Final

My Girly Guy (one shot)

 

 

A few years ago…

“E-Eeep!” Aaron cried. “G-Gui! Gui! There’s a spider on your lunchbox!!” Gui Gui smacked the back of Aaron’s head. He yelped.

“Gosh!” Gui Gui demanded. “You’re such a wimp!” Ignoring Aaron’s cries, she took a piece of paper and carefully allowed the spider to climb onto it. Then, she cupped a jar over it and freed it outside. When she turned back, she realised Aaron was staring at her in horror.

“What?” Gui Gui asked bluntly.

“D-Don’t touch me!!” Aaron yelped.

“Ya Lun!” Gui Gui complained. “It was only a small spider!” Aaron shook his head quickly.

‘It’s disgusting!” He said. Gui Gui laughed with frustration.

“Ah, Ya Lun,” She said. “Why are you so girly?”

“I-‘m not!” Aaron protested. “It’s just that…you’re too manly!!”

“WHAT DID YOU SAY!!??”

“Aaarrghh!! J-Just kidding! I was only just kidding! Please don’t smack me on the head!!”

Gui Gui laughed.

~~~

Several years later…

“The dog! The dog!” Aaron cried, hugging Gui Gui tightly in fright. “Gui!! That dog is back again!!!” Gui Gui sighed.

“There’s nothing to worry about,” She said. “It won’t bite. See?”

“A-Ah! Careful! Gui…” Aaron said as Gui Gui reached her hand out towards the dog. The dog allowed itself to be pat on the head. Its tail wagged happily side to side. She turned back to Aaron.

“I told you so, didn’t I?” She said. “Now let’s keep going.” Aaron looked at her in disgust.

“What?” She said.

“D-Dog germs!! You’ve got dog germs!!”

“Sheesh! It doesn’t matter!”

“N-No! It does! I won’t hold hands with you until you wash your hand with soap!!”

“Alright! Alright! I’ll wash my hands.”

“And with soap!”

Gui Gui rolled her eyes as she headed off to the public toilets to wash her hands. Ever since they were little, Aaron was girly and quite strange and Gui Gui was bossy and boyish. Aaron used to always get bullied for being girly and having a face like a girl’s. Even though he was a boy, the one who always protected him was a girl. Yep, it was the boyish Gui Gui. But even before Gui Gui, Aaron had been bullied a lot. And the day she moved to Taipei was the day she met him.

~Flashback~

“Ahahahaha, look at the little girly boy,” A boy snickered. “Just sitting there and crying.”

“You really are girly,” Another boy said. “You should move to a girl school already! They’ll probably accept you!” Aaron didn’t say anything and kept his head down, tears falling.

“Hey!” A voice suddenly called. “What do you think you guys are doing!?” Everyone looked up to see a girl with black hair and pigtails wearing a long t-shirt and shorts. Her name was Gui Gui or Even Wu.

“What do you think you’re going to do, girlie?” The boy said, eyeing Gui Gui. Gui Gui kicked him, pissed off.

“That,” She said. “Is what I was thinking to do.” The boy got up, cried and ran away with the other boy. Gui Gui turned to Aaron who looked up at her in admiration. She was like an angel.

“And you!” She barked. “Next time don’t get yourself into bullying! Understand!?” Aaron flinched at his angel’s sudden yelling. He nodded and she dug into her pocket and brought out a tissue. She handed to him.

“Here,” She said. “Take this tissue and wipe those tears away.” Aaron took the tissue and clutched it tightly before carefully wiping his eyes so that he couldn’t wreck the tissue. He didn’t want to wreck it.

From then on, Gui Gui was like his guardian angel.

~End Of Flashback~

~~~

When Gui Gui came back out of the public bathroom after washing her hands, she saw Aaron standing nearby, looking nervous.

“What’s wrong now?” She said. He turned to her quickly.

“Um-Um…G-Gui…” He said. “I-I need to tell you something that I wanted to tell you for a long time.”

“Wait, wait, don’t tell me…” Gui Gui said. “…You’re gay.”

“N-No!! I’m not!!” Aaron protested. “What I’m about to tell you is opposite of that!!” Gui Gui tilted her head.

“What is it then?”

“Um…Gui…I-I like you.”

“…Did I just hear that right? D-Did you say that you like me?”

“Y-Yes.”

“…”

“…Gui?”

“Excuse me for a while.” She ran off.

~~~

Wh-What was that?? Gui Gui thought as she ran through markets and stores. Why did Ya Lun suddenly tell me he liked me!? What was that!?

Her heart couldn’t stop thudding. She…She didn’t know what she felt towards Aaron. There was a mixed, confused feeling in her heart. She just wanted to run away from it, not wanting to know what it really meant. She ran into a dark alley and she bumped into four overgrown men. They turned around to notice her, deadly looks in their eyes.

“Where do you think you’re going, girlie?” The first one asked. Girlie. Gui Gui frowned. She hated being called that.

“I’m thinking of going past you four,” She replied. “But you four meaty men are in the way.” The second one snarled.

“What did you say!?” He lunged at her. Gui Gui stuck out her leg, trying to aim a kick at the one lunging at her. But it was no use, his flabby fat just wasn’t kickable. He laughed at her efforts.

“No use, girlie,” He said. “I’m too strong for you.” He pushed her onto the ground and she landed on the floor with a hard thud.

“No,” She said, getting up again. “More like you’re too fat.” The second one snarled again and tried to punch her but she was pulled backwards. Into the arms of Aaron.

“Y-Ya Lun!?” She cried. He didn’t respond. His expression was hard, like a stone. It was the first time Gui Gui had seen such an expression on his face.

“You guys are such cowards,” He said, turning to face the four men. “Four guys trying to pick a fight with a girl? That’s low.”

“What did you say, you bastard!?” One of the guys said, running towards Aaron. He was the biggest and the toughest one. He was probably the boss.

“Ya Lun!” Gui Gui screamed. “Run!” But Aaron didn’t run. He didn’t move at all.

“Run!” Gui Gui screamed again as the boss aimed a punch at him. But instead of being hit, Aaron blocked the punch with his palm. Gui Gui stared as Aaron moved swiftly and punched the boss in the stomach. The boss choked and fell to the ground, gasping for breath.

Aaron looked back at the other three, eyes looking as deadly as ever. The three quivered and ran away. The boss got up slowly and pointed at Aaron.

Before he could speak, Aaron did.

“Don’t ever hurt her again.”

The boss whimpered and limped away. Aaron looked at Gui Gui, expression and voice softening.

“Are you okay?” He asked. Gui Gui nodded and Aaron fell to the ground.

“Ya Lun!” She cried, bending down next to him. “Y-Ya Lun, are you okay??” He didn’t say anything at first. Then, he shook his wrist back and forth and started wailing.

“It huuuuuuuurrrtttsss!!!” He cried. “Guiiiiiii!! It hurrrtttsss!!” Gui Gui started laughing and Aaron stopped wailing and sniffed.

“Ahahaha…sorry,” Gui Gui explained, almost out of breath. “It’s just that…you know, you were just so cool before! And then suddenly you start collapsing and crying like a baby!” Aaron looked grimly at her.

“Do you…prefer me more like that?” He asked.

“Oh no,” Gui Gui laughed. “I like the way you are just fine!” She froze. The words had come out of her heart. She said it. She said that she liked him.

Or something like that, anyway.

Aaron stared.

“R-Really?” He asked. Gui Gui stared at the ground.

“Ya Lun…” She said. “Come here for a sec.” Confused, Aaron went closer towards her. She pulled him closer and suddenly kissed him.

When they broke apart, Aaron jerked back.

“O-Our lips touched!!” He cried, flapping his arms around. Gui Gui rolled her eyes and pulled Aaron’s chin around so he could look at her.

“Don’t you get it?” She said. “It means I love you.” Aaron blinked.

“S-Say that again?” He said. Gui Gui sighed.

“I. Love. You.” She repeated. Aaron’s eyes widened and he pulled Gui Gui into a hug, swinging her around.

“Really?” He asked. “Really? Really? Reallllllyyy??” Gui Gui laughed.

“Yes! Yes! Yes!”

Aaron beamed. Then he frowned.

“But, then, do I have to do…” He leaned forward slowly and kissed her on the lips. “…This?”

Gui Gui smiled and blushed in embarrassment.

“Y-You’ll get used to it,” She said. She took Aaron by the hand and they walked off together.

No matter how girly or wimpy he acted, or how boyish she was, they would always be together.

Because Aaron was Gui Gui’s girly guy.

~~

Author’s Note: My second one-shot!! I really hope you’ve enjoyed it!! There were lots of fighting scenes…Yeah, sorry. It was a bit violent. ^^||

Please, if you can, read my other fan fics as well!

~Maid for a Genius

~Love and Money

~The Truth That You Leave

~Memory

Thank you!!