Goodbye Grandpa

I think I'm falling for you

 

Chapter 4: Good bye grandpa.

(Lucy relating)

 

Today Minwoo was nice with me as always, he’s not ashamed anymore, and he knows that I didn’t misunderstand anything, that we’re just friends. So I’m happy that things in the school got better.

I can’t believe this. My dad called me saying that my grandpa died, why? He was fine when I left Florida, he wasn’t sick, he was great, he can’t go, he is everything for me, grandpa can’t die, this can’t be possible.

Dad said we’re going to Florida for his funeral, I don’t want to go, it’s better to believe that he’s still alive there in Florida, I hate this, life it’s so unfair. Without grandpa, I don’t know how I’m going to live.

I used to call him every night, and tell him how was school, how was my family, my friends, and everything. Without him music has no sense. I need him, this can’t be happening.

I’m in shock, and I can’t stop crying and I can’t move. Hye Ran it’s trying to calm me down. What happened? She said. But I can’t even say a word. I want grandpa to comeback.

I’ll leave early today from school to take the first plane to Florida.

 

(Youngmin relating)

 

I know this is stupid. I’m here hiding in a closet in this old classroom, waiting that she arrives and starts playing and singing like she did yesterday. I know it was wrong to lie to my friends, because I told them I was going to do homework in the library, but I really want to hear her voice again.

One hour later…

It’s been an hour since I’m here, she didn’t come today, I wonder why, well I’d better go home and I have to rehearsal later.

In the rehearsal Minwoo said that he was sad and worried about Lucy, because her grandpa died, and he was really important for her. He also said that she won’t go to school for two days because she went to Florida to say goodbye to her grandpa. So now I know why she didn’t’ go to play the piano and sing.

 

(Lucy relating)

Two days later…

I came back from Florida. I’m depressed, I hate everything. Today at school everyone was trying to cheer me up, even Hye Ran, but nothing makes me feel better.

Minwoo was really nice to me, but even he didn’t make me cheer up, he did a lot of aegyo, he sang to me child songs, and other cute things, but nothing is enough, nothing can make me forget my grandpa, and nothing will do.

After school I decided to go to the abandoned classroom. When I saw the piano, I remember my grandpa and I couldn’t avoid start crying, I started to hit the piano and saying:

-       Grandpa, please comeback! I need you; don’t leave me alone, I need you.

I stayed crying on the piano. Suddenly I felt a hand on my arm and someone said: Are you ok?

When I opened my eyes I couldn’t believe who was. It was Youngmin! He was standing next to me with a worried face. My heart started beating so fast but I was so sad that I didn’t pay attention to it.

-YM: Are you ok? - He said again.

- Me: What are you doing here? – I asked while I was drying my tears.

- YM: (nervous) I was taking a nap.

- Me: Oh! I’m sorry! Did I wake you up?

- YM: That’s no important. Are you ok?

- Me: Not really, my grandpa it’s gone. I don’t know what I’m going to do without him. (I started to cry again) He was my best friend. He taught me to play the piano and to love music.

- YM: Oh I see! (What’s that kind of answer?)

- Me: I miss him so much.

- YM: Do you know what always makes me feel better?

- Me: What?

- YM: Ice cream! (with a cute smile)

- Me: I don’t think that’s what I need right now.

- YM: Well… I know! (excited)

He took his iPod out and put “Roly Poly” of T-ara, and he started to dance the choreography so funny. I couldn’t stop laughing I have to admit it was really funny.

-       YM: Now, let’s go for an ice cream. I deserve it.

-       Me: Ok, let’s go.

We went for an ice cream and sat in a park bench. Youngmin was wearing a wig so nobody can recognize him.

-       YM: You know what? I understand what you feel. Once I had a little turtle, I used to love that turtle. Kwangmin and I had a fight because of his name. He wanted it to name Pikachu, and I wanted it to name Swishi. I won (he smiled with that killing smile again). So Swishi was my best friend I used to take him everywhere I go. But one day Swishi died. I was really sad but my mom told me that he was taking care of me in the turtle’s heaven. That he was alive and when I needed to talk with him I could do it.

-       Me: Are you comparing a turtle with my grandpa?

-       YM: What I mean is… that your grandpa hasn’t gone, he’s still alive in your heart, and when you feel alone you could talk with him wherever you are. He’s taking care of you from heaven.

-       Me: Yeah, that’s right, but I won’t see him again, you know… in person.

-       YM: I’m sure your grandpa doesn’t want to see you crying and sad; he wants you to be happy.

-       Me: You’re right, thanks for everything.

We came back to school and my dad was waiting for me. I said goodbye to Youngmin and got into my car.

Youngmin was like an angel for me today. Now I don’t feel so depressed. I’m very thankful to him.

 

(Youngmin relating)

 

Wow, I didn’t know how much important was her grandfather for her. I hope she’ll be fine. I’m worried about her, I felt bad when I saw her crying. At least I could make her laugh a little bit. Wait, Why am I so worried about her?