had met a new friend at University, and even better, a friend in the same class. They both walked to class and Taeyeon had offered  Taeyang to sit next to her.

At University, Taeyeon had only a couple of friends, but not many due to her busy schedule with the entertainment and girl group. After class Taeyeon had invited Taeyang to go have lunch with him. She showed him a great restaurant to eat where they sat and talked to each other for a while. “Where do you come from?” Taeyeon asked.

“I’m here on an exchange program from Australia.” He replied as he was taking a scoop of rice out of his food in his bowl.

“Wow. Really?” Taeyeon seemed very interested. “What is it like there?”

Taeyang and Taeyeon continued talking. They spent a while eating because their conversation was neverending. When they were about to leave, they both got up to pay for their meals. However, before leaving Taeyang insisted that he should pay. They both playfully argued, and in the end he had paid for both of their meals. And with that they both departed and exchanged phone numbers.