On My Own, I love You

On My Own, I love You

"Looking at you in a close proximity,  I can't breathe. I can't move. I can't even talk. My cheeks are turning red and I feel nervous when you are around but you don't even notice. On my own,  I love you."








          Baekhyun,  he's my classmate for three years already. I've been crushing on him since the day that I saw him but he don't even notice me.  He doesn't even know I exist,  no matter hard I persist.



 On my own,  I love him.




I never talked to him before and I never tried to. I'm afraid he won't even like me because I'm nerd, weird and not even pretty.



My friends helps me and encourage me to get closer to him.




"Hey Tae,  stop staring and get on moving. Nothing will happen if you just stare at him!" 


"You want us to get his number for you?"


"Have a little faith in yourself girl!"





When I finally gather enough courage to talk to him... I learned that he has a girlfriend. He always hangs out with that girl in the class.



 On my own, I love you but you love her.




In school,   though I have friends. I like to hang out alone. I always meet you at the lobby but you don't even greet me. But I still feel happiness when I see you. 



On my Own I love You.




In class,  the professor teach us really boring topic and loves to throw out lame jokes but seeing you in the front seat,  it makes me smile and happy. I feel so giddy. But you sit at the front row while I sit at the back. 



We are  so far from each other. When will we get close?


Our surnames are so far from each other but I'm hoping someday it will be the same.



On my own,  I'm hopelessly hoping.




My friends told me to become friend with a friend of yours to know more about you and I did tried to become friends with him.




Last year,  it was Valentines day. I thought of giving you a gift that day but your friend gave me a bouquet of flowers in my chair. The whole class saw it including you. He asked me out. I didn't give you my gift in result, I said yes because it's a friendly lunch anyway.  It's the first time someone appreciate me that way.



How I wish it was you instead of him.



On my own,  I am wishing 



We had a courtesy ball on a hotel, I saw you in suit. You look wonderful and handsome as always. I was wearing an aqua green long gown. I made myself pretty that night for you. Hoping you will notice me. 



On my own,  I pray you to notice me.



With the help of my friends, I was able to have a picture with you. I apologized to you and you said it was okay.We stood in a close proximity though the picture itself is awkward,  I treasure it within myself.


On my own, I love you.



I watched you on the stage because you were included in the models of the program,  gosh you look swell! I didn't blink my eyes until the program ends, all I see is you and you and you. But you don't see me.




 On my own, I love you.




When the program ends,  everybody went to the dance floor. They dance to a fun tune of music but when the music change it tune to sweet. Every lovers went on it... I saw you dancing with another girl,  it breaks my heart even though I know you weren't mine.



On my own,  I'm hurting.



When he was done dancing with that girl,  my friend danced with him and passed him to me. At first it was so awkward. We didn't even know how to position our hands and I don't even know how to dance but finally we get some rhythm on it.


On my own,  I'm wishing for the time to stop.



Looking at you in a close proximity,  I can't breathe. I can't move. I can't even talk. My cheeks are turning red and I feel nervous when you are around but you don't even notice. 



On my own,  I love you



The music changed and we stopped dancing. I said thank you and you give me two thumbs up. I still feel the touch of your hand on mine,  it's soft and tender and I can still smell the scent of your perfume even though you already went away from me.




On my own,  I'm wondering when will you be close to me again.



Your friend asked me to dance with him but I refused. He just confessed to me last week and I am sad because I cannot reciprocate his feelings like you can't reciprocate mine. 



On my own, I love you.



I changed to my casual dress and I saw you on the hotel lobby,  still wearing your suit. You said hi and I said hello then it's a goodbye.




 On my own,  I love you.




I heard a news about your friend that night. He broke a flag pole because of me. I feel sorry for him but I can't lie to myself. 



On my own,  I love you not him.




Afer that night,  I tried to forget my feelings for you to be considerate to your friend. Since I know how it feels to invest your heart to someone who doesn't even even pay your feelings back.  It's been a semester that I tried to ignore this heart of mine. But I can't. My heart drew me closer to you.



On my own,  I am yours but you weren't even mine.




On our geography class, you sit with that girlfriend of yours,  the teacher teases you two but you said she was just a friend. I feel relieved. The teacher ask you to sit at the vacant chair at the back. You sit closely in front of me. my friend keeps on staring at me with their teasing looks but I only stared at you.




On my own, all I see is you and you and you, hoping you might see me too.





Sometimes,  I caught you staring at me during one of our class but I do not know if I'm imagining things or what. But I'm still hoping that...



ON MY OWN,  YOU MIGHT LOVE ME TOO...



AUTHOR'S NOTE:

My first ever one shot story haha. Just for fun. Still working on my other story though "The Stone and the Lightbulb" .  I just remembered to find some inspiration to write. Hehe. Comment below for reactions!