Finis

The Jiyoung Theory

Jiyoung is a mystery. He confuses people, and he likes it. He likes to watch their faces go through the motions of figuring him out only to arrive at the wrong answers. He likes to talk circles around them, leaving a trail of maybe in his wake. He likes to talk with a new pitch. He likes to talk to strangers; "Excuse me, sir?" he would say, seriously looking at whomever his newest victim is. "Do you know where my father is?" 

Seungri would laugh. He never understood Jiyoung or his jokes. He only understood the stuttered replies and laughed at the new, ridiculous questions Jiyoung would stop to ask innocent passers-by on a shopping trip (or sometimes the less innocent men hanging outside a soju joint after a long night of it himself). Seungri loved to watch as Jiyoung lifted the veil he painted over people's eyes, whether it be telling them his name, where his father is, that he's in his sister's dress, or that Seunghyun is in fact his friend and not his boyfriend. He loved watching the understanding settle over as Jiyoung switched from French or English or Chinese and back into Korean, telling the poor person he was harassing for kicks that he was in fact a Korean. 

Every single time it left Seungri laughing until his face was red and his chest was heaving. Every time it made him wonder what was going on in his friend's head when he thought of the imaginative and definitely untrue falsehoods he could weave out of air and dust just as he drew the lyrics for their songs out of nothing and made it into something...something big. 

Daesung tried not to think about the risque of their leader. Tried not to think about all the crazy things he did that had the other band members and label mates double over in fits. He didn't think he would be able to go home to see his parents if he admitted that someone he knew was as out there as Kwan Jiyoung was. His parents wouldn't accept that...he wasn't even sure he could. He knew about the theories floating around about Jiyoung. He knew that people whispered he was gay-No, transgender...both? No, he is an ex-convict...no he's actually an America-It's why he's so crazy...

Theories about their leader where 100 won a dozen and each were as valuable as the 100 won notes they so resembled; Nothing. 

Taeyang had theories too...

He thought Jiyoung had lost his mind when he was a kid and now he was just letting people know he was a little bit crazy. He didn't mind most of the time-He loved how Jiyoung made everyone laugh (including himself) and how any situation could be made light of by their insufferable and lovable leader. His antics were funny, if head turning and strange. Sure, he got some unwanted attention, but all publicity is good publicity, right? Taeyang didn't worry for Jiyoung's soul as Daesung did, but sometimes he did wonder...he wondered what God had been thinking, putting such a weird little man on such an unaccepting world. 

You see, Daesung was the type of Christian to put his faith in a man preaching the bible. Taeyang was the kind of Christian who believed that God was in everything, and he intended for anything that happened to happen. That was where the difference in acceptance and neglecting lay. You will understand one day. Jiyoung learned this very young, and Taeyang too...and many many kids who didn't know what to do. 

Seunghyun was like Jiyoung in his own way...He was loud, and out there. Unlike Jiyoung he didn't mean to be this way. Where every move Jiyoung made had a plan, every move Seunghyun made was the exact opposite. He had no plans, he had no forethought. He just did it because it looked fun. Jiyoung did it because it was one of the only ways to explain himself. He wanted to let people know who he was, and what he could make people do. Seunghyun knew this about Jiyoung. He had his theory, too, just like everyone else. His was just a little closer to the mark. He thought Jiyoung did what he did so he could be free. 

Jiyoung did what he did because of the theories, because of the expectations, the expressions of surprise. He did it so that he would never disappoint anyone for being something different. He did it to sort out the people that would leave him because he was a certain way or he did a certain thing. He didn't want to talk to those people. Those were the people that started the theories about him being gay. About him wearing women's underwear. About him hiding something. About him being someone else. 

The people that supported those rumours, those were the ones he would want to talk to. Those were the ones that wouldn't shy away if he really was wearing women's underwear (and who's to say he's not?). Even Jiyoung had theories about Jiyoung, and they were being proven and disproven every single day. 

The theories of Jiyoung were turning more into a massive, turning algorithm. Each new theory a new part to the puzzle that formed the face of 'who am I' that formed the face of reality for the one and only Kwan Jiyoung.