Storm

Exozy drabble
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Through the window she can see the lighting swiftly striking, indicating she has but a few seconds to quickly brace for what is coming. Her eyes shut and her hands rapidly cover her ears.

But it is pointless.

The thunder roars almost immediately after; even with her hands pressed hard against her ears the terrifying sound makes everything shake and she trembles in fear. It's been awhile since the last time a storm scares her this much.

Another lightning burst on the night sky and its thunder rumbles with the same force as the previous one. This goes on for several minutes.

Time passes, but the raging storm outside doesn't waver. Suzy tries to be brave and stand it but there comes a point in which she can't take it anymore. She scans her surroundings, barely making out the forms of her sound asleep friends in the darkness of the night. How can they remain calm and snoring through something like this?

She had been asleep before too, but the storm woke her up.

As more thunders crash around, she grows more and more afraid. Whispering to herself "be strong, it's okay" works no more to shut her terror off. Every time she listens to that horrible sound pure fear runs through her body. There is no way to escape from it, no matter how hard she fights to keep the noise out of her ears.

When a particularly strong strike makes her flinch, she muffled a cry and decides this can't continue. She pushes her covers away, and stands up. Her light shirt and shorts are of no use to counter the coldness of the room.

Suzy sidesteps Jia's and Fei's  bodies, careful not to wake them or trip on them. For a moment she wonders if she should ask one of them for help, but chooses not to. Mark and Jackson are out of the question as well.

Wooyoung, Luhan and the others are resting in the adjoining room, she knows. Perhaps it is a good idea that they planned this communal sleepover at the Mark's house.

Silently, Suzy makes her way out. She wants to be quick, because the time between thunders is shortening each time.

When she enters the other room, she is able to see her brother sprawled on his sleeping bag, snoring. Ji eun and Krystal are on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter