Mid Park

Code R for Retrieval
Please log in to read the full chapter

Author's POV

-SNU Hospital– #day2 1am

Recently appointed Head of Emergency Unit had just left alone in Emergency Department after her colleagues rushed out to the fields to do some medical evacuations. It has been a normal hard day for her. She dragged her already weak and lazy legs to the nearest couch. Not so squishy couch, the leather already ripped apart and felt rough at your skin if you are in the most sober state. But if you’re in lower state, even in half somnolent, it didn’t matter anymore. As long as it’s a couch, glad it was there. After sparing her precious five seconds to think how she survived this dawn, she's gone with her sleep.

Her nap didn’t last long. A screeching wheel sound was heard across this very wide room. She reached for her soul pieces and went out to the ED front desk. She could see, across the transparent automated door, a black City parked in front of the entrance. She reached her glasses and went out to help the driver to bring out the passenger. She felt relieved that 3 other patients inside the room, didn’t require hourly monitoring. She just kept praying that nothing bad happened with this fresh arrived patient. The patient appeared to be very pale, very skinny and seem worked too much. They, she and the driver, managed to put her down in the new bed and push it to enter the unit.

“Good night, I’m dr. Park Hanbyul. Firstly, what's her name and can you describe what happened to the patient?”

“Oh, yes doctor. She's Jung Sooyeon and has a fever and red spots all over her neck and arms. I don’t know for how long the fever existed and if red spots do appear on the other parts of the body, I don’t have a time to check it, because we immediately rushed to come here.”

“Well, is it okay to put her right here?” It was the slot nearest the entrance. “My colleagues were in the other part of the world. And it is the best place to have me watch over her, where I could also take a look for my other patients. How about it? You could take down the curtains, if you want some privacy.” She took down the curtains and spread it around.

“This is enough for us. Thank you, doctor.”

“No problem. Let me examine her. Hello!” The doctor pressed her knuckles to the xiphoid and she didn’t even budge. “Wait a minute, let me have my hammer. This very hammer has its prick side. It could wake up a stupor state.”

“Wait a minute, doctor. I’m Kim Taeyeon, by the way. Could you examine the body first? I’m sure it’s easier than have her resist. You know, doctor, you’ve just face to face to the South Korea’s most hospital haters. After you examine, draw her blood and get her an IV line, I could wake her up.”

“Yes, it would be easier. Please sign the consent right here first. While I’m working on it, could you park your car in the proper place? You could use backyard parking lot, it could be better to hide your car. And please register her in locket 6. You can find the locket easily from the hospital’s main entrance.”

“Of course. Ah, right, my car. I’ll be back in a minute. Please take care of her.”

“Yes, don’t you worry about it.”

 

------

The doctor finally finished her works. The patient’s blood already sent to the lab, looking for a certain antigen or antibody, and the IV fluid was dripping accurately. The fever is high, arou

Please log in to read the full chapter