More Secrets To Hide

Please Grant Me One Wish

"Hyungnim! Why did Lee Jong Hyun see me?" Shin Hye demanded as she called the head of the grim reapers. "Letting me interact with cute guys as you say is not forgivable!"

"Relax, Shin Hye-ya..."

"Geundae, Hyungnim! Hyungnim had made many mistakes already! Hyungnim did not complete Hani's memory wipe, and was not able to wipe out Kim Dasom's memory! And now, Lee Jong Hyun saw me! What the heck is this?"

Junhwan-nim brought his hand to his mouth and bit his knuckles. Forgetting to complete Hani's memory wipe and Dasom where his only mistakes. He knew that Haneunim might scold him for it and let him take heavenly brain supplements.

"Aish, mian, Shin Hye-ya. I will wipe out Jong Hyun's memory of you, arasseo?"

"Hyungnim better does!" Shin Hye retorted with a pout before hanging up the call. "Aish!"

And she went to the hospital to retrieve Takaki Maki's soul.

****

The next day, Hani did her rituals as usual, but before she left the house, she turned her heels to Jin Woon's room. She opened to see that Yong Hwa wasn't even there. She bit her lips and wondered where the heck her cousin went.

"Hmm, I bet he and Shin Hye-eonni are managing things," she thought. "Might as well go to school."

****

In school, Dasom was sitting on the bench in the gazebo along with the guys. She still could not figure out why nobody remembered Yong Hwa and all. But then, it was apparent that Junhwan forgot about Jong Hyun because he was talking to the guys about a milky white maiden in hanbok tht he saw at the Han River.

"There you go again, Hyung," Jung Shin said. "I am extremely sure you pulled one of  your cheesy pickup lines to make her fall."

"Aniya~," Jong Hyun replied as he shook his head. "It was Tan who grabbed her  notebook and played tag with her. I just retrieved it for her."

"Aish," Min Hyuk scolded his hyung. "Talk to my hand if it helps."

"I am telling the truth!" Jong Hyun replied in defense.

Just then, Hani passed by alone, holding some books around her arms. Jong Hyun called her, and she came forward to them.

"Annyeong, Oppa?" she greeted the three, but bypassed Dasom, who just rolled her eyeballs at her. "Wae?"

"Is that how you are to greet a sunbaenim? 'Wae?'" Jong Hyun joked.

"Wae? Am I supposed to kiss you? Or kick you on the knees?" Hani joked back. "You decide."

"Aish," Jong Hyun replied sheepishly with a bedimpled smile. "Can a guy not just hang out with a hoobae anymore?"

"Is that another punch line too?" came Min Hyuk's irate retort.

"Punch line? What punch line?" Hani asked Min Hyuk out of curiosity, and Jung Shin had to explain. "An eonni with pink hanbok?"

It came to her senses that Jong Hyun might be talking about Shin Hye. How come he knew about her? And Jong Hyun saw she was in distress.

"Hani-ya, have you seen her around the premises too?" he asked her.

"Her? Around the premises?" Hani lied. She had to be cool and keep up an act. "I just saw an eonni yesterday wearing a yellow hanbok but she was at a wedding."

"Sigh, she was so beautiful and charming, not the Gangnam eonnis that you see around the coffee shops at Gangnam," Jong Hyun replied, like he was heartbroken.

And Hani kicked his shins. "Aya!" Jong Hyun screamed.

"Quit it, Oppa!" Hani scolded him. "How many women had made it past your sleezy hands, huh?"

To which, Min Hyuk and Jung Shin guffawed like crazy.

"Ani, aniya, Hani-ya," Jong Hyun said. "Sure, I may be one a**hole of a playboy, but that woman was just so... so pretty."

"Aish, stop it this instant, Oppa," Hani said. "Look! Min Hyuk-oppa and Jung Shin-oppa are having enough of your playboy ways."

"Yeah, and I might just give Hyung a coin to buy himself someone to talk to," Min Hyuk said.

"Min Hyuk-ah! That's so mean!" Jong Hyun shot back.

But Dasom was studying Hani the whole time. For her, Hani was definitely hiding something.

"You sure you did not see some milky white woman out there?" Dasom said spitefully out of the blue.

"What does that supposed to mean?" Hani cajoled her. "And are you jealously thinking that it has something to do with the Oppa that you had been talking about since yesterday?"

Dasom shut . Was Hani implying that she thought that her "oppa" was dating the milky-white girl?

"You are trying to ask me that," Hani shot back at Dasom. "You are making up a story here. When will it get published?"

Dasom's ire was aroused, but Jung Shin played the peacemaker. Everytime these two girls meet, it will always result to a catfight. Hani shrugged and bid the guys goodbye before heading off to her classes, leaving Dasom angry.

"Yeah, why did you get angry at the report of the milky-white maiden?" Min Hyuk asked Dasom. "It could be she was right about you trying to think that the girl went out with your Oppa, or you must have something for Hyung here."

"Eh?" Dasom ed. "I don't even have the hots for Jong Hyun!"

"That's so mean!" Jong Hyun replied.

"Geu... You know Dasom-ah, I think I prefer thinking you are jealous of the milky-white girl because of Hyung rather than you getting jealous of a girl because of a non-existent guy. Makes me shiver," Jung Shin said.

"What do you mean, huh?" Dasom asked. "I already told Yong Hwa is real!"

"But we don't even know him," Min Hyuk said. "You insisting on him will make us think you absconded from a mental institution."

Dasom was about to slap Min Hyuk, but he made sense. The truth stings, but Min Hyuk was right. Why was she insisting on someone that they do not have any knowledge of? Someone who, for them, was nowhere in the world to start with?

 

Hani, meanwhile, sprinted to class. She was glad to have gotten away with it. And with Min Hyuk's logical mind, she just might be saved.

~~~~

Up next, Yong Hwa's first mission as a spirit warrior, and him asking Shin Hye if angels fall in love. Kyaaaaaa!

~~~~~