final

Cake

“Key, Key!” Taemin half whispered half shouted as he waits for the order to be ready to take it to the customer.

He and his friend Key work in a diner; after graduating from high school, they both were accepted in an arts school in New York, so they both moved in together and decided to work at the diner at the evening to support themselves.

“What?” his friend asked curiously.

“Look at that guy, dear lord he’s so handsome.” Taemin said as he put a palm on his chest.

“He is-”

“Lee, move your !” a waitress interrupted as she shoved the tray of food in Taemin’s hands. He looked at her with wide eyes before moving to deliver the order.

“Enjoy your meal.” Taemin smiled at the blonde lady before bowing and walking away.

On his way back to Key, he passes by the hot stranger who to his surprise, smiles at him and winks. Taemin smiled back shyly before scurrying away. He was sure he dropped his heart somewhere on his way.

“He smiled at me, Key!” the black haired waitress squealed, “His smile is so bright the moon looks gloomy.”

Key simply laughs and shakes his head at the dreamy look on his friend’s face, which soon turned into a pout when his handsome stranger stood up and left the diner.

It seemed like the power went off, the diner seemed darker.


 

“I should’ve taken a picture of him.” Taemin mumbled, his chin resting on his palm.

“Oh I don’t think you needed to.” Key said minutes later.

Taemin looked at him in confusion before following his gaze, it was him again.

“Sweet Jesus.” the black haired boy whispered as he stared, mouth gaping open. However, he was pulled out of his little bubble with a hit on the head by another waitress.

“Stop daydreaming, Lee!” she scolds, “Go get table 5.”

Taemin nods mutely and walks to the table, his heart fluttered, his legs shook underneath him and his face turned red when he realized he was in front of the handsome boy.

“What w-would you like t-to order, s-sir?” he slapped himself mentally for stuttering like an idiot.

Can I get a Taemin, please?

 

“Key, how did he know my name?” Taemin asked, eyes wide.

It was a day later and the black haired boy was leaning against the counter, thinking of what the handsome stranger said to him.

The other boy rolled his eyes, as he poured the coffee in a cup before handing it to the customer. “There is something called a nametag, Taemin.” his friend can be an idiot sometimes.

“Right….” Taemin whispered, staring at nothing in particular.

His face reddened as he remembered the way he reacted when the brown haired stranger talked to him, he just stood there with a dark red face and stared at the boy, his mouth gaping like a fish. To his relief, Key came and saved his , he simply pushed him away to bring him back to reality before taking the stranger’s order and turning away to drag Taemin to the counter with him. That was embarrassing.

“Tae, go get table 5.” Key said, his lips turning into a smirk.

Taemin turned around and walked to the table, but stopped suddenly when he saw him sitting at table 5.

.

The black haired boy turned around and glared at his friend, who giggled mischievously from behind the counter. He puffed his cheeks and pouted before staggering to table 5.

“Hi Taemin.” the brown haired stranger greeted before Taemin could open his mouth.

“Hi.” he looked down, blushing.

“I’m Minho.” the brunette introduced himself, with a charming smile.

Taemin’s heart skipped a beat as he nodded. His smile was so bright his eyes hurt.

“Well, Minho, what would you like to order?”

“A cake.”

“A cake?”

“Yes a whole cake-do you sell a whole cake?” Minho asked, looking up at Taemin with his huge brown eyes.

“Y-Yes we do,” Taemin answered, “Would you like me to write something on it?”

“Yes please,” the brunette answered, pretending to think as he his chin, “Please write,

Lee Taemin would you go out with me?

Yes.”

 
*
comment please. let me know what do you think.