Adventure Time!

Adventure Time!

 

Yeol sniffs, the air heavy with the smell of people and acid from the nasty stick in his owner's mouth. He lifts his ears at the sound of the bus arriving. His tail wags harder, the blood pumping in his veins. He couldn't wait for the open field and mailmen and cats just waiting to be chased. He tugs at his leash. It slips our of his owner's hand, his owner too preoccupied too notice. That's okay, though. Yeol doesn't need him to get to the dog park. He's got his trusty nose for that. He sneaks in along with the a family and takes a seat at the back, eagerly looking out the window. If only the window could be pulled down then it would be perfect.

The bus pulls to a stop and Yeol is happily running out the back door and takes another whiff. Baek. He recognizes his best friend's scent anywhere. He's almost at the park when - PIGEON. Yeol chases after the bird until it disappears. They always do that. He swears one day he's going to catch one before it pulls that same magic trick again.

Chen barks, interrupting his brooding. He wags his tail and instantly heads over to his two best friends. Chen is wagging his tail in anticipation, tongue lolling out of his mouth from the heat.

"Where's Baek?" Yeol barks. Chen whines and points with his muzzle towards his twin beagle brother who is crouching, his attention on their common enemy: Soo the Scary Cat.

"Today, we will win!" Chen growls. For the past two weeks they've been trying to claim back their tree but every time they get near it, Soo chases them off with his sharp claws and even sharper teeth.

"You're not actually going to go after him, are you?" They turn around to spot Kris towering over them. Or towering over Chen who's just a tiny beagle compared to the bloodhound.

"Why not? It'll be fun." Yeol is practically vibrating from excitement.

"Dangerous," Kris whines, his tail lowering between his legs. Chen his head to the left in confusion. But what was dangerous compared to having fun?

"Kris!" They hear a human voice chime before a flying stick appears out of nowhere.

"STICK!" Yeol barks before leaping into the air and catching it. The human approaches and scratches behind Yeol's ears just right.

"That was supposed to be for Kris but thank you." The human is laughing while tugging the stick out of Yeol's grip. He would've growled except he felt like he was in heaven with how he was hitting that spot perfectly with his nails. Kris barks in jealousy, demanding for his master's immediate love and attention.

"Alright, I hear you Kris. No need to get all excited now." The human leaves with Kris in tow leaving Yeol to stare sadly as he leaves for all of 0.5 seconds.

"Cat!" Yeol turns at the call and remembers their mission. Chase Soo the Scary Cat. Right. He and Chen crouch as low as Baek as they near Soo's shady spot. Though it's much harder for Yeol to get that low being all big and furry but that's okay.

Baek releases one warning bark before all three of them jump at once towards Soo. He yowls before fleeing. They chase after him in high spirits, the wind feeling wonderful on their faces before the pain starts.

Baek is the first to whimper and retreat. It takes Yeol awhile to realize what is happening. Soo managed to strike back and is clawing at their faces. Yeol lets out his own loud whimper, following Baek back to the park with his tail between his legs and head hanging low. The burn! THey flops on the ground, too tired and in pain to do any more chasing.

"You retreat at the first sign of pain? Really?" They lift their nuzzles to see Luhan in all his ferocious curls. Groomed poodle or not, Luhan ruled the park every Wednesday and Friday.

"But it hurt, Lu." Chen released a series of pitiful whimpers. Luhan just shakes his head in what is clearly disappointment. Yet, he still pads over and at their battle wounds until they're all up with tails a-wagging.

"Thanks, Lu! You're the best!" Baek barks. Luhan growls harmlessly at them, turning to head back over to where his master was calling him.

"Wanna chase the garbage truck before going home?" Baek suggests, eyes already focusing on said truck.

"Last one to the bumper is a dead squirrel!"

They chase happily after the garbage truck for a block before getting sidetracked by live squirrels. Yeol is an independent dog who doesn't need any master to have fun. He just needed his two best pals and an open field.