TheDoktor's 2015 2nd Quarter Kpop Report

생각과 의견 - a kpop report
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

EXO: EXODUS & Love Me Right (Repackaged)

The single Call Me Baby from EXO's 2nd full album was certainly catchy but it wasn't my favorite EXO single. Personally, I think it's more worth it to buy the repackage with the inclusion of First Love (my favorite song) and also Promise, written by Lay, Chen and Chanyeol, and partly composed by Lay. Love Me Right was, to me, a more interesting track.

 

miss A: Colors

miss A's 3rd mini was alright. The title track Only You charted really well as is really catchy and the lyrics were kind of odd. Suzy and Min both participated in writing the lyrics for I Caught Ya and Stuck respectively.

 

MAMAMOO: Pink Funky

The lead up to this mini saw MAMAMOO collaborate with labelmate eSNa in the single AHH OOP!. The title track Um Oh Ah Yeh, partly penned by Solar, Moonbyul and Hwasa, caught some attention with their genderbending MV, and the tune itself is a great track becoming their best charting track to date, reaching #1 on 6 charts. Freakin Shoes, written and partly composed by Hwasa, is another one of my favorites.

 

The Ark: The Light

One of the three debuts that have really caught my attention. The Light MV is said to be a sort of tribute to the Sewol ferry incident but the song itself is quite heartwarming. So far I think these girls have a lot of potential and they dance amazingly well. You should check out their BTS and EXO dance covers.

 

EXID: Ah Yeah

EXID's 2nd mini album is a solid one. The title track Ah Yeah is the follow up to their break out hit Up & Down and personally I like this track better.

 

Park Jin Young (JYP): Who's Your Mama

I'm only mentioning this because it's JYP. The MV was... interesting. The song itself had a Gangnam Style sort of catchiness.

 

BASTARZ (Block B): Conduct ZERO

This subunit of Block B's debut mini album spawned one of the most addicting song of 2015 so far, Conduct ZERO. I can't say I've listened to the mini itself, nor am I a fan of Block B so I don't know much about them but that song was just too good.

 

Jinuseun: Tell Me One More Time

Their first project in over 10 years, Tell Me One More Time featuring Jang Han Na is a pretty catchy tune and they invited different female artists to join them on stage for the promotions which was fun.

 

CLC (Crystal Clear): Eighteen & Question

Eighteen was their in between promotions promotion leading up to their 2nd mini album Question. The title track Like is a cute song and the MV is bright and adorable but my associates and I agree that Hey-yo is a much more memorable track. But the mini itself was solid and I liked it better than the first one.

 

M&D: Cottage Industry

Made up of Heechul from Super Junior and Jungmo from TRAX, this is the duo's first mini album and the title track in I Wish.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter