Chapter 2

A Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jihoon took the papers which Jaejoong signed and neatly placed them in a file. “congratulations Jaejoong, Changmin is now your son.” he said with a big smile.

“you know he’s my son too hyung….” Yunho frowned at the back of the office at not having anything to do.

“he’s your son by default. Legally, Jaejoong is his mother. You should know that.” Jihoon retorted.

Yunho just huffed. They had brought Changmin to their home that night and skipped classes the next day to get things in order. They took Changmin with them to their job and needless to say, everyone was surprised that the couple had got a child.

Jaejoong took Jihoon’s help in the adoption process because Yunho was sulking. He wanted to be the rational man who thinks they are not ready for a child even though they have been engaged since they played house when they were kids and dating for 8 years. But Jaejoong knew Yunho is as happy with the small lovable baby who looks a perfect mix of their features. Changmin had melted Yunho’s heart by his cuteness.

The three of them descended from the residence above the restaurant where everyone was waiting anxiously before the start of service.

Hyori cradled Changmin with his bottle of milk, “So?” Jaejoong nodded with a bright smile.

“am I godfather?” Yoochun chirped hopefully.

“why would I do that to Min?” Yunho asked genuinely earning a rag in the face.

“it’s okay Chunnie. I’m godmother so we still get Minnie when they both die.” Junsu said cheerfully but the icy words brought a chilling silence in the room.

“So what are you going to do from now on? Don’t tell me one of you is dropping out of school.” Jihoon asked Yunho and Jaejoong.

“We haven’t really thought of anything yet. We tried but nothing.” Jaejoong answered.

“we thought of our parents but they are in Gwangju. Jaejoong’s mother offered to come but we have a space crunch as it is with a new addition…. Not that it’s a bad thing.” Yunho added when Jaejoong glared at him.

“no worries children. Uncle Chun is here.” Yoochun said dramatically.

“You're not appointed uncle.” Yunho deadpanned.

“I’m uncle or I’m not babysitting.” Yunho agreed grudgingly, “I can take care of him when you guys go to class. I’m at home while you all are in university then one of you takes him when I leave.”

“and don’t worry about work.” Hyori interjected, “you bring him over and I’ll take care of him upstairs.” She held Changmin in front of her face and nuzzled him, “we’ll have so much fun! Won’t we! Won’t we!” hyori’s voice became shrill as the babytalk progressed.

“ground rules people. No baby talk with my Minnie.” Jaejoong’s sudden announcement brought whines and grumbles from everyone including Yunho. Who knew babytalking was popular. “he’s MY baby and the Kim family rule is NO baby talk. You talk normally so he learns faster. That’s why I’m smarter than you ers.” She said smugly.

“and boring.” Yoochun.

“and stiff.” Junsu.

“prissy.” Hyori added.

“bossy.” It was Yunho.

Jaejoong glared at Jihoon who shut his mouth before he could say the ‘K’ of ‘Clumsy’.

~~~

Days went by as usual, if not brighter with the presence of the ball of sunshine that is Changmin.

He spent his early mornings with his uncle Yoochun then after lunch with his parents. Even at 5 months, he knew that he should be quiet when his parents are studying in the few hours before work. He only made a sound when he was hungry or needed a change otherwise he was content with his toys- his parents’ old ones sent by the Kims and Jungs from their hometown.

His crib was in the master bedroom as the only spare room in the apartment was small and used for the washing machine and pantry. So Yunho and Jaejoong had their ‘private’ time in the bathroom.

Evenings, he alternated hourly between Yunho and Jaejoong as they prepped before service and then was transferred to his playpen in the apartment upstairs where Jung Hyori spoiled him with all the foods in the world.

Yunho blames her for the infant becoming a food monster.

Yet, Yunho would take the boy every Sunday to the food market and try all kinds of street food. Well, Yunho did while Changmin would have one nibble.

Jaejoong was the only one who could put him to sleep. Her very talking voice was a lullaby to him. When Jaejoong wasn’t around for some reason, she’d put him to sleep via the phone.

Lately, Changmin has been more under the care of Hyori. Finals are nearing so the college students were busy in their studies.

He still got time with his parents before the restaurant opened though. Right now, Changmin was strapped to Jaejoong’s front while she arranged cutlery on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter