solo

Hunting Mirror

──────── ✧ ──────────

"Kim Hana! You should at least help your mom unpack the utensils and the kitchenware" the father told his eldest daughter, who was stubborn. Hana just nods but she was not moving her bottom from the lazy chair located on the veranda and kept playing with her phone.

"I never remember what she used to recompense me since I raised her." He walked away to trucks to move goods. The father shook his head as he glared at his elder daughter. While Kim Minah, Hana's younger sister was busy with her new room arranging her book and new bedroom set. Minah was so excited to go to the new school in this new town. 

"Hana!! Come here!! Help me, you brat!" the mother started to yell after things started to become quiet for more than a few minutes. Knowing her parents, Hana knew that both of them would ever give her a chance to take a breather. It's not like she never helped them, but she had done more than enough. Hana rolled her eyes up. "Shut up, mom! I am busy right now!" She replied and looked back at her phone. So busy with her social network sites. Her father glared at her with a fire in his eyes. "What??" Hana look back at her father and went into the house. She strolled slowly into the kitchen and sat on the countertop.

"Aren't you going to help me?" the mother asked, looking at her daughter, that was super busy with her phone.

"No. You could do it yourself." Hana smiled at her mother. She stepped down from the countertop and went to the living hall sitting with her feet on the coffee table just like she used to do.

"Kim Hana! You are a rascal! Put your feet down on the floor and take off your shoes!!" the father suddenly came into the living hall. Hana just nod and took off her shoes. Then, she put her sneakers on the table, smiling at her father. Kim Chulmoo sighed and went away to the kitchen. Hana smirked and laughed slowly behind her smile.

"Why is my room so small?" Hana came to the dining hall and looked at her parents. "That was the only room left," Chulmoo said to his daughter. "Then, why did Minah's room a lot bigger than mine? You should give that room to me!" Hana said and stand tall in front of her parent. "She needs to study, and she needs a place to keep all of her books." The mother replied and smiled softly at her eldest daughter. "Don't smile like that to me. You knew that I hate it a lot." Hana walks out of the house.

"She should not be born as my daughter." Chulmoo simply said, and his wife nodded in agreement. Hana smiled to hear her parents talk from the outside. She just walked to the street and wandered around the city. She hates her new house because she loves their old neighbourhood a lot. Hana walked to a place where she usually went to. "Hana!! Want some?" A boy was calling for her and holding high a bottle of beer. Hana smiled and took the bottle from him. 

──────── ✧ ──────────

Hana struggles to walk straight and to cover her laugh. Bluekk!! Hana stood in front of the sink, looking at the mirror. She tied her shoulder-length hair into a ponytail. She sipped some tap water and drank it. After a short cleaning of herself, she went out of the bathroom heading to the kitchen for something to eat.

"Really? Is it pretty? I should tell my parents first... No?? Why does it need to be a secret?... No, I don't want to follow you... I love my family a lot, so I can't follow you... No, I don't want to.." the voice came from the store. Hana heard Minah's voice talking to somebody slowly, and Hana was anxious. She went into the store. "I cannot follow you... I want to live with my family.." the voice became clear, but Minah was not seen inside of the store that was piled up with boxes of household things. Hana was worried as she could not see her little sister. 

She tried to find Minah inside the store while being half sober. She threw all out the boxes that were blocking her way from the direction of her little sister's voice. Her hand moves really fast despite being wasted. Her adrenaline rush comes in and makes her almost sober to save her little sister. Suddenly, she saw a door behind all the goods in less than a moment. The door was beautifully carved with some weird language words. "No!! Let go of me! I am not going to follow you into your world... Let go of me!! HELP !!" Minah screamed, but her voice was weak. Hana cleared all the things that were blocking the door and pushed the door hard.

"Minah! Kim Minah! Open the door! Open the door before I break it!!" Hana punches the door really hard, but the door cannot be opened. "Unnie! Hana unnie!! Help me!!" Minah turns the doorknob from the inside, but the door still cannot be opened.

The mysterious man with a masquerade mask smiled at Minah and pulled her hand. Minah cried as she called for Hana, who was knocking from the other side of the door. "Unnie!! Help me! He's taking me! Unnie!!!" A cry of desperation from Minah causes Hana to look around to break the door. She knew from the voice that Minah was extremely terrified right now. Hana took a hammer that she saw in the store and smashed the doorknob until it broke into pieces. Hana barged into the room, and the room was surrounded by mirrors. Minah was hypnotized with her eyes closed, walking towards a man that was smiling at her in the mirror. Hana pushed her sister until she fell to the floor and everything went blank. 

"Arrrrrghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!" Minah screamed when all the mirrors inside the unknown room burst, causing the loud noise of shattered glasses to echo in the silent neighbourhood.  

──────── ✧ ──────────

Minah covers her face with her hands as the glass around the room burst. A deathly silence came right after all of the mirrors in the room burst, Minah got up on her feet to run out of the room, but her step halted, remembering that Hana had saved her. Minah turned around to the sight of Hana lying flat on the floor, covered in shattered glass. "Unnie!! Unnie!! Unnie!! Hana unnie!!" Minah cried, looking at her sister on the floor with blood all over her body. Minah couldn't remember anything. All she remembered that Hana pushed her to the floor, as Hana fall backwards into the mirror, causing all the mirrors in the small chamber breaks into pieces and some of the pieces cut Hana's skin. Hana's eyes were closed tight. Minah cried her heart out and ran for her parents' help.

Chulmoo and his wife stared at their eldest daughter without words could escape from their mouth. The body that was covered with blood and shattered glass could not gain their empathy. "She just got herself a few cuts. She may have just fainted. The glass won't kill her." Chulmoo said and looked at Hana's body. The mother just remained silent and walked out. "She will wake up, so don't worry too much." She said and went to the kitchen to comfort her youngest daughter, that was traumatized. "What a troublesome!" Chulmoo sighed, lifted his unconscious daughter to his car, and started to drive her to a hospital as soon as he arrived at the main door with his daughter in his arm. All the doctors and paramedics ran towards him and took Hana to an operating room. 

"Her cuts were a lot, could you tell me how she got these cuts?" one of the doctors came to Chulmoo and interrogated him. "She crashed into a mirror." The doctor just nodded and patted the father's shoulder. "Just wait until the operation is done and we will know the outcomes." The doctor smiled at Chulmoo and went away. Chulmoo went home; he was very sleepy at the moment.  Knowing how many times that Hana tried to commit suicide, maybe this was also a suicidal attempt.

"Where is she?" the mother asked as she noticed her husband was already home. "The doctor still handling her, they will tell us if there is anything important."  The wife just nodded and continued her sleep. "She is not going to die just because of some cuts. She survived multiple suicide attempts. She's not going to die that easily," Chulmoo said. On another hand, Minah was crying in her room, thinking about her elder sister. After a few hours, Chulmoo's phone started to vibrate. Ring! Ring! Ring~! Chulmoo was woken up by the phone and answered the call as the number of the hospital appeared on the screen. 

"Hello? Is this Kim Chulmoo, the father of Kim Hana?" The nurse.

"Yes, Kim Chulmoo speaking."

"We need you to come to the hospital as soon as possible and bring all the family members."

"Why? Is there anything wrong?" Chulmoo asked. He stood up and woke his wife up.

"That brat keeps troubling us!!" the mother said and went to the car. They didn't let Minah follow them as they said Minah needed to go to school tomorrow. Chulmoo and his wife were assisted by the nurse into the operating room. They wore blue attire and a head cap and went into the place beside the operating room that had a glass separating the operating theatre and them. They could see Hana was surrounded by so many doctors and surgeons. "Yah! It can't be that serious, isn't it?" the mother asked the father. "It can't be serious; it's just normal cuts." Chulmoo looks at the havoc scene in the operating theatre.

"The pulse... the pulse is getting slower. We are losing her." A doctor's voice penetrated into their area. "More blood.. more blood." Another doctor responded, "Negative reaction, sir, negative." "Take care of her pulse. We are losing her!!" The chief surgeon commands. Hana's parents just stood still and froze to hear all of the doctors scream and shout in the operating theatre. Their eyes were fixed on their eldest daughter. "Kim Chulmoo~shii?" The nurse called him. "Yes."

"We need her guardian to be here and hope that you will wait. The hospital will need a guardian agreement if anything happens to Kim Hana." The nurse explained gently and went away. "Kim Hana is in a coma. She had lost a lot of blood and when she arrived at the hospital yesterday pretty late caused a shortage of oxygen in her brain. The neurologist tried their best but being in a coma is the only way to keep her alive. Her life decisions are in your hands. If you want her to keep her alive, then we will not touch her anymore and let the machine do their work. If you agree to let her go, we will shut down all the machines supporting her life." Chulmoo and his wife fell into a deep silence.