Never Let Me Dream

Don't Wake Me Up

Jiwon was restless. He moved all over the bed and used most of the space. Which he usually did, but tonight he was really restless. For the last few weeks he has been getting nightmares. Some woke him up in a few minutes, some kept him locked inside the nightmares for the whole night! Hanbin woke up that night after Jiwon´s hand touched him a few times, some weak, scared sounds escaping his lips.

Hanbin stared irritated a few seconds in the dark, turned around in the bed to see the clock, 03.21 a.m. “” he mumbled with a tone that made it almost impossible to hear what he said. He stared in the dark for a few seconds so his eyes became used to the darkness that surrounded him and his lover in the bed.

Hanbin slowly turned around so he could face his lover that he shared this bed with. What he expected to see was his lover to be peacefully sleeping with his back or face turned against him, and him sleeping so peacefully. But it didn’t happen. Instead he saw Jiwon in the bed as a completely mess. He was like a ball, all curled up so you couldn’t see his face, arms or legs. Only his back, so fragile. His hands protecting his face from any harm that could happen. Trying to block everything. A small whimper escaped his lips, heartbreaking, so weak, so scared, so broken, so destroyed.

With that view Hanbin became completely awake and tried to wake up Jiwon. Kept on shaking him, speaking to him and making Jiwon sit up. But nothing really worked. After 15 minutes or more Hanbin finally saw signs of Jiwon waking up. His messy hair just wrecked. His face sweaty and a complete mess. Small dried streams of tear marks on his face, painted over his cheeks. Eyes filled to the brim with tears even after a lot have been on his cheeks.

Hanbin didn’t think twice and just hugged him. Jiwon was just stiff some seconds, but after those seconds. He hung to Hanbin for his dear, small life. His tears escaping his eyes, sounds of sobbing and crying ran out of his mouth. Filled their dark room with sadness. Made everything darker inside.

Hanbin just kept hugging Jiwon, holding him like fragile glass. Close to his chest and safe. Safe from the demons trying to take over Jiwon’s thoughts. Like a protective amulet or spell. Protecting him from evil things and calming him down. “It’s okay” he repeated like a mantra. Feeling Jiwon’s erratic breathing and stable crying breaking his heart.

Slowly, Jiwon became empty with tears and sounds. There were a few seconds between every sob and his breathing slowly became regulated again. Hanbin’s shirt, almost nothing but tears started to become uncomfortable.

The silence grew in the dark room and Hanbin didn’t really want to break it. But he did, “Do you want to talk about it?” he asked, careful and didn’t let go of Jiwon. “You died, in a car crash” Jiwon said, almost broken.

“You were on your way back home from work, no one knew whose fault it was”. So broken he sounded while letting those words roll of his tongue. “I dreamed of my life without you there, it felt so realistic, I felt so lost without you” his fingers digging deeper in my shirt. “So alone in a gray world, so angry for you leaving me there alone, so lost and confused”.

“I’m never leaving you here alone” Hanbin answered, throwing away all Jiwon’s bad thoughts with those words. Calming him down. He felt Jiwon pull away and felt his fingers let him go, he used this little moment to look at the clock, 04.17 a.m. was written there in bright red before it changed and showed 04.18 a.m. He felt the need of throwing off his shirt and did it while Jiwon stared at him, throwing it carelessly on the floor.

Jiwon stared at Hanbin with red swollen eyes, the happiness was completely covered with sadness. So wrong. Everything was wrong and Hanbin just wanted to change that. Kill the sadness that was just wrapped around him for now, take it away. Kill it, just kill the sadness with his own hands.

“I’m never leaving you“ Hanbin whispered, hugging Jiwon like he would die if he let go. Holding him close, holding him for his dear life. Didn’t want to let go.

 

gtopshipper gave me an idea for this sequel, that the story was a dream and bobby woke up with hanbin by his side. i turned it into a nightmare, i really don't know why. but it was the esiest to do it like that. i would love too get feedback on this.