Chapter Two

Entangled
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Another lesson that Kyungsoo had learned in life is that expectation brings misfortune. People tend to expect things from other people, sometimes even from nonliving things but most of the time from life itself. People expect tons and tons of things to happen –especially good things -- but majority of the time, expectations bring nothing but disappointment and negative feelings.

“Jongin, c’mon!” Baekhyun hollered shutting his locker close. “I’m starving and I want greasy ol’ burger.” Then putting his right hand on his hip, he added as an afterthought. “I think, I’m pregnant. I’ve been craving lots of things these past few days.”

Jongin sighed turning to look at the older male. “You know I can’t today, Baek. I have to meet up with Kyungsoo to do our report. And I’m pretty sure you’re not pregnant and will never be.” He replied pulling his bag over his shoulders.

Baekhyun blinked, tilting his head to his left. “Ah, yeah, the report.” He uttered remembering the afternoon Jongin and Kyungsoo came in 'together' to their class without their reflection papers. Oh boy, that was the first time they saw their usual soft spoken and kind Literature Professor get upset like he was about to cry. “Professor Zhang was really disappointed with you two or maybe just with his favorite student, Kyungsoo; after all nobody would ever expect negligence from Kyungsoo.” Baekhyun said walking over to where Jongin is standing with a frown on his face, the younger male, too, is replaying the event that happened three days ago in his mind. “You know, it’s not like that Baekhyun. Kyungsoo was being harassed during lunch so,”

“—but aren’t you curious?” Baekhyun interrupted placing his palm on Jongin’s chest. The younger male’s frown deepened with his friend’s question. “--curious about what?

“—what is the real reason why he wasn’t able to do his homework or about those bullies’ nasty accusations?”

Jongin gently grabbed Baekhyun’s hand and slowly moved it away from his chest. “Everyone forgets a thing or two, Baek. And why would I be curious about those jerks statements? We know that whatever comes out from their mouths are lies.”

Baekhyun took a slow step back consequently pulling his hand from the younger’s hold. Then with a grin on his lips, he chirped with a wave of his hand. “Good luck doing your report, Jongin. And say ‘hi’ to Kyungsoo for me, okay?”

“Yeah, see you tomorrow, Baek.” The younger replied, waving back as he watched the older turn around and walk towards the exit. When Baekhyun’s figure disappeared from his sight, Jongin turned and instantly made his way to his and Kyungsoo’s meeting place. “Room 1288.” He chanted taking the stairs and then rounding on the second corridor. “There it is.” He cheered spotting the room but his steps faltered when his ears picked up a somewhat familiar voice.

 

I wanna be a billionaire so in' bad
Buy all of the things I never had
Uh, I wanna be on the cover of Forbes magazine
Smiling next to Oprah and the Queen
Oh every time I close my eyes I see my name in shining lights
 

Pausing in-front of the slightly opened door, Jongin stared in awe at Kyungsoo’s figure illuminated by the soft almost somber orange and yellow rays of the sunset. “What a pretty voice.” Words unconsciously stumbled out of Jongin’s mouth startling Kyu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter