[Side Story] Halloween Special Pt. II

Time Bomb

Halloween Special Pt. II

 

 

Married To the Music: SHINee

 

 

 

 

After the last bell of the day had rung, Mark and Saehee made their way towards the dark blue Scion TC 2015 car. The pair had agreed to have a movie marathon at the male’s house. Being very generous, they also bought two large boxes of candy to hand out (each box contained 180 candies) to trick-or-treaters. It was their first Halloween together but it felt like the tenth. Giddy and excited, Saehee immediately ran to the front porch of his house and rang the doorbell. Having already met his parents, Raymond and Dorine greeted her with couple costumes. The two were dressed up as Beauty and the Beast while Mark’s younger brother, Joey went as Iron Man.

 

“It’s nice to see you again,” smiled Raymond and the two exchanged quick hugs. “Dorine and I are going to be accompanying Joey tonight so it’ll just be you and Mark.” When Mark walked in, Raymond mischievously grinned, “No funny business alright?” The couple’s cheeks went pink and immediately, they pushed them out the door. Raymond’s laughter could be heard from behind the door and Saehee sighed.

 

“I’ll never get used to your dad’s jokes,” shyly, she walked up to Mark and smiled at him. Returning the grin, Mark walked to the freezer and took out a large bucket of Napoleon ice cream.

 

“I rented out four different movies,” smirking, he took them out of his bag. Usually, Saehee wasn’t scared of horror/thriller movies but the cover on the far left made her face turn pale. Colour left her face and she choked on her saliva. Guessing from her facial expression, Mark had a feeling that the two were going to break up after watching Chuckie so he placed the DVD on the kitchen table. He barricaded it with newspapers and sheepishly smiled at his girlfriend. “Let’s not break up tonight huh?”

 

Saehee laughed and shook her head, “I think breaking up would be the wrong term.” Taking the bucket of ice cream, she took a seat on the couch and immediately started to devour the frosty, sugary sweet. “I’d most likely kill you after watching that.” The older male was about to sit beside her until he heard the world “kill”. Thinking twice, he the TV and inserted Insidious into the DVD player. Saehee walked over towards the light switch and turned off the living room lights.

 

“Don’t forget to turn the porch lights on,” reminded Mark. With a flick of a finger, the lights illuminated the dark porch. She returned to her seat, just in time for the opening scene of the movie.

 

“This is my favourite movie,” Saehee commented and the boy grinned.

 

“I know,” he kissed her forehead.


 

 


 


 

It was fancy, Yugyeom had to say. The entrance of the school was decorated with a long red carpet and the lockers were filled with decorations. Fake spiders, flying witches and candy decorations filled the halls and classrooms. Walking side by side, Sora and Yugyeom marveled at how well the student council had come together to make the school so festive. As the made their way towards the gym, a large sign with “Haunted House” printed on it made Sora squeal in delight.

 

“Gyeom, let’s go in!” she smiled. Before he could say anything, the couple was already at the entrance of the so-called “Haunted House”. He found it hilarious how his precious girlfriend would scream at subtle movements. When they turned left, a “zombie” jumped out and Sora screamed, running away from the six-foot boy. At first he shrugged it off and went to go look for her; that was, until he couldn’t find her after searching for a solid twenty minutes. Yugyeom grew worried. He started to perspire and called out for her. The “ghosts” however did not really care about the worried boy. They appeared one by one, trying to scare the worried boy.

 

“Go away!” he grumbled, threatening to punch the poor ghost that had appeared by his leg. Walking into the “kitchen”, he found another ghost hiding behind the kitchen counter. “If you try to scare me, I’ll literally punch you.” It was sudden change in roles. Another ten minutes went by and Yugyeom decided to search by the exit. It was dark and the boy finally had enough of this. He really did, hate Halloween.

 

“Ugh,” he mumbled, “Where did she go?” Carelessly walking towards the exit sign, an eerie sound crept up and someone tugged on his leg. He screamed and kicked the hand; running towards the exit to find Sora laughing away. His jaw dropped and he approached the girl.

 

“I can’t believe I finally did it!” she laughed, “I finally scared you.” He was dumbfounded. What is going on? Hi-fiving the ghost at the exit, Sora grinned at her boyfriend. “You were so serious when we walked in. I was afraid I’d never see you smile or laugh.” Confused, Yugyeom’s eyes furrowed. “Come one you giant, you’re supposed to have fun tonight. Don’t worry too much about those visions.” She turned around and flashed a toothy grin, “Remember what you said? Have fun tonight!” His frown was slowly replaced by a curvy smile. How did I get so lucky?

 

Thanking the hosts, the couple finally arrived in the gymnasium where everyone was partying. Spotting Jackson at the DJ’s corner, Yugyeom walked over and the two exchanged handshakes.

 

“Why, hello DJ Thor,” snickered Sora. Jackson couldn’t hear her over the music and becked her to come closer. She repeated what he said and Jackson repeated his action. Closer and closer, until the blonde haired male gave her a peck on the cheek. “Y-Yah!”

 

Alarmed, Yugyeom walked over and pulled her away from the flirt. “Hands off. She’s mine remember?” Jackson laughed his hyena laugh and grinned. He changed the song and 2PM’s Hands Up started playing.

 

“The guys are at the food bar!” yelled the older male and the couple went to go find the rest of the Avengers. Sidetracked by the variety of desserts and drinks, Yugyeom and Sora decided that food was more important than the boys. There were graveyard pudding cups

 

 


 

spider cupcakes


 


 

monster fingers


 

 


 

and cute pumpkin cookies filled with M&Ms.

 

 


 

Of course there were more variety of desserts but Yugyeom found these the most realistic. After grabbing a plate full of sweets, the rest of GOT7 (excluding Mark and Jackson) greeted the couple.

 

 


 

They did their little handshakes and suddenly, Youngjae gasped and shouted in glee. “Wow! Your costumes are the best!”


 

 


 

Sora laughed, “of course, it was my idea!” Yugyeom playfully rolled his eyes. “I got him into FF7 a few weeks ago. We’ve been playing it ever since.” Feeling betrayed, Yugyeom decided to go bug Jackson. He was on his break while another DJ took over. Jackson swung his Thor hammer around, playfully hitting Yugyeom while the taller male took out his sword. The “battle” was gaining lots of attention and a crowd started to form around them. Girls around were shocked; they had never seen Yugyeom be so playful with other people. Sora watched on the sidelines with a grin. There you go… Enjoy yourself. With a swing of his long (and heavy) sword, Jackson dramatically fell and “died”.

 

The crowd cheered and Jackson grinned. He got up and went to his station, shouting into the mic, “What’s up Seoul High! It’s your boy, DJ Jackson in the house!” The gym was filled with cheers and hoots. “It’s finally time for the main event of tonight.” He took the mic and everyone from GOT7 ran up the stage, leaving Sora in utter confusion. “Put your hands together for… GOT7!” Everyone screamed and an upbeat song started playing. “This song is dedicated to our childish friend! Enjoy!” Gasping, Sora grinned when Yugyeom started to rap. Throughout the song, Sora found herself bobbing to the music and cheering for the group. It was an addicting song and her heart did somersaults each time Yugyeom winked at her.

 

“You’re not flashy, but you softly glow. Like the moon in the night sky, like the flowers in the field. You seem plain, but you’re special like a gem that can be seen. To people who know.” JB sang the last line and the music started fading after five measures of “I like you” being repeated over and over again. It was sa cute song and everyone seemed to enjoy it. The song came to an end and everyone roared out in cheers. Yugyeom made his way towards Sora and the two grinned at each other like foolish ducks.

 

“You never said you were performing,” mumbled Sora as the two hugged. Everyone in the gym gasped (in horror and in shock) while girls started whispering.

 

“You never asked,” he laughed and the two made their way towards the dance floor. A slow ballad came on and they danced the waltz. All eyes were on them while a light shone down on them but the couple didn’t notice at all; they were in their own little world. “Have I ever said that you look beautiful?”

 

Sora snorted and the two bursted out laughing, “No, but thank you Mr. Cheesy.”

 

“You know,” he whispered and leaned closer to her, “I never really liked Halloween. But I feel like this year…” their foreheads touched, “This year has been different. I’m starting to like this stupid holiday again.”

 

Grinning, the two kissed and the crowd went wild.



 


 





 

“깜짝이야 (Kkamjjakiya: equivalent to oh my god)!” Mark screamed when a ghost appeared. Saehee silently laughed at the foolish boy. His pronunciation was so clear when he was startled.

 

“Is my little Markiepoo scared?” she teased but the older male playfully glared at her. Karma shot back and a loud eerie sound made Saehee jump. Mark’s high-pitched laugh filled the living room. Her face turned pink, “shut up…”

 

There were few trick-or-treaters at their door so the couple decided to eat some of the candy. The movie was ignored and the two were engrossed in a candy fight. It was all fun and games until thumping was heard and their heads turned in the direction of the front door. Assuming it was trick-or-treaters, Mark went up and the lights. He opened the door with a handful of candy but realised that no one was there. Shrugging, he closed the door and noticed that Saehee was missing. Where did she go? Mark looked around the living room until he found his girlfriend sitting by the stairs in shock. Releasing the object in her hand, Saehee ran towards Mark and hugged him.

 

“T-There’s a hand there!” she cried. The pink-haired male picked up the “hand” and examined it. The thumping suddenly started again. Checking the backdoor this time, Mark swung the door open and his shoulders fell. No one was there.

 

“Let’s just go back to the movie. I’m sure Joey just left that hand there to scare us.” They sat back down on the couch and resumed watching Paranormal Activity 2. The woman in the movie went to check on her baby but when she entered the room, she was suddenly jolted back and was dragged down the stairs by a mysterious figure. The pair were startled. Then, someone lightly tapped Saehee on the shoulder. Turning around, she screamed at the top of her lungs and fell to the floor; dragging Mark down with her who also screamed. The lights and laughter was heard.

 

“You two are the easiest to scare!” a familiar voice cried out while other voices were still laughing. Mark and Saehee got up from the ground and their jaws hung wide when they saw Mark’s family. Joey growled playfully at them and took off his Joker mask. Heat rushed up to their cheeks and the two busted out in complaints.

 

“Joey, you are so dead!” screamed Mark. They brothers chased each other around the house leaving Saehee, Dorine and Raymond laughing.


 


For those who don't really like scary stuff, have fun watching GOT7 screaming their lungs out! HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!