The Brat and The Jerk

My Best Friend's Boyfriend

"What are you doing Hyeji? What are you doing?" Kim Taehyung spoke as he hovered over me while I sat at Sooyoung's desk. His body was directly over me, his arms beside my notebook before i looked directly up at him. Our faces met, his eyes locking with mine. I quickly looked down in discomfort, shifting in my seat in hopes that he'd back away. 

"Kim Taehyung, are you four? Why do you have so many god damn questions? Can't you see I'm busy?" I asked. Taehyung fell silent for once, but i could feel his body heat continuously radiate against me. His body shifted closer to mine, i could feel myself suffocating on the scent of his cologne. His chest pressed against my back, and i shifted a bit more. His hand rose to my cheek, and he tilted my head upwards to look at him. Our eyes looked in a heavy gaze before he left out a laugh, his voice dulling down as a smile formed on his face.

"Hyeji-ah, what are you doing?" He asked. I was automatically done with him, yet I stuck to his gaze like my shoe did when i stepped in glue. He placed his hand back on the table with a grin, and my head fell back down, my gaze hitting my notebook again. 

"Kim Taehyung." I said. He paused for a bit before responding with a light hum. "Don't you have something better to do besides bothering me? like, don't you have a hobby of some sort or friends to hang out with?" I asked, and he sat down on the empty side of the desk, his face dulling down. 

"I consider you my friend. One of my only friends here. You do realize i just moved here, right?" I could hear sorrow in his voice. I felt bad about it. The brat had been bothering me as soon as he moved in, but i didn't realize it was because he wanted my friendship. I fell silent, my eyes hitting the paper again before he slipped off the desk, slowly leaving the room and closing the door gently. I could hear his footsteps trailing towards his room. 

Sooyoung entered the room shortly afterwards, after she'd stayed back at school for an audition of some sort. She placed her bag down in the corner before she walked over to the desk, settling down in the bean bag chair she kept in the corner next to it. 

"Is Taehyung okay? He seems to be very...disappointed maybe?" She asked. I shrugged lightly, not wanting to mention his dulling of expression when I told him off. What a soft kid, usually guys don't even act that way.

"I don't know what's wrong with Taehyung but where have you been?" I asked. She let out a sigh of contentment, and I automatically knew something had happened. I turned my whole body to face her, waiting for her to tell me the news.

"You know Jungkook right?" She asked. I froze. She couldn't have been talking about the arrogant Jeon Jungkook. No way, she knew I hated him. He used to bother me when we were around twelve years old. He'd torment me and call me unattractive, he even told my crush how i felt about him by writing a letter to him pretending to be me. what a sell out he was. the girls would bow down to him, but not me. I'd rather be shot and killed then stuck in the same room with that jerk.

"Jeon Jungkook, the guy I can't stand?" I asked. She paused before slowly nodding.

"Yeah, I'm going out with him now and-" I automatically stood up. My heart sunk into a pit of pain. Sooyoung knew what he'd done to me in the past, yet she still went out with him. I fell silent, left the room, slammed the door, and went down the steps. Footsteps pattered behind me, and I went faster because I thought it was Sooyoung. I didn't want to talk to her, not now. 

"Stop. Where are you going?" No. It wasn't Sooyoung, but her bratty stepbrother, Taehyung. I turned back at him for a moment, before I opened the front door. he jumped off the steps quickly and grabbed my wrist. I was halfway out the door. He pulled me inside before slamming the door behind me, dragging me over to the couch and sitting me down. 

"Taehyung, I'm not in a good mood and-"

"What did Jeon Jungkook do to you."

I froze in my spot. Taehyung heard the whole conversation, didn't he? He knew something went on between Jungkook and I, he could sense it. I kept my mouth shut, knowing that Jungkook was the first friend Taehyung had made in school.

"Nothing, I just need to get home." I said. He sighed and put his face in his hands, and I got up from the couch, walking back to the front door. I opened it. He was there, right in front of me. I hadn't faced him in quite some time, and now he was standing right there. No. No.

"S-Seo Hyeji? Is that you?" He asked, a smirk forming on his face. I pushed him out of the way and showed myself out.