The aftershocks of love

Bad Blood

"Bye..." Myungsoo whispered as we both reached my home.

"Bye..." I whispered back, annoyed. I turned around but he grabbed my wrist. "Owo..."

"Why are you acting like that, haan??" He smirked and let go off my hand.

"Don't you try to to act bossy." I squinted my eyes.

"I am your boyfriend. I can act the way I want."

"Just leave." I pushed him backward.

He rolled his eyes before returning to me. "You're such a pain, really."

"I should be the one saying that."

"How rude! You won't even invite me, where are your manners?"

"Bye Myungsoo." I jumped up the step and unlocked the door. 

"Yah!" He tried to barge in but I shut the door at the right time.

I entered inside and giggled to myself.


 

"Yerim, pass me some salad." Umma asked me and I dragged the salad towards her. Just then my cell phone beeped.

"Get out." I read Myungsoo's text and sighed.

"Where to?" I replied back. My umma shot a look at me, a suspicious one. 

I swayed the chopsticks in my ramen bowl when another message knocked. "Anywhere, out of my heart."

"Yah! what do you mean!" I replied to his text, irritated at him

"I can't do anything... you are all over." He replied back.

"Yerim! Finish what you're eating and then go to bed, or study for exams." Umma started nagging.

"Fine." I stood up, leaving the table, without even touching my meal.

"Come back Yerim...." Umma stood up as well. "You've got it wrong!"

I rushed to the lounge and the T.V. on full volume to block out her voice. I flipped the channels and stuck on one which had my favourite drama.

"Yerim.... you should be studying... or atleast finish your dinner. You know umma's worried about you." She sat down on the couch with me and I slid to the side, before her embrace could capture me. I settled my eyes over the channel and it was a confession scene, Oh God! I couldn't remove the images from my mind. But the one showing on T.V. was a bit more dramatic.

"Yulhee, Mianhe! I love you." The lead actor muttered slowly.

As soon as those words uttered out of the actor 's lips, umma's nagging paused. She turned around to look at the two characters kissing each other. I looked back at umma who had her eyes glued to the couple. Her eyes abruptly changed position, now on me. "Yerim! Turn that off."

"Wae?" I replied back rudely.

She stood up and walked to switch off the T.V. "You are not old enough!"

"You're kidding me. I am 16 now."

"Huh..." She sighed and came back to me. "Don't make the same mistake again. Throw this feeling out of your heart. Everything has its own time. Its not time for you to fall in love, its time for you to decide your future." She tried to hug but I jerked her away. "Yerim..."

"You did a mistake in choosing the right guy, does that mean I'll do the same?" I asked with a sarcastic tone. "You never want me to grow up and watch the world with my perspectives." *beep* I looked at my cell phone.

"Yerim... you're heating up... Whats the matter? Is it the same guy from that night? Gimme your cell phone." She tried to snatch it but I held it like my life depended on it.

I rushed upstairs and locked my room, leaning against the door. I took in a sharp inhale and then ran to the mirror. I was blushing really red. What have you done to me, Myungsoo? A sudden thought rushed through my mind and I remembered how I vowed to myself, never to fall in love and I was now heads over heels. I was denying the feelings building within but I failed that day. He kissed me and I let every of the promises I made to myself burn like they never existed.


 

I woke up earlier the following day, thinking about how would I avoid the bullies, while curling up in my bed. There were high probabilities of getting killed today, or die an embarrassing death with the evil hands of Sungyeol. He seemed too mad yesterday and I had no guts to endure all those sufferings.

"Yerim.... get up." Umma came to my room, flipping the sheet over me.

"Umma.... I am not feeling well.... just call in sick today."

"Aniyo... I can tell when you're lying." She helped me get up and rubbed my back with her palm. She kissed my hair and almost dragged me out of the bed. "You're exams are near. You want to fail this semester?"

"Ummaaaaa...." I whined but I was deaf to her ears. Good, what am I gonna do now.

I changed into my uniform and she handed a toast to me which I nibbled harshly. She would really see my dead body today. I sighed but she still kept on passing on stupid smiles to me, you know, the motherly smiles. I left home as she waved me goodbye and hopped to the path where Yoona and I used to meet. I saw her coming and waved to her which made her run to me, squeezing me with a hug.

"Lets have fun today." Yoona grabbed my arms and then started walking together with me.

"I am sorry for the other day." I apologized.

"Ani... I am sorry. I was actually acting weird."

"I am skipping school today." I told her.

"Liar!" She hid under her fingers.

"I am not lying. Would you join? Lets... just skip together and hang out." I asked.

"Just us two?" She pointed to her.

I nodded and grabbed her hand. "Until the school time ends, that way our ummas wont know."

"Am I really talking with Yerim, the shy girl?"

"You know... Shy ones have all the rights to enjoy life. Don't they?" I laughed together with her.

"You're skipping because?" She demanded an answer.

"Haha... Ummmm, Myungsoo and I had a little encounter with the guys."

"You mean Sungyeol?" Her eyes protruded out.

"Ummm..... I think he's mad at me right now, so its better to let it fuel down." I giggled but then sighed in dismay.

"Yerim....." Yoona eyed the ground beneath her feet. "You know the guy I like.... well..."

"You mean Sungyeol, is it?" I asked cuz it was the only reason she hesitated so much while hinting.

"Omo... How did you.... are you a mind reader? You're the first person to know this secret, even Hyoyeon unnie knows nothing.... jebal.... Keep it a secret.... Omo.... Am I blushing now..... Otthokheyo!!!!!"

"Haha.... calm down Yoona, he's not here." I teased.

"Wait... You're not mad at me... that I like him?"

"Huh.... Ani... its your matter, why would I be mad? You make your own life choices."

"Yerim..." She hugged me again, this time more warmly. "You're the best."

"So, when will you confess?" I asked, which I shouldn't.

"After I make him your chingu and a good guy. He has lots of energy but he uses it for pranks and bullying. You know, I fell in love by a simple act of saving me while I was going to trip."

"Jinja? You fell in love just by that?"

"Yeah... Do you think he likes me?"

"You both are popular... will make a good couple."

"You think so...."

I smiled. Yeah! atleast he'll find less time to bully me.


 

"Its already 3... so you'll wait for Myungsoo here?" Yoona inquired as we reached near the temple.

"Yeah... he'll be mad otherwise." I giggled.

"Confess to him." She patted me back.

"Already did." I told.

"Omo.... you did?"

"After he did."

"Best of luck, and dont let the guy slip out."

"Haha... don't worry. Bye."

"Bye..." Yoona waved and left for home.

I entered the fence and saw Myungsoo on the porch, sitting with his head slightly down. I couldn't see his eyes, hiding under the bangs.

"Hi..." I joined my arms backward and stood in front of him, looking down at his head. "Hi..." I repeated but he didn't make a single movement. I bent a bit to take a better look at him. He abruptly looked up and our eyes met. I, horrified, took few steps backward. A slow smile crawled over his lips.

"Did I scare you?" He smirked.

"Anii...." I stepped forward and sat down with him. "Does this temple belong to you?"

"Did the guys bully you?" His eyes went cold.

"I skipped school."

"Skipping wont solve anything."

"Umm..."

"So, what did they call you?" He asked.

"What?"

"The names they give you?"

"Uh, uhh....." I felt a bit embarrassed before muttering out. "Ugly cinderella...."

"Just that?"

"Weirdo, nerd... and...."

"Ah! Jackas*." He said innocently the same name that he called me before confessing.

I stared back at him, frowning. He looked back at me, trying hard to suppress the laugh dancing at his lips.

"Don't try to act all cool.." I rolled my eyes, before he finally burst into laughter. He pinched my cheeks hardly and I shoved his hands away. He repeated the irritating act and again got his hands pushed away.

"No umma made sandwich today??" He pouted.

I took out the lunch box and stuffed it in his hands. "Here!" I frowned.

"Are you jealous of the sandwich?" He laughed. His cell phone rang and he picked up. "Yeah??................. Right now??? ............ Ok." He hung up. "Sorry, can't hang out with you today."

"Its OK, but is everything alright?"

"Almost. See you tomorrow." He stood up and took out the sandwich, giving back the empty lunchbox. I stood up as well. He turned back and gave me a quick hug. "I don't wanna leave."

I pushed him away. "Go..." I shouted and he smiled while my hair. "Bye..." I said.

"Bye." He left and I could only see his small image leaving. I picked up my bag, ready to leave. I wondered if the temple really was his property or something for public but he restricted me to go inside, and that used to leave me even more anxious about the little building but since I was a coward, I couldn't even imagine peeking into the temple. I got out of the place thinking about how would I avoid Sungyeol the next day, just then some strong hand grabbed my arm and captured my body in an embrace.

I smiled. "I told you to lea--ve..."My words couldn't find balance when I looked above to find Sungyeol instead of Myungsoo. Panicking at the situation, I tried to break free but all in vain.

I heard him laugh at me while holding me in his arms. "Poor guy, you can't even tell the difference between your lover and your hater." He lowered his head to meet my eyes with a minute distance. "Make sure to come to school next day, or else, I'll make your hell life hellish." He then pushed me away and I fell on the ground. "Better know where you belong." He said and smirked. 

I didn't shed a single tear and vowed myself something, I will become stronger and I'll fulfill this promise, or atleast I'll TRY.