Main Story

These Words Will Forever Be True

As the small, white, stick fell to the floor, reality slowly sank in. The clattering of it brought realizations of all kinds to your mind.

You were barely out of your 10's.

You weren't married.

Your boyfriend wasn't back from practice yet.

And you were...plus one.

     You felt your eye twitch. What were all these emotions flying through your mind? What should you feel? You loved children and always wanted a big family, but now? It was too soon. You thought about all the previous nights of unbridled passion that you and Kai shared. But one of them was different. Slowly you realized the mistake.

   One of those needy nights did not include something all the other shared. Protection. Regret filled you heavily, as you remembered Kai being too lust filled to care that night. To think. One night of pleasure brought upon such a sudden life change. You felt warm, stinging, tears begin to prick at your eyes. As they fell, you slowly slumped to the floor.

What would you do?

What would become of you?

What would Kai say?

     Lost in your own sorrows, the door to your studio apartment slamming shut alarmed you into a yelp. Oh god. Kai wasn't in a good mood. He would not be pleased. You heard his feet slowly pad around the carpeted floor outside the bathroom, looking for you. You scurried to the bathroom door and pressed your ear against it. He was muttering angrily about his aching body, his lack of appetite and his disgust towards the smell of the fried chicken you made for his dinner, and the lack of you in his sight.

   He stopped outside the bathroom door realizing the light was on and the door was closed. He snarled and harshly slammed his hand against the door once, making his presence known. Taken aback you jumped away from the door afraid. Kai was never violent with you. He must have really had a bad day. “Ya! I'm here! Why aren't you?!” he growled.

     You gulped back a whimper and called out “I'll be right out, oppa.”, your voice quivering. He grunted and walked away. You slowly arose, trying to hold yourself together, and made your way to the door. You reached for the doorknob but stopped midway. Would he be even more upset with you? Should you wait to tell him? Standing tall and mustering all the calm you could, you opened the door and stepped out. When you approached the room he was in, you felt your bravery shift.

   As you stepped through the door, his head quickly whipped up and his eyes met with yours, blazing. Just like that your bravado fell and you immediately broke down. His face instantly softened. “Jagi? Jagi, what's wrong?” he spoke gently, approaching you gingerly. You continued sniveling as you felt his hands softly caress up your arms. He sighed and led you to the couch. Sitting down, he pulled you down onto his lap and hugged your quaking figure close. “Come on, (Y/N). Tell oppa what's wrong.” he said with a wry smile. When he couldn't get a response he starting poking your back.

     “Ya~. We live together, so I’m gonna find out regardless.” he said staring up at you through your bangs. He sighed heavily after waiting another minute or so and delicately nudged you off his lap and onto the space beside him. “I'll go get you some tissue.” he said softly. He stood up and walked out of the room. You didn't realize that the pregnancy test was still in the bathroom on the floor, where you dropped it. Your head snapped up and you quickly rose, but it was too late.

   You heard the light switch in the bathroom flick on and you heard all movement cease. Shaking, you sat down and waiting to hear him roar or scream. Nothing. Silence. You didn't whether to fear the quiet more than yelling. Out of nowhere you heard a sniffle. Followed by a hiccup. And another sniffle. Worry consuming you, you stand and cautiously approach the bathroom. Now you heard soft gasps. You push everything out of your mind and rush into the bathroom.

     You look at the kneeled figure before you, shaking with silent cries. No doubt that he now knows, but what does this reaction mean?  You kneel beside him and looked at his face full on. He was smiling. Were those tears of joy? You gulped and said “Jongin?” He laughed. “Ya~! Why didn't you say something. Aish...I feel so stupid...”

   He wiped at his eyes and jumped on you, enveloping you in a big, warm hug. You giggled “Oppa~ get off, you're too heavy!” You swatted at him and he caught your hands and began placing kisses all over them. As your laughter faded, you thought about the  reality part. “Jongin, this isn't gonna be easy. Being parents.” you said in a serious tone. He straightened and in a very flat and monotonous voice said “And neither were you.” He winked and you choked and began coughing.

     He laughed and pat your back “Jagi, don't die!” You stared at him wide eyed “So you aren't mad at me?” you said in disbelief. He quickly shook his head, and the mess of platinum hair whipped about. A bright and dazzling smile on his face, he leaned over and kissed your cheek. You beamed happily and then pounced on him. “AISH, JAGI! MY BACK!” he screeched.

   Laughing at his dramatic display you kissed all over his face before settling upon his lips. “Oppa, I love you.” you whispered against his lips. He looked from your lips to your eyes and breathed back “Saranghae, jagi.” and with that he closed the remaining space between your lips and kissed you with such intensity you almost couldn't keep up. When you broke apart for air, you quickly said “Careful, Jongin. Isn't this how it happened in the first place?” teasing him. He smirked and rolled his eyes before hungrily attacking your lips again. No point in stopping him. The maximum had happened. So you returned the passion and kept his sweet words dearly close.

Saranghae, (Y/N)