Minkey; I'll Pay You in Mac & Cheese

Pairing/Prompt Thing

Pairing: minkey

Rating: PG

Genre: fluffy fluff

A/N: Originally posted to tumblr.

Written for this prompt thingy. [Still accepting prompts!! uwu]

“you’re my neighbor and your grandparents are coming to visit and you’ve apparently been feeding them a lie about how you’re dating me to get them off your case so could i please be your pretend date for like two days you will pay me in concert tickets and mac and cheese” au


“Come on babies, let’s go for a walk!” Kibum ushered the two dogs out of his apartment, trying not to trip over the excited bundles of fluff. He felt guilty seeing their eagerness to go out, but there was really no way to avoid his crazy work schedule.

He sheparded them toward the elevator and pressed the button to go down, anxious to get some fresh air himself. Kibum watched the elevator approach from the lobby; each floor lighting up as it passed until it eventually reached the tenth floor and the doors opened with a soft ding. Comme Des and Garcon rushed the elevator before Kibum could think to stop them and the poor guy trying to exit was herded back inside.

“I’m so sorry!” Kibum apologized to the guy, bowing his head as he attempted to bring his dogs back under control. At this rate they would pee in the elevator they were so excited, and he really didn’t want to have to explain that to his landlord. Again.

He shushed the dogs, both whining now that they knew they were so close to actually going outside. Kibum smiled down at them, happy that they were happy, before he looked up to press the down button. As he pressed the button and the doors slowly closed, he noticed that the guy was still in the elevator and rushed to open the doors again.

“Sorry about that! Here you go,” the doors opened again and Kibum smiled at the guy, who was now giving him a weird look as if he had no idea what he was talking about. “Uh…weren’t you getting off…?” he let the question hang between them and noticed that after a few silent seconds into their stare off, the other guy began to blush and forced himself to look away as if he was embarrassed.

Kibum shrugged it off and figured that the guy had just pressed the button to the wrong floor, which really wasn’t anything to be embarrassed about.

As the elevator descended once again, it picked up a few more passengers on the way, forcing the other guy to move incrementally closer to Kibum until they were literally standing right next to each other. He tried not to stare, but the guy was mumbling to himself and it was literally am impossible task, especially given how breathtakingly handsome he was. Kibum felt his heart flutter at the thought; it had been a while since his last failed relationship and he had apparently moved past the jaded, I-hate-love-and-everything-about-it phase as his best friend called it.

The guy, or “elevator cutie” as Kibum decided he would now call him, was tall and broad shouldered. His arms were crossed in front of his chest and Kibum tried not to drool over the snug fit of his shirt over his mouth-watering biceps and hard pecs. Kibum could only imagine what awaited him beneath that sporty shirt and didn’t feel the least embarrassed by the tiny flick of interest coming from his pants. Damn straight his should be interested in this fine hunk of a man. Elevator Cutie was in fact an Elevator God.

Garcon barked at him and Kibum cooed, bending down slightly to pat his head and taking more time to admire the Elevator God’s muscular legs. Was there anything not perfect about him? Geesh. Kibum hated to admit it, but even his sweat, which was making his tanned skin shine beautifully even in the horrible fluorescent lighting, was perfect.

When the elevator finally arrived at the lobby, Kibum’s arm was almost yanked out of its socket as the two impatient dogs finally smelled freedom. He rushed after them, feeling like he should say goodbye or something to the man he’d been ogling for the last few minutes but knowing that anything he attempted would be embarrassing beyond belief. He pushed the thought down and just accepted that he would only ever see the Elevator God whenever fate would next allow it.

The puppies made sure to sniff every rock, tree, or shrub that came in their path that they had only made it halfway down the block when a firm hand grasped his shoulder. Kibum spun around, ready to curse out the person who had the audacity to grab him, only to have his words die in his throat as he made eye contact with none other than the Elevator God who was smiling down at him charmingly.

“Uh…mind if I join you?”

The hesitation in his voice made Kibum scoff in bewilderment. As if he would be able to turn down an invitation to spend more time with the Elevator God. His noise, however, must have gave the wrong impression because the smile soon melted off of the other’s face and he looked, well he looked like he was pouting. How did someone so breathtakingly attractive have the right to also be so damn cute?

“Yes, please!” Kibum said quickly, not wanting to let the man slip through his fingers. That beatific smile returned just as quickly as it had disappeared, causing another twitch of interest from Kibum’s . It was going to be a long walk.

Elevator God, or Minho as he soon found out, was actually very easy to talk to. Not that Kibum wasn’t somewhat of a conversationalist himself, but Minho just made it so…enjoyable. He didn’t even remember how their conversation got started but pretty soon they had walked twenty blocks and the dogs were panting from exhaustion, which, Kibum hated to admit, he hadn’t even noticed until Minho had pointed it out to him when the dogs had randomly decided to lie down in the middle of the sidewalk.

“Oh…wow, they must really be pooped,” he laughed, bending down to pet their heads. He would need to remember to give them extra treats later. Thankfully there was a park a few blocks over and Minho helped Kibum coax the two tired pups over to a nice grassy area.

“How did you even know this was here?” Kibum asked Minho as they sat down and watched the dogs sniff a bit before eventually settling down.

“I go running here every afternoon after I get home from work, thus my sweaty appearance.” He motioned down his somewhat disheveled frame that Kibum gladly  took in. “Sorry if I smell, by the way, I was actually going to take a shower after my run-“ he cut himself off, his cheeks flushing red once again but Kibum acted like he didn’t notice.

“So…you just randomly decided that you wanted some furry company this afternoon?” Kibum asked, petting Garcon’s head as Comme Des rolled into Minho’s side. He chuckled good-naturedly but averted Kibum’s eyes as he rubbed the dog’s belly.

They sat like that in silence for a few minutes, Kibum not really knowing what to say as he felt the tension grow between them. He didn’t know what had changed but he hoped that he hadn’t said something along the way to make Minho feel uncomfortable. He tried to replay their conversation during their walk, double-checking that he hadn’t called him Elevator God to his face, but drew a blank. Maybe things hadn’t been going as well as he had initially thought?

“Minho, I’m sorry if I-“

“Kibum, I have to ask you-“

They both started to speak at the same time and froze after realizing what had happened. Minho burst out laughing, making Kibum feel a little more at ease as some of the built-up tension was finally released. Kibum waited for Minho to continue, his breath held as the other man averted eye contact.

“Kibum, I uh…don’t really know how to say this…but, uh…” he trailed off, clearly unsure of how to proceed.

Wanting to reassure him, Kibum reached out his hand to gently touch his knee. A jolt of electricity shot through his arm at the contact and he tried not to noticed the extra jolt of attention from his , but the touch seemed to work as Minho finally looked at him straight on. Those big, round, beautiful chocolate brown eyes were now staring right at him and Kibum felt like there was no place he’d rather be than staring right back.

Maintaining eye contact, Minho shifted closer so that their knees were now touching and Kibum’s hand had moved incrementally further up his glorious thigh. He tried to keep his breathing even at the new contact, but dammit Minho was making this harder than it needed to be. If he didn’t spit whatever it was out soon, he would have no choice but to jump his bones, even in a public park.

“Kibum, I have kind of a huge favor to ask and you can totally say no, but I kind of hope you don’t.” He nodded to show that he was listening and Minho continued, “My grandparents are visiting this weekend and they kind of think that…well…that we’re dating.” At the confused look on Kibum’s face, he rushed to explain, “It’s just that, I always see you out walking your dogs and I…uh…think you’re really cute, so when my grandpa kept asking me about my love life, I told them that I had started seeing someone…and when they pressed for details, the only thing that came to mind was you.”

Kibum tried not to be affected by that bashful smile that followed the rush of Minho’s words, but damn it all to hell. He was a Park God, too.

“So…what is this favor exactly?” Kibum asked, glad that his voice had come out normal when all he wanted to do was turn into putty in Minho’s gloriously large hands.

“Oh, right!” Minho adorably ruffled his hair and bit his lip at the question and Kibum really needed his to chill because popping a in the park was not cool.

“Well, my grandparents are visiting this weekend and they know that we’re neighbors, so they really want to meet you and uh….spendthewholeweekendwithyou.” He rushed through the last part as if the speed would lessen the impact. But, no such luck, Mr. God.

“Dude!” Kibum scoffed, unable to keep back his incredulity at Minho’s request.

“I know, I know! I’m so sorry, it’s so awkward – I’m so awkward. Ugh, this is not how I planned to ask you out…. But, I’ll pay you? Do you like mac and cheese? I have this sick recipe from my mom and…” he trailed off at the look on Kibum’s face. “Um…do you like concert tickets? I could probably snag something through my work-“

“Minho, calm down. Geesh!” Kibum snapped, needing to return to a very important point that Minho had been happy to just breeze through.

“So, let me get this straight. Your grandparents think that we’re dating and you want to pay me in mac and cheese and concert tickets to pretend to date you for an entire weekend?” He tried not to let his emotions show but there was only so much he could handle.

Minho, with those gloriously big chocolately eyes just blinked back at him and nodded.

“And this isn’t how you had planned to ask me out?” Kibum watched as the words sunk in and Minho’s face grew pale before turning bright red once again.

“Uh… no…?”

“Well, Mr. God,” Kibum said, enjoying the way Minho reacted to the nickname, his eyes blinking first with confusion and then with excitement. “I think you can pay me in something much better than mac and cheese…” and he leaned in, kissing him with everything he had until they were falling back and Kibum was laughing at the entire situation.

“Shut up,” Minho groaned, pinching him lightly on the before he reclaimed his lips and decided that he had better start paying up now.