001: The Meeting

The Bodyguard and the VIP

Yongguk stared at his badge with a wide smile as he walked through the corridors of the police station. 'Finally,'  he thought to himself. 'Finally I get to see where all the action is.' He gave himself a victory chuckle as he could finally get rid himself of the memories of him giving out tickets to those who failed to pay the parking fees in front of clubs and boutiques. As he looked up, he noticed his superior and friend stare at him from the beverage machine.

"Judging from your smile, you got laid last night, huh?" Sungwon gave a sleazy smile as he looked Yongguk up and down.

Yongguk swung his arm over Sungwon's shoulder and gave an equally sleazy smile back. "I would say yes, but the things I do in bed aren't any of your business." He raised his badge and waved it back and forth. "Do you know how long I've been waiting for his baby? Say hello to Detective Bang Yongguk!"

"Okay, Detective." Sungwon rolled his eyes and shoved Yongguk's arm off of him. "I'm your friend outside of work, but I'm your sunbae here. Act like this next time you're with me, you're going to catch these hands. Now hurry your up before we're late to the meeting."

The two were the last to enter their unit's designated room and they skipped the introductions as Yongguk had already introduced himself in a rather attention grabbing way. "Ah, that's right. You're the one that punched Taeil in the face." Eunji laughed as she stared at Taeil, another one of the detectives, and replayed last week's event in her head.

"Yeah, the punk that wanted to be in our unit so bad that he fought the weakest member here." Hangil laughed.

"Okay, time to shut your mouths." Everyone stood up to greet their chief, Lee Sunwoong, as he entered the room and sat in his seat. "Rookie, take a seat anywhere." He said before motioning for Taeil to begin the presentation.

Taeil stumbled his way to the front and pushed up his large frames and dimmed the lights and his PowerPoint presentation began. "We've been tipped that Choi Hyunchul's operations have not only been illegal, but are crossing the borders of drug and human trafficking."

"Wait, who is Choi Hyunchul?"

"He's a multibillionaire business tycoon that has multiple branches of his technologic companies all over Asia. Hyunchul is planning on expanding his business to America and if we're not able to stop him before he crosses over, we might lose him forever."

"And who gave us the tip?"

"It was an anonymous female who identified herself as Han. She stated that she was to be sold off, but found a way to escape the bidding. The only reason as to why we're not taking this with a grain of salt is because of the details she gave us that can only be known if you're actually there."

Hangil leaned back in his seat at he gave the other detectives a loud groan. "Okay, let's say this Han lady is telling the truth and Hyunchul is definitely scum. How are we going to arrest him? We can't exactly bust into his mansion and go, 'yo, this is Gangnam Police and we're here to arrest your drug and trafficking !'"

"Why don't we just go undercover?" Yongguk said, gaining the attention of the others in the room.

Taeil rolled his eyes and shook his head at the suggestion. "Thanks, but no thanks. Do you think we're in a movie or something? Listen here, rookie. What you've been watching in movies is not how to works here. This is real life."

"Wait, no, I think the rookie could be onto something." Sunwoong stated, causing Taeil to throw up his hands in defeat after his words were coldly rejected. "Let's say we do have someone go uncover; how would you propose we do this?"

Yongguk blinked as he looked around the room. Is this a test? He's only a rookie and it's his first day, but he's already having people listen to his suggestions? 'Don't mess this up.' He told himself as he readjusted his seating position to make him seem more confident than usual.  "Like, we go undercover and have us near him, but not exactly next to him. If we make ourselves his right hand man, we have a higher chance of getting our covers blown. We should be as far as possible, but close enough to see what's going on."

 

 

"Can you please, please, please do us this one favor?" Multiple students surrounded the young brunette as she blankly walked passed them with her ear buds in her ears. As one student stopped right in front of her with the determination of getting an answer, she simply stepped to the side and continued walked. "Jihye, please!" The students pleaded, gaining the attention of the other students on campus. As one student placed her hand on Jihye's shoulder, she stopped.

"Don't touch me." She coldly said, sending chills down to the now silent students.

Jihye walked off as she left the students silent and upset that they weren't able to persuade her into modeling for the art show that was coming up. As the crowd dispersed and Jihye walked towards her car in the parking lot, she was stopped by multiple large men. "What?" She asked.

"You're Choi Jihye, right?" Jihye mentally rolled her eyes as she motioned for the men to move so she could enter her car. "You're Choi Hyunchul's daughter, correct?"

"If I say no, will you leave me alone?"

"Sorry, but we can't do that."

Jihye sighed in annoyance as she lifted her hands up in defeat. "Fine, whatever. Let me get my wallet in my car first and you guys can take me where your boss wants me to be." Without allowing them to answer her, Jihye climbed into her car and she quickly slammed the door shut while she locked the doors. "Sorry, but I don't have any time to deal with my father's bull." She pressed her ignition button and drove off, nearly running over a few of the men.

"Go and get her right now!" One of the men screamed as they all scrambled to get into their cars to follow Jihye before losing her. Three cars in total were following her and as Jihye glanced at her rearview mirror, she rolled her eyes once more. "Are you kidding me?" She whispered to herself as she noticed how dangerously they were driving just to follow her.

The chase lasted for about ten minutes as Jihye attempted to maneuver around the neighborhood in order to lose the men, but it was to no avail since she refused to drive too fast due to the fact that it could be dangerous to those on the street. "Leave me alone." She whined as she glanced in her rearview mirror once more, but her eyes quickly reverted back to the road before she accidentally rear-ended the car that was in front of her. Jihye groaned from the pain of her forehead hitting her steering wheel and the pain that jolted down her body, but she still had the energy to unbuckle her seatbelt and exit her car. "God damn it." She mumbled to herself as she winced to herself because of the pain.

"What the ?" Yongguk cursed as he got out of his car, holding the back of his neck and angrily staring at the accident that was in front of him. "Were you ing sleeping?" He asked as he approached Jihye with his phone in his hands. "Call your damn insurance company right now!"

"Choi Jihye, we need you to get in the car right now." The men huddled around Jihye, pushing Yongguk off to the side. One of the men grabbed Jihye's arm ready to drag her with them, but Jihye pushed him off as she sent him a cold glare.

"Don't ing touch me." She warned, staring down all the men around her.

"If you don't come with us, we're going to have to use force."

As the men stepped close to Jihye and one went to grab her arm once more, Yongguk intervened by pushing them aside and making sure Jihye was behind him. "Hey, hey, hey." He repeated as he held his hands up. "If she doesn't want to go with you or for you guys to touch her, listen to her."

"This is between us and her." One of the men forcefully pushed Yongguk aside, causing his already bad mood to become even worse.

"She said not to touch her, you piece of !" Yongguk cursed while grabbing the collar of the closest man and swiftly punching him, causing him to hit the floor hard. Instead of stopping and continuing a conversation like a detective he should, Yongguk began attacking the other men to make sure they would back off. "How many times does she have to say that?!" He roughly kicked a man in the stomach, but as the man fell, his hand accidentally hit Jihye's face causing a small scratch due to the man's ring.

"Holy , are you okay?" Yongguk asked as he noticed Jihye grabbing the side of her face and wincing from the slight pain. While he was worrying about Jihye, the two did not notice the police sirens that were coming close to the group. The men stumbled to get back into their cars and drive off, glaring at Yongguk for interfering in their plans. The single police cruiser stopped the car right next to the two and an officer came out and quickly placed the two in handcuffs. As a towtruck drove next to the car accident, the police offer ordered for the two cars to be towed to a car shop while the two would be held in the police station. On the ride to the police station, Yongguk constantly argued with the police officers that he was a detective and was only defending Jihye. The officers remained silent throughout the entire ride while Jihye resting her head on the window with her eyes shut due to her headache that the accident caused.

"How many damn times do I have to tell you I am a detective at Gangnam's branch?!" Yongguk exclaimed as he stood to talk to the officer who was busy entering their information in his computer. "I am the victim here!"

"Sir, nowhere in your information states that you are a detective under Gangnam's branch. It does state you used to be a police officer, but that is now void due to the fact that you have been fired." The officer stated.

"Fired?! I'm fired?! I was in the meeting just a few hours ago!"

"Let him go." Heads turned to face Jihye as she finally spoke up after about thirty minutes of being in the police station. "I was the one who cause the accident and this man here was only defending me. Please let him go and settle this with me."

The officer turned to ask his fellow officer if he should follow Jihye's orders, but he was immediately stopped when a few men walked into the building. One of the men looked as if he was quite powerful as the other men behind him were his bodyguards and secretary. "I'm looking for my daughter: Choi Jihye." An obviously frightened officer pointed to where Jihye was, afraid that if he didn't answer, he'd be executed.

The man walked towards his daughter and he motioned for his secretary to hand the main officer his business card. "I'm Choi Hyunchul and this is my daughter. Is there a problem here?"

"N-No," the officer stuttered. "She and this man were in an accident and a fight and we brought them in for questioning."

Hyunchul looked down at his daughter and his facial expression went from demanding and strict to worried and fatherly. "What happened to you?" He asked as he held Jihye's petite face in his large hands. "Did this guy hurt you? Your forehead had a purple bump and you have a cut on your face. Are you in pain?"

"I'm fine." Jihye shortly answered as she swatted her father's hands away, turning her entire body away from facing her father.

"Who the are you?" Hyunchul's expression changed back to his original one as he faced Yongguk and grabbed him by the collar. "Did you hurt my baby girl?"

"Did I hurt your baby girl?" Yongguk scoffed, brushing Hyunchul's hands off of him. "Please. I'm the one that saved her. She was about to get dragged away by a load of gangsters and I was only helping her out."

Hyunchul's bodyguards intervened by pushing Yongguk away and brushing and straightening out the collar of Hyunchul's blazer. "Don't place your filthy hand on the boss, you disgusting creature."

"I'm a disgusting creature?" Yongguk balled his right fist and pointed at the man with his left hand and huffed loudly. "Say that one more ing time. I dare you."

"You. Disgusting. Creature."

Without another word, Yongguk lunged towards the bodyguard and a brawl unraveled in the middle of the police station. Hyunchul pulled Jihye away to the side to keep her away from any harm while Yongguk was fighting off four of the bodyguards alone. "I'll fight you all right now!" Yongguk exclaimed as he swung his fists at anything that moved around him, determined to release all of the anger that he had in him.

 

a/n:
yay for the first chapter! it's quite to the point, ain't it? i didn't want to waste anytime so i just jumped in to where the two main characters meet. i hope you guys like the chapter and hopefully the next one will be up soon~